IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

17 minutes ago, Bianconeri said:

Your right leg I love, it’s a great leg. I’ve nothing against your right leg.

......trouble is neither have you.

(one legged man auditions for Hamlet)

One of my favourite sketches of all time.  One leg to few as it was known and it was Tarzan not Hamlet. :) 

Peter
I noticed that, Mr. Spiggott. When you have been in the business as long as I have you come to notice these things almost instinctively. Now, Mr. Spiggott, you, a one-legged man, are applying for the role of Tarzan - a role which, traditionally, involves the use of a two-legged actor.
Dudley
Correct.
Peter
And yet you, a unidexter, are applying for the role.
Dudley
Right.
Peter
A role for which two legs would seem to be the minimum requirement.
Dudley
Very true.
Peter
Well, Mr. Spiggott, need I point out to you where your deficiency lies as regards landing the role?
Dudley
Yes, I think you ought to.
Peter
Need I say without overmuch emphasis that it is in the leg division that you are deficient.
Dudley
The leg division?
Peter
Yes, the leg division, Mr. Spiggott. You are deficient in it to the tune of one. Your right leg I like. I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role. That's what I said when I saw you come in. I said "A lovely leg for the role." I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is - neither have you. You fall down on your left.
Dudley
You mean it's inadequate?
Peter
Yes, it's inadequate, Mr. Spiggott. And, to my mind, the British public is not ready for the sight of a one-legged apeman swinging through the jungly tendrils.
Dudley
I see.
Peter
However, don't despair. After all, you score over a man with no legs at all. Should a legless man come in here demanding the role, I should have no hesitation in saying "Get out. Run away"
Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

Once producing a bogey as big as the Ti fucking tanic !

People thought it was the Titanic, but it wasn't. They went to sea on Winston's bogie...!

And the fucker sank!!

Edited by glynriley

7 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

One of my favourite sketches of all time.  One leg to few as it was known and it was Tarzan not Hamlet. :) 

Peter
I noticed that, Mr. Spiggott. When you have been in the business as long as I have you come to notice these things almost instinctively. Now, Mr. Spiggott, you, a one-legged man, are applying for the role of Tarzan - a role which, traditionally, involves the use of a two-legged actor.
Dudley
Correct.
Peter
And yet you, a unidexter, are applying for the role.
Dudley
Right.
Peter
A role for which two legs would seem to be the minimum requirement.
Dudley
Very true.
Peter
Well, Mr. Spiggott, need I point out to you where your deficiency lies as regards landing the role?
Dudley
Yes, I think you ought to.
Peter
Need I say without overmuch emphasis that it is in the leg division that you are deficient.
Dudley
The leg division?
Peter
Yes, the leg division, Mr. Spiggott. You are deficient in it to the tune of one. Your right leg I like. I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role. That's what I said when I saw you come in. I said "A lovely leg for the role." I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is - neither have you. You fall down on your left.
Dudley
You mean it's inadequate?
Peter
Yes, it's inadequate, Mr. Spiggott. And, to my mind, the British public is not ready for the sight of a one-legged apeman swinging through the jungly tendrils.
Dudley
I see.
Peter
However, don't despair. After all, you score over a man with no legs at all. Should a legless man come in here demanding the role, I should have no hesitation in saying "Get out. Run away"

59 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I have a 'disposable' email address which I have used over the years only to receive any and all communications BCFC related. This includes season tickets, OTIB etc. I've had this same email address for well over ten years.

Today at 12.28pm, for the very first time ever, I received an email to that address containing the Bristol Rovers Weekly Newsletter. Am I alone in suddenly receiving this? Suddenly, I don't want to look in my inbox because I feel that its integrity has been defiled.

Has Bristol Sport been hacked? Is it WikiLeaks? Is it Russia? Is it the Jordanian Secret Service? Is it Henbury Gas? We need answers ...

Happened to me too. I am a little concerned how they have my email. If it persists I may resort to pursuing a case under GDPR regulations. Is seems to me a gross breach of privacy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cityal said:

Happened to me too. I am a little concerned how they have my email. If it persists I may resort to pursuing a case under GDPR regulations. Is seems to me a gross breach of privacy.

That could also read "it just seemed gross to me" both are true.

Certainly I could not bring myself to click "download pictures" in my email client.

Surely someone should stop the gas from doing this. I dread to think what may happen if it was picked up by minors.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I have a 'disposable' email address which I have used over the years only to receive any and all communications BCFC related. This includes season tickets, OTIB etc. I've had this same email address for well over ten years.

Today at 12.28pm, for the very first time ever, I received an email to that address containing the Bristol Rovers Weekly Newsletter. Am I alone in suddenly receiving this? Suddenly, I don't want to look in my inbox because I feel that its integrity has been defiled.

Has Bristol Sport been hacked? Is it WikiLeaks? Is it Russia? Is it the Jordanian Secret Service? Is it Henbury Gas? We need answers ...

Me too - I felt violated and deleted it. How did they get my email address? it it continues after May 25th GDPR data breach is the way to go...

1 hour ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I received an email too to my disgust. They must be using a generic mailing list from somewhere.

Edit: Must be related to the EFL and not Rovers.

Edited by Gibbs

On 11/04/2018 at 18:12, 54-46 said:

I was impressed how quickly all the Gas comments appeared in response to Taylor’s gif. Good to know they have a keen interest in following BCFC matters on Social Media.

Classy, as ever. Gaschat, re. MT.

'Wouldn't piss on him if I came across him on fire in a car accident with his missus. I would Snapchat film it with the gif of Bobby Reid with a fire extinguisher.'

Read more: http://gasheads.org/thread/7402/idiot#ixzz5CZXs6wcC

2 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I had that too. I suspected some prankster in the office had signed me up. 

I'd guess the EFL got confused and sent it to their City list (which they would have had from when we had an FLi site) instead of the Rovers list. 

17 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

I had that too. I suspected some prankster in the office had signed me up. 

I'd guess the EFL got confused and sent it to their City list (which they would have had from when we had an FLi site) instead of the Rovers list. 

even the EFL think there is one team in Bristol :)

2 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Like a sag has shat in your butty box.

Edited by Juan Kerr

I had the email as well. Glad I’m not alone! The 5 point preview was riveting, especially this bit which made me chuckle:

"Blackburn have won the Premier League for example so managing them in League One comes with sky-high expectations - similar to managing Bristol Rovers in the Conference!"

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, ciderslider said:

Me too - I felt violated and deleted it. How did they get my email address? it it continues after May 25th GDPR data breach is the way to go...

I was going to suggest the same!

Pretty sure Wetherspoons have decided to delete their entire mailing list as how records were captured is so poor and they can't prove an existing business relationship so rather than falling in to the trap of breach, they have started again.

Sit on it until GDPR - then give then grief!

3 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Me too -  I initially stared in disbelief. Must be the Russians with a cyber attack on the nations well being.