IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

12 hours ago, MC26 said:

From a BBC article on Sunderland's plight. That other lot from north of the river must be finding it strange that they'd mention the biggest teams in League One for comparison. Must be to make the drop look less painful for those poor Sunderland fans...

image.png.2bcf0e9246cb851174f0f7480131fb6b.png

They are always complaining about not getting national recognition, and here it is their time has come.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Keep everything crossed, they could still go down..! 

Highly unlikely, of course... but more possible than making the play offs..!

...and I seem to remember that it was practically impossible in 2014, as Mansfield got of the team coach and realised that nobody had even bothered packing their teams kit..!

Edited by Bar BS3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Keep everything crossed, they could still go down..! 

Highly unlikely, of course... but more possible than making the play offs..!

...and I seem to remember that it was practically impossible in 2014, as Mansfield got of the team coach and realised that nobody had even bothered packing their teams kit..!

Sorry, not even theoretically possible. Even one fixture between the teams on 47-50 points would scupper your theory and I really can’t be bothered to check. Even if there isn’t one you’re talking about 20-odd results ending up exactly right, not just a couple.

Tinpot;

Plymouth Argyle set to complain about Bristol Rovers over pitch issues in the Central League

Part of the pitch was hired out until 2pm, which was only half an hour before the 2.30pm kick-off. It meant the Pilgrims’ players had to wait around for a while with nowhere to warm up.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/plymouth-argyle-set-complain-bristol-1476658

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bianconeri said:

Sorry, not even theoretically possible. Even one fixture between the teams on 47-50 points would scupper your theory and I really can’t be bothered to check. Even if there isn’t one you’re talking about 20-odd results ending up exactly right, not just a couple.

I know! I wasn’t seriously suggesting that they’d go down..!

Just highlighting that their “play off push” is currently nearer relegation, than the play offs..!  

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I know! I wasn’t seriously suggesting that they’d go down..!

Just highlighting that their “play off push” is currently nearer relegation, than the play offs..!  

Who cares when you have 20 milliion fans worldwide, championship ready sprinklers, clean carpets and curtains and such a lovely man in charge?

5 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Who cares when you have 20 milliion fans worldwide, championship ready sprinklers, clean carpets and curtains and such a lovely man in charge?

Very true. And you are forgetting their seasonal highlights......

.... when City lose..! 

1 hour ago, Cheesleysmate said:

I was in Asda yesterday and saw a 30 something Sag dressed in full kit. I was so tempted to ask him if he was on lunch from McDonalds....but knowing their supporters he would probably have tried to go all Tote End about it so I didn’t bother.

Was up on the Downs last week on a sunny afternoon buying an ice cream by the Sea Walls. Saw a sag with his shirt on looking upstream towards the Suspension Bridge. In the background the Lansdown Stand was glinting in the sunshine. I wondered what his thoughts might be as he stood there on top of the cliff?

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, redysteadygo said:

Was up on the Downs last week on a sunny afternoon buying an ice cream by the Sea Walls. Saw a sag with his shirt on looking upstream towards the Suspension Bridge. In the background the Lansdown Stand was glinting in the sunshine. I wondered what his thoughts might be as he stood there on top of the cliff?

Probably something along the lines of "hmmm how can we scab that stadium for free from those Gert teds"

1 hour ago, redysteadygo said:

Probably “oh look. You can see Trashton from here” just as his mum told him to stop Day dreaming and dribbling Mr Whippy down his chin. To which he probably responded with a punch to her nose and a good feel of her breasts. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Probably “oh look. You can see Trashton from here” just as his mum told him to stop Day dreaming and dribbling Mr Whippy down his chin. To which he probably responded with a punch to her nose and a good feel of her breasts. 

Is his mum a horse? Probably a right old mare!!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I must ask one of my gas acquaintances how many points that would be worth.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

I was in Asda yesterday and saw a 30 something Sag dressed in full kit. I was so tempted to ask him if he was on lunch from McDonalds....but knowing their supporters he would probably have tried to go all Tote End about it so I didn’t bother.

Enough to put you off Asdal for life!

2 hours ago, redysteadygo said:

Hopefully not considering the long jump!

2 hours ago, redysteadygo said:

Probably thinking,I bet the sheed's wish they had a real football ground like us,quickly followed by a lot of thumb sucking and muttering of obscenities under his breath as he dragged his knuckles along the ground,back to his carer.

27 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/12097/diversity

Look out for reference to 'these people' a 'Mr Singh' and of course how if there was ever any instances of racism at the Mem.... (which we all know there have been).

They really are a throwback to more bigoted times.

Who the hell is Mr Singh?

Is he some kind of famous local talent spotter in North Bristol?

1 hour ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Turn into IKEA actually 

Yes, don’t you just hate that...

You’re standing there, pointing and laughing at a Saghead, reminding them about how hilarious it is that they dropped out of the entire League....and they suddenly turn into a massive, blue, Swedish furniture store right in front of your eyes.

9 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Who the hell is Mr Singh?

Is he some kind of famous local talent spotter in North Bristol?

Yes, don’t you just hate that...

You’re standing there, pointing and laughing at a Saghead, reminding them about how hilarious it is that they dropped out of the entire League....and they suddenly turn into a massive, blue, Swedish furniture store right in front of your eyes.

Mr Singh is one of my long standing customers, a very nice man from Kingsdown.

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/12097/diversity

Look out for reference to 'these people' a 'Mr Singh' and of course how if there was ever any instances of racism at the Mem.... (which we all know there have been).

They really are a throwback to more bigoted times.

Christ what a vomit inducing thread that is.

"Scout us some black and minority ethnic players". Kinell.

19 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Maybe be start shopping in Sainsbury’s. Won’t see many of them in there. Wonder why that would be . :ranting::ranting::ranting:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Christ what a vomit inducing thread that is.

"Scout us some black and minority ethnic players". Kinell.

Bless them. Listen to a Rovers fan is like going for Sunday lunch with a bigoted grandparent, who doesn’t quite get it, but is at least trying..! 

Which is kind of ironic, when going to the Mem is kind of like visiting an 80 year old, whose struggling to get themselves out of the 1970’s..! 

• Haha 2