IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

43 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

In the spirit of co-operation with our neighbours I thought I should share this revenue raising tip thought up by the owner of North Ferriby United.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/football/travellers-site-north-ferriby-ground-1483382

Come on Wael, you know it makes sense.  £125k a year buys a lot of plastic chairs.

In under 3 years you would get a full Tilson.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Rovers ' Legend ' Lee Brown to leave .

Is it just me or have any of you never even heard of him ? 

:rofl2br:

Gerry Francis , Ian Holloway , Bannister and Warboys , Gary Mabbutt , Randall , hall of shame I've heard of .

Shows how important the Gas have been for thirty years .

Like wise Major. I had to google him (heard he likes that). Evidently he's been with them for seven seasons and made 318 appearances, Sadly four of those seasons were in the fourth tier of English football, one season was spent outside the English league system and the last two, at level three of the English league system. So, it's no wonder people haven't heard of him, But, to them, he's a "Legend".

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Anyone follow Michelle Owen from SSN on instagram?

She was covering the Sags game tonight and gave a little insight on behind the scenes on her story, and yes it’s safe to say it’s just as shit as what’s on show, appalling facilities. She had to climb through a SKYLIGHT which had a step ladder attached to it just to get to the gantry! How health and safety haven’t shut that place down yet I’ll never know.

Health and safety haven't shut it down yet

as it been redeemed unsafe to send some body there to check it 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Rich said:

Like wise Major. I had to google him (heard he likes that). Evidently he's been with them for seven seasons and made 318 appearances, Sadly four of those seasons were in the fourth tier of English football, one season was spent outside the English league system and the last two, at level three of the English league system. So, it's no wonder people haven't heard of him, But, to them, he's a "Legend".

I don’t think the ‘level’ matters so much Rich, I think it’s what a person actually does for the club....eg one of my biggest City heroes will always be Terry Cooper for his management....yet he only managed us in the bottom two divisions....but he’s an undoubted Bristol City legend....

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rich said:

To be perfectly honest , other than the one whose name we no longer speak of, I really struggle to name more than 3 or 4 City players and I certainly wouldn't recognise them.

Lee Brown has been a solid, decent player for us who chose to stay with us when we dropped out of the league and also scored a last minute winner to get us promotion which led to one of the best night's drinking I've ever had!

I was at the player of the year awards last night (which you will be delighted to hear was held in a big tent) and it was clear that he has a real affection for the club, football needs more players like him who 'get' what being a fan is.

Edited by Miah Dennehy
  • Like 10
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

To be perfectly honest , other than the one whose name we no longer speak of, I really struggle to name more than 3 or 4ayers and I certainly wouldn't recognise them.

Lee Brown has been a solid, decent player for us who chose to stay with us when we dropped out of the league and also scored a last minute winner to get us promotion which led to one of the best night's drinking I've ever had!

I was at the player of the year awards last night (which you will be delighted to hear was held in a big tent) and it was clear that he has a real affection for the club, football needs more players like him who 'get' what being a fan is.

It’s a shame he didn’t try to improve himself but rather sit pretty playing at the worst ground in the league ( didn’t one fan describe it as Chernobyl?) still, I suppose there is a lot to be said about playing in front of the best fans in the world 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rich said:

Surely he has to be legendary for stomaching being there for that long.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, harrys said:

It’s a shame he didn’t try to improve himself but rather sit pretty playing at the worst ground in the league ( didn’t one fan describe it as Chernobyl?) still, I suppose there is a lot to be said about playing in front of the best fans in the world 

well I guess half your squad are going to **** off and better themselves in the summer aren't they:robbored:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Rich said:

Tinpot. Even being quoted in the same breath as Accrington Stanley as shit places for Sunderland to visit next season.....and they still talk about themselves as a big club.

Incidentally, a friend has recently had a baby and the first picture was of the baby forced into a Sag clown costume. I’ve reported the incident to Social Services.

• Like 1

• Admin
11 minutes ago, Hello said:

well I guess half your squad are going to **** off and better themselves in the summer aren't they:robbored:

That's what happens when you actually have any amounts of quality in your line up - clearly only Matty Taylor was good enough to "step up" ? :sub:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Hello said:

A few might, don't know about half.

I do know we'll get more than 300K for our 'prized assets' though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Hello said:

Quite possibly, we have plenty of players who are able to better themselves, you only stick your players on 1 year contracts then whinge when they get sold for peanuts 

29 minutes ago, Hello said:

Does it count as fishing when our policy is to buy cheap, improve & sale for a profit, and we execute it well?

• Like 2

15 hours ago, GrahamC said:

So, they slipped into the bottom half of the table last night, less than 8000 home fans turned up to watch top of the table opposition and the “striker” the great Darrell Clarke spunked £250k on in the summer made his 37th League appearance of the season (1 goal).

They now cannot match either last seasons points tally or finishing position.

Reckon any of this will feature in The Post?

from Forum

"I think a special mention should go to our fans on Tuesday night, the support we gave Nichols in particular was absolutely class given how he has disappointed this season.

Positive support like that can only help whatever you think of a player. I can't imagine that happening down the road for one minute and made me proud to be a gashead".

3 minutes ago, Super said:

from Forum

"I think a special mention should go to our fans on Tuesday night, the support we gave Nichols in particular was absolutely class given how he has disappointed this season.

Positive support like that can only help whatever you think of a player. I can't imagine that happening down the road for one minute and made me proud to be a gashead".

They must’ve been pretty negative to him for the rest of the season then, 1 goal in 37 :clapping:

Edited by Unan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Super said:

from Forum

At least he had plenty of room to be 'proud'. It's a pity that the rest of their blue hordes couldn't be bothered to actually turn up! 'Premier league fans' my arse, they're not even close to Championship fans, less than 8,000 home supporters against the best team in the league? 

Deluded as usual and getting even better at self congratulation.

Edited by Ska Junkie

53 minutes ago, Super said:

from Forum

They do realise that the 8000 of them would fit in just one of our stands with room to spare don’t they. It would be like the Lansdown cheering and the rest of us all quiet. Wow, just the notion that they think that is wonderful baffles me. 

59 minutes ago, Super said:

from Forum

Yeah, because they never get on their own players backs do they?...and there’s us (apparently) constantly hurling abuse at ours.

Utterly deluded idiots. They’re no better than anyone else and a quick look at their forum on match days prove this. 

Put that with the ‘Premier League fanbase’ comment from yesterday and you can see why we laugh at them so much. I doubt there’s a set of fans in the entire country who are more up their own arses than the wanky Sags. 

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan

16 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

In the spirit of co-operation with our neighbours I thought I should share this revenue raising tip thought up by the owner of North Ferriby United.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/football/travellers-site-north-ferriby-ground-1483382

Come on Wael, you know it makes sense.  £125k a year buys a lot of plastic chairs.

What self respecting diddy would want the Clampetts for neighbours?

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

If only you had players good enough to move on to better things :read:

Matt Taylor, Billy Bodin. Who is the next transfer window’s big cash cow? Or are they going to splash out and spend some of the money they got for them first? ;) (Really need a flying pig emoji)

9 minutes ago, RedM said:

Matt Taylor, Billy Bodin. Who is the next transfer window’s big cash cow? Or are they going to splash out and spend some of the money they got for them first? ;) (Really need a flying pig emoji)

I'll edit my post a little for you :)

29 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

If only you had players left, good enough to move on to better things :read:

:whistle: 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, RedM said:

Apparently their development team have won something. They overlook that most clubs tend to develop their youth players by loaning them out so they experience senior football rather than some boys league.

On this day in 1986 a massive 3,576 Sags (and 20,000 locked out) turned up to watch their last ever match as Eastvile Squatters. En masse they piled into the IKEA end and paid a massive 50p for their programme which had a picture of them unsurprisingly scoring against “The Shit” on the front. (Not at all obsessed with us are they?) Massive Club.

5868504C-963B-48B2-9787-7904848BF7D6.jpeg

Edited by Cheesleysmate
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Cheesleysmate said:

On this day in 1986 a massive 3,576 Sags (and 20,000 locked out) turned up to watch their last ever match as Eastvile Squatters. En masse they piled into the IKEA end and paid a massive 50p for their programme which had a picture of them unsurprisingly scoring against “The Shit” on the front. Massive Club.

5868504C-963B-48B2-9787-7904848BF7D6.jpeg

I'd have a fair bit more respect for them if thy referred to themselves as the pirates rather than a foul smelling invisible mass of particles.