IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

On 17/04/2018 at 10:28, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

After the UWE collapse they were all over Social Media with their new mantra ‘if they play on the streets, we’ll watch from the pavement’ :rofl2br:

Is that where Irene "works"?

My mates wife is attending a course at the Mem today, just had this message along with a picture of the empty stadium:

Friend - Complete Sh*thole

Me - What did I say, what a dump

Friend - In fact, I think I might smell of sh*t later

Me - Bigger crowd than normal

She’s a girl and hates football so completely neutral!

Edited by Tinmans Love Child

3 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

my friend is attending a course at the Mem today, just had this message along with a picture of the empty stadium

A course on what...?!

How to fit Championship ready sprinklers..? 

Or on the possible after effects of an apocalyptic nuclear attack..?

3 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well getting to second place in the top div after being relegated to the bottom tier seems to be a recovery to me...

Admittingly, they are above Partick & Ross County, Celtic are a million miles ahead of the rest and they’re rubbish, I was brought up with the “old firm” being a major European force it’s a shame to see the state of Scottish football nowadays 

1 hour ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

My mates wife is attending a course at the Mem today, just had this message along with a picture of the empty stadium:

Maybe they are coming for us after all. 

Non-matchday revenue will rocket, especially if your friend buys a coffee. 

1 hour ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

It would be the perfect place to run a course on how to Asset strip a lower league football club, before selling its stadium out from under them and walking away laughing.

3 hours ago, harrys said:

Admittingly, they are above Partick & Ross County, Celtic are a million miles ahead of the rest and they’re rubbish, I was brought up with the “old firm” being a major European force it’s a shame to see the state of Scottish football nowadays 

26 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

So you checked the table and just quoted the bottom two clubs....second place is a far way above the bottom two...

Not a fan of Rangers, but to not give them credit for raising themselves through the leagues into 2nd place, just because it's the Scottish Leagues seems a bit churlish. After all they are a Scottish Club, so despite all SKY's hard work, it's the only domestic league they have to rise through.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

So you checked the table and just quoted the bottom two clubs....second place is a far way above the bottom two...

25 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I had no idea they were the bottom two, I found their  names on this Saturday’s betting coupon, could just as easily said the power houses of Hamilton and Motherwell, I caught the highlights of the weekend old firm game and if Rangers are Scotland’s second best team then god help Scottish football

2 minutes ago, cityironman said:

Bristol football, usual story - dumb & dumber!!

Struggling with how 11th in The Championship is in any way comparable with 12th in League One.

Google the guy who scored against us for Hull as a sub today, a regular for Uruguay, cost £12m, scored 30 goals in Italy, the gas have absolutely no idea what our level is like now..

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, myol'man said:

With todays defeat I'm guessing the 18 years gap is guaranteed? MTG

I expect Sunderland to regroup in league 1. With a few, dare I say it, bigger teams than them not looking likely to get out this season the gap could keep on growing. It is more likely to end by us cocking up and getting related than them getting promoted.

27 minutes ago, cityal said:

I expect Sunderland to regroup in league 1. With a few, dare I say it, bigger teams than them not looking likely to get out this season the gap could keep on growing. It is more likely to end by us cocking up and getting related than them getting promoted.

That's what always happens !  Not by them doing good ,but us subsiding !

11 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

How to look a right t-wat in front of your fellow fans.......

IMG_8020.PNG

Their season was over weeks ago because they can’t compete against giants of the game like Rotherham, Scunthorpe and Shrewsbury. As per usual they didn’t give a shit because our results are the only thing they’re really interested in. 

They can laugh about our Premiership ambitions getting put on hold again but at least we’ve got Premiership ambitions. What have they got apart from Pies?

As for ‘Twattgashead’, he’s not the only Sag in history that’s gone off in his pants too soon, it’s a regular thing.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, MC26 said:

From a BBC article on Sunderland's plight. That other lot from north of the river must be finding it strange that they'd mention the biggest teams in League One for comparison. Must be to make the drop look less painful for those poor Sunderland fans...

image.png.2bcf0e9246cb851174f0f7480131fb6b.png

Hilarious, I think the fans of other teams use Rovers in the same breath as other City’s with 2 teams e.g. Notts County, Port Vale, Swindon Supermarine