IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, JBFC II said:

One of them just told me that the majority of Bristol supports them but they don't want to go down to the mem... 

You can't make it up really... 

They’ve had a higher average attendance than us ONCE in the last 53 years.

So yeah, I’m sure most of Bristol supports them, it’s just that their fans have been boycotting League games for half a century. :blink:

I like your mate’s argument though, he’s basically saying most Gasheads are ‘plastic’ fans who won’t attend a football match unless they can sit in a nice comfy seat...

Idiots.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, JBFC II said:

One of them just told me that the majority of Bristol supports them but they don't want to go down to the mem... 

You can't make it up really... 

Thing is,they can make it up,and more often than not,do.

7 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

So yeah, I’m sure most of Bristol supports them, it’s just that their fans have been boycotting League games for half a century. :blink:

I like your mate’s argument though, he’s basically saying most Gasheads are ‘plastic’ fans who won’t attend a football match unless they can sit in a nice comfy seat...

Idiots.

Before the mem it was "people wont travel to trumpton", before that it was "they don't like going to Eastville". When it was the fire, they said people wouldn't go to Ashton Gate despite our generous offer of the use of the ground. The ground changes but the excuse remains the same.

On 13/04/2018 at 10:09, Tinmans Love Child said:

Thought I’d check out how the evolution is getting on at Rovers:

2016/17 

Finished 10th, 66 points, GF 68, GA 70, GD -2

2017/18

Currently 10th (5 games to play), 55 points, GF 57, GA 61, GD -4

If they win 5/5 they will end on 70 points, which is an evolution of 4 points (or 0.087 points per game).

Looking at their remaining fixtures, I think 7 points would be a more realistic return which would mean they end up on 62 points (a devolution of 0.087 points per game).

Update:

They are currently 11th (4 games to play), 56 points, GF 58, GA 62, GD -4

Last season they finished 10th, 66 points, GF 68, GA 70, GD -2

So 10 points and 10 goals shy of last season #evolution #thesethingstaketime

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Before the mem it was "people wont travel to trumpton", before that it was "they don't like going to Eastville". When it was the fire, they said people wouldn't go to Ashton Gate despite our generous offer of the use of the ground. The ground changes but the excuse remains the same.

Sooner or later I might dawn on them that it’s not the venue that’s the issue..! 

The only consistent thing during the last 40 years is that people don’t want to watch them! 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Update:

They are currently 11th (4 games to play), 56 points, GF 58, GA 62, GD -4

Last season they finished 10th, 66 points, GF 68, GA 70, GD -2

So 10 points and 10 goals shy of last season #evolution #thesethingstaketime

It looks as though it might take time..! 

• Haha 1

On 15/04/2018 at 17:58, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I suppose it’s a bit close to Christmas?

Maybe there was a bike ride somewhere in Bristol yesterday?

I don’t know how they survive on such small crowds...

“The only good shithead is one thats dead”

Charming.

Im sure plenty of ‘shitheads’ wouldn’t be that devastated if ‘Socrates’ forgot to look when crossing the road either.

Didn't that song used to be "when Rovers win and City lose"??

I suppose if they stuck to that criteria they wouldn't get to sing it very often.

Far better to change it to "When Rovers scab a last minute equaliser, and City lose"

18 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I've often said to gAsshole mates of mine, I'd like to see them get a nice shiny new 25K stadium, just to hear the excuses of why, 6 months after it's been built, there are only 9000 rattling around in it.

We all know the novelty would soon wear off for those that don't go now.

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Yep, always excuses.

They’ve got their own ground in the heart of their community, it’s not great but it’s got seated areas, it’s got terracing, their fans are supposed to be ‘real football fans’ not ‘plastic’ yet they still claim thousands stay away due to the facilities.

I dunno about anyone else but I go to football to watch football (I’d actually prefer to stand up like they can). After the UWE collapse they were all over Social Media with their new mantra ‘if they play on the streets, we’ll watch from the pavement’ :rofl2br:

Yeah right, course you would.

How they’ve got the nerve to slag off other clubs support when they’ve got a catchment area of at least 250,000 and yet can’t manage 9k Rovers fans at home or average over 10k for 4 decades is beyond me?

50 minutes ago, glynriley said:

I've often said to gAsshole mates of mine, I'd like to see them get a nice shiny new 25K stadium, just to hear the excuses of why, 6 months after it's been built, there are only 9000 rattling around in it.

We all know the novelty would soon wear off for those that don't go now.

I’ve said before on here that I was looking forward to hearing their excuses when the UWE Stadium was up and running and their crowds were still around the 9/10k mark.

I remember them saying that we would never fill AG unless we were playing the Gas and we’ve proved them wrong several times. Also plenty of 20k+ crowds at AG this season despite the last 4 months of dross but then as always we ‘walk the walk’ whereas they have always just ‘talked the talk’.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Idiots.

Plastic fans deserve plastic seats and they have got plenty!

Just had a gander on slagchat and came across a thread about Bristol Bears, one sag who’s a ‘lifelong’ Bristol rugby supporter, goes on to have a moan about SL and Bristol Sport etc then goes onto say he’s off down the rec to watch Bath :rofl2br:

#loyalandtrue

Edited by BCFC11
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

After the UWE collapse they were all over Social Media with their new mantra ‘if they play on the streets, we’ll watch from the pavement’ :rofl2br:

....and even then they stole that quote from Glasgow Rangers fans as the proud Bears went through their recent demise and subsequent recovery....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Next season they’ll only be good enough to play against Accrington Stanley!..........EXACTLY!

I’m sure there was a manager, about 10? Years ago, of a top team, who publicly said something along the lines of “if they are going to perform like that, then they aren’t even going to get a contract at Bristol Rovers” after a terrible defeat. 

I’m sure I’m not imagining that..?! 

• Thanks 1

• Admin
12 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Just had a gander on slagchat and came across a thread about Bristol Bears, one sag who’s a ‘lifelong’ Bristol rugby supporter, goes on to have a moan about SL and Bristol Sport etc then goes onto say he’s off down the rec to watch Bath :rofl2br:

#loyalandtrue

I saw that post @BCFC11 clearly never been a Bristol supporter - they really do write utter shit on that site