IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

I hear on good authority the the blue few are moving into the 21st century by stopping taking cash on the turnstiles (yes, cash!) and installing a brand new (well, good condition, low mileage second hand) semi-automatic, turnstile ticket scanning system , so that all of the takings actually goes to the club.

Edited by myol'man

56 minutes ago, myol'man said:

I hear on good authority the the blue few are moving into the 21st century by stopping taking cash on the turnstiles (yes, cash!) and installing a brand new (well, good condition, low mileage second hand) semi-automatic, turnstile ticket scanning system , so that all of the takings actually goes to the club.

This announced a few months back. 

They are very excited about it! Well, not those that sell their season ticket books on and claim a replacement, obviously. They are gutted that the club are taking such massive strides towards the year 2005..!

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Bless them. Listen to a Rovers fan is like going for Sunday lunch with a bigoted grandparent, who doesn’t quite get it, but is at least trying..! 

Which is kind of ironic, when going to the Mem is kind of like visiting an 80 year old, whose struggling to get themselves out of the 1970’s..! 

Some very real Alf Garnet’s over there

Anyone follow Michelle Owen from SSN on instagram?

She was covering the Sags game tonight and gave a little insight on behind the scenes on her story, and yes it’s safe to say it’s just as shit as what’s on show, appalling facilities. She had to climb through a SKYLIGHT which had a step ladder attached to it just to get to the gantry! How health and safety haven’t shut that place down yet I’ll never know.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Anyone follow Michelle Owen from SSN on instagram?

She was covering the Sags game tonight and gave a little insight on behind the scenes on her story, and yes it’s safe to say it’s just as shit as what’s on show, appalling facilities. She had to climb through a SKYLIGHT which had a step ladder attached to it just to get to the gantry! How health and safety haven’t shut that place down yet I’ll never know.

Oh to be a step ladder :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 22/04/2018 at 12:04, MC26 said:

From a BBC article on Sunderland's plight. That other lot from north of the river must be finding it strange that they'd mention the biggest teams in League One for comparison. Must be to make the drop look less painful for those poor Sunderland fans...

image.png.2bcf0e9246cb851174f0f7480131fb6b.png

You have the link to that?

4 hours ago, WessexPest said:

Absolutely laughable from the scum. Truly pathetic. They really dodged a bullet not getting that 20,000 stadium; UWE would’ve stood for Undoubtedly Weekly Empty.

Remember Nick Powell going off injured in the away fixture. Really looking forward to seeing him play tonight along with Will Greig, congratulations to Wigan imo definitely the best team BRFC have faced this season.It is a real shame we cannot compete on the same level as the Atics, although support wise we are already premier league. FTG 

Surely he’s not serious. And who is will Greig and who are the Atics . :blink:

Edited by Red Army 75

4 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Remember Nick Powell going off injured in the away fixture. Really looking forward to seeing him play tonight along with Will Greig, congratulations to Wigan imo definitely the best team BRFC have faced this season.It is a real shame we cannot compete on the same level as the Atics, although support wise we are already premier league. FTG 

It’s a small Dutch team dedicated to Anne Frank and her family. Will Greig is there top scorer and has a queue of teams wanting his signature. The likes of Dagenham and Redbridge, York and Barnet :o

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

Rovers ' Legend ' Lee Brown to leave .

Is it just me or have any of you never even heard of him ? 

:rofl2br:

Gerry Francis , Ian Holloway , Bannister and Warboys , Gary Mabbutt , Randall , hall of shame I've heard of .

Shows how important the Gas have been for thirty years .

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-rovers-wembley-team-2015-63714

How many have you heard of? Me? Only two.

One is a City fan and the other plays for us now  :laughcont:

Edited by myol'man
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Sorry, this might be a massive whooosh moment but did one of them actually claim that ‘support wise’ they are already Premier League after having less than 8k home fans for a League 1 match?

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Sorry, this might be a massive whooosh moment but did one of them actually claim that ‘support wise’ they are already Premier League after having less than 8k home fans for a League 1 match?

If you compare them to Wimbledon & Bournemouth, then I suppose they aren’t too far off..! 

6 hours ago, MC26 said:

Haha - that’s gold! They are a universal euphemism for s****....

When Rangers were ailing under Paul Le Guen about 12 years ago Nacho Novo thanked their chairman for telling the Ibrox players that if they didn’t buck up their ideas they would end up playing for the Gash:-

https://rangers.vitalfootball.co.uk/novo-thanks-rangers-chairman/

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

57 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

Haha - that’s gold! They are a universal euphemism for s****....

When Rangers were ailing under Paul Le Guen about 12 years ago Nacho Novo thanked their chairman for telling the Ibrox players that if they didn’t buck up their ideas they would end up playing for the Gash:-

https://rangers.vitalfootball.co.uk/novo-thanks-rangers-chairman/

I guess with only 92 English teams to choose from, that was quite an easy choice to make...

• Like 1

In the spirit of co-operation with our neighbours I thought I should share this revenue raising tip thought up by the owner of North Ferriby United.

North Ferriby United’s owner says he is looking into using the football club’s ground as a travellers’ site to boost revenue.

Jamie Waltham, who bought the club late last year, claims the move could generate £2,461 a week, with the ground cleared for match days.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/football/travellers-site-north-ferriby-ground-1483382

Come on Wael, you know it makes sense.  £125k a year buys a lot of plastic chairs.

So, they slipped into the bottom half of the table last night, less than 8000 home fans turned up to watch top of the table opposition and the “striker” the great Darrell Clarke spunked £250k on in the summer made his 37th League appearance of the season (1 goal).

They now cannot match either last seasons points tally or finishing position.

Reckon any of this will feature in The Post?

• Like 2