IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Classy, as ever. Gaschat, re. MT.

'Wouldn't piss on him if I came across him on fire in a car accident with his missus. I would Snapchat film it with the gif of Bobby Reid with a fire extinguisher.'

Read more: http://gasheads.org/thread/7402/idiot#ixzz5CZXs6wcC

Fucking belters the lot of them, all was funny when he turnt his boyhood club down and took the piss out of them to stay at the sags though wasn’t it.

Tables turn and we sign him and take the piss in the best possible way and they hate it, abuse him and his family so he has to move house etc.

Love it how it still boils their piss :laughcont:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Classy, as ever. Gaschat, re. MT.

'Wouldn't piss on him if I came across him on fire in a car accident with his missus. I would Snapchat film it with the gif of Bobby Reid with a fire extinguisher.'

Read more: http://gasheads.org/thread/7402/idiot#ixzz5CZXs6wcC

The bloke (could be a woman, or gender non binary - shouldn’t assume I know) who started the thread, titled “what an idiot”, claims a few posts later that he “couldn’t care less about him”

Odd 

6 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I have a 'disposable' email address which I have used over the years only to receive any and all communications BCFC related. This includes season tickets, OTIB etc. I've had this same email address for well over ten years.

Today at 12.28pm, for the very first time ever, I received an email to that address containing the Bristol Rovers Weekly Newsletter. Am I alone in suddenly receiving this? Suddenly, I don't want to look in my inbox because I feel that its integrity has been defiled.

Has Bristol Sport been hacked? Is it WikiLeaks? Is it Russia? Is it the Jordanian Secret Service? Is it Henbury Gas? We need answers ...

Yeah, I got this on one of my lesser used accounts.  I assumed it was because I'm a registered overseas Gashead allegedly based in *********.   I enjoy making my contributions of constructive suggestions as to how 'we' can progress in raising cash from  ridiculous sources.  But now it seems they're not targeting just us true Blue Few.  The Bastards.  My next depth charge is now brewing!

4 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

How remiss of OTIB to let this anniversary slip by unnoticed:- 

13 April 1936: Joe Payne scored 10 fucking goals for Luton Town against Bristol Rovers in a 12-0 victory on his debut as centre forward – a record for one man in one game in English football.

Double like for the profanity.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

How remiss of OTIB to let this anniversary slip by unnoticed:- 

13 April 1936: Joe Payne scored 10 fucking goals for Luton Town against Bristol Rovers in a 12-0 victory on his debut as centre forward – a record for one man in one game in English football.

Why don’t we have an official Joe Payne day then? What a fucking legend!

2 hours ago, freezer said:

Yes! The classic STW. All hail the STW.

Followed closely by STP

Sticky Toffee Pudding......Sweet.

I find them to be practically interchangeable.

Although you would have to make sure that you served up an STP to your nan after Sunday roast.....

Edited by Juan Kerr

13 hours ago, 54-46 said:

The bloke (could be a woman, or gender non binary - shouldn’t assume I know) who started the thread, titled “what an idiot”, claims a few posts later that he “couldn’t care less about him”

Odd 

He’s not alone. Someone else further down the thread claims Rovers fans don’t care about him anymore :laughcont:

Course they don’t, really looks that way....:laughcont:

The facts are:

They were so desperate to keep him they agreed to a short contract with a low release clause 

They laughed when he shafted Oxford.

They didn’t prepare for losing him in January even though it was clearly a huge possibility given how many goals he’d already scored that season (not that the AlQs would’ve spent the money from selling Taylor anyway).

We showed interest, he couldn’t wait to come over and tbh no one could blame him.

He helped keep us up, they lost a load of potential goals, they had their pants pulled down in public which was hilarious, Dopey said he wouldn’t be sold for less than £10million...he was lying, they’re still crying about it, ‘Happy Days’ Dickhead, gutted Sagheads.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Why don’t we have an official Joe Payne day then? What a fucking legend!

Besides 13th April for Joe Payne Day, another date for your diary is Tommy Briggs Day on 5th February.

Showing their total domination of all things football related in Bristol, they appear twice in the top 5 of most successful goal scorers per game .... albeit on the losing side each time!

I wonder who they are playing today? (fingers crossed)

MostGoals.thumb.png.868573935172b0954057315a11cc0900.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_players_with_the_most_goals_in_an_association_football_game#England

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Southstandoriginal said:

Not only for scoring 10 against the sags (that is reason enough mind) he also scored 112 goas in only 119 professional matches! His career brought to a premature end by the war. 

Here he is scoring one of his ten goals against Rovers 

8F93E629-74CF-4CE4-A2FB-FC6E343D5377.jpeg

17 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

I had that too. I suspected some prankster in the office had signed me up. 

I'd guess the EFL got confused and sent it to their City list . 

That's because there's only One Team In Bristol!

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

He’s not alone. Someone else further down the thread claims Rovers fans don’t care about him anymore :laughcont:

Course they don’t, really looks that way....:laughcont:

The facts are:

They were so desperate to keep him they agreed to a short contract with a low release clause 

They laughed when he shafted Oxford.

They didn’t prepare for losing him in January even though it was clearly a huge possibility given how many goals he’d already scored that season (not that the AlQs would’ve spent the money from selling Taylor anyway).

We showed interest, he couldn’t wait to come over and tbh no one could blame him.

He helped keep us up, they lost a load of potential goals, they had their pants pulled down in public which was hilarious, Dopey said he wouldn’t be sold for less than £10million...he was lying, they’re still crying about it, ‘Happy Days’ Dickhead, gutted Sagheads.

And if you look back to that time on gaschat, one of their posters thought City would buy MT, but then loan him back for the remainder of the season and pay his wages. Also as City would pay £3 - 6 million for him, Rovers could buy a decent strike partner and would consequentially win promotion.

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Besides 13th April for Joe Payne Day, another date for your diary is Tommy Briggs Day on 5th February.

Showing their total domination of all things football related in Bristol, they appear twice in the top 5 of most successful goal scorers per game .... albeit on the losing side each time!

I wonder who they are playing today? (fingers crossed)

MostGoals.thumb.png.868573935172b0954057315a11cc0900.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_players_with_the_most_goals_in_an_association_football_game#England

That Tranny v Oldham game; as you'll see was at Christmas. In the return game either the day before or after, Oldham beat Tranmere 4-1 Both games were in the 35-36 season and at holiday periods; TR v OA - Christmas and the Luton game at Easter.My Dad once told me that following a 8-3 home defeat, Rovers asked the Bus company to reroute, or renumber, the number 83 service from passing Eastville.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, 22A said:

That Tranny v Oldham game; as you'll see was at Christmas. In the return game either the day before or after, Oldham beat Tranmere 4-1 Both games were in the 35-36 season and at holiday periods; TR v OA - Christmas and the Luton game at Easter.My Dad once told me that following a 8-3 home defeat, Rovers asked the Bus company to reroute, or renumber, the number 83 service from passing Eastville.

As opposed to asking for the no83 open top bus tour.......:facepalm:

The Lamb was as dead as usual pre match & there was a huge amount awaiting there big day out at the Bus stop, 2 OAP’s & 3 Neanderthal looking teenagers asking people getting off of the bus if they have a ticket they want to sell & holding a hand full of change.

Cadbury Heath truly is the motherland of the Gas :yes: