IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

I'd have a fair bit more respect for them if thy referred to themselves as the pirates rather than a foul smelling invisible mass of particles.

Or “The Squatters” which is what they have been for the majority of their life as a football league club. 

21 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

On this day in 1986 a massive 3,576 Sags (and 20,000 locked out) turned up to watch their last ever match as Eastvile Squatters. En masse they piled into the IKEA end and paid a massive 50p for their programme which had a picture of them unsurprisingly scoring against “The Shit” on the front. (Not at all obsessed with us are they?) Massive Club.

5868504C-963B-48B2-9787-7904848BF7D6.jpeg

Loyal, prowed and true.

1 hour ago, Super said:

from Forum

"I think a special mention should go to our fans on Tuesday night, the support we gave Nichols in particular was absolutely class given how he has disappointed this season.

Positive support like that can only help whatever you think of a player. I can't imagine that happening down the road for one minute and made me proud to be a gashead".

What was it the media said, '£775M may buy you titles but can never buy support like Bristol city'. :)

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

On this day in 1986 a massive 3,576 Sags (and 20,000 locked out) turned up to watch their last ever match as Eastvile Squatters. En masse they piled into the IKEA end and paid a massive 50p for their programme which had a picture of them unsurprisingly scoring against “The Shit” on the front. (Not at all obsessed with us are they?) Massive Club.

5868504C-963B-48B2-9787-7904848BF7D6.jpeg

They also made a video. I have a few photos from the original footage.....

D71EDA27-D3A6-464F-A71C-3CBE65048129.png

8AE1BE1B-D955-4A80-A1D0-86935E7D0B7E.png

97E675D1-55D1-4E0A-8C16-4667760C42EA.png

Edited by Cheesleysmate
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

To be perfectly honest , other than the one whose name we no longer speak of, I really struggle to name more than 3 or 4 City players and I certainly wouldn't recognise them.

Really?

Apart from the obvious one, you honestly wouldn’t know Bobby Reid, Joe Bryan, Aden Flint, Marlon Pack, Korey Smith or Frankie Fielding, then?

All of those have done 5 years or more with us.

I get some of the others, (Eliasson, for instance) but including Taylor that is 7 I would be genuinely amazed if you didn’t know.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Sinclair (Tramp)

Ellis (One of our Own)

Nichols (Fraud)

Broom (U21 lad)

4, quite surprised I managed that many to be honest!

Never heard of the last two. There might be a Lines from memory?

edit - I guess Nichols is the striker they paid about 0.75 Tilsons for that never scored or something?

Edited by richwwtk

20 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Really?

Apart from the obvious one, you honestly wouldn’t know Bobby Reid, Joe Bryan, Aden Flint, Marlon Pack, Korey Smith or Frankie Fielding, then?

I get some of the others, (Eliasson, for instance) but including Taylor that is 7 I would be genuinely amazed if you didn’t know.

Agreed, and as Miah has over 1500 posts over that 5 year period I'd be amazed if he didn't know those names.

It seems to be trendy now to say you can't name the other teams players. Whilst I couldn't give you the whole team, I reckon I could name half a dozen just based on names you hear on Soccer Saturday or the one's we take the piss out of n here!!

4 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

To be perfectly honest , other than the one whose name we no longer speak of, I really struggle to name more than 3 or 4 City players and I certainly wouldn't recognise them.

Lee Brown has been a solid, decent player for us who chose to stay with us when we dropped out of the league and also scored a last minute winner to get us promotion which led to one of the best night's drinking I've ever had!

I was at the player of the year awards last night (which you will be delighted to hear was held in a big tent) and it was clear that he has a real affection for the club, football needs more players like him who 'get' what being a fan is.

How come he’s leaving now then, if he such a true blue? 

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Apparently their development team have won something. They overlook that most clubs tend to develop their youth players by loaning them out so they experience senior football rather than some boys league.

There were only 5 teams in it

Capture.JPG

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, RedM said:

They do realise that the 8000 of them would fit in just one of our stands with room to spare don’t they. It would be like the Lansdown cheering and the rest of us all quiet. Wow, just the notion that they think that is wonderful baffles me. 

That figure would also include ST seats not being used, so I wonder how many were actually there?

7,500 ish?

2 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Yeah, because they never get on their own players backs do they?...and there’s us (apparently) constantly hurling abuse at ours.

Utterly deluded idiots. They’re no better than anyone else and a quick look at their forum on match days prove this. 

Put that with the ‘Premier League fanbase’ comment from yesterday and you can see why we laugh at them so much. I doubt there’s a set of fans in the entire country who are more up their own arses than the wanky Sags. 

I agree with the majority of your posts, as usual you always convey matters in a precise and informative nature, but I have to wag a finger and slightly correct you here [for once]

You are of course forgetting the sags' six fingered cousins, Swindon with their successful season in the premier league and three month long seasonal calendars surely they are more than a match when it comes to "fudge nudging"

• Like 1

Lines

Harrison

The tramp (didn't know his name was Sinclair until today).

Erm, uuummm, some old bloke from Millwall, that's genuinely it! 

I could probably name a fair few of their 1990 side though which shows just how totally irrelevant they are nowadays. 

Martyn, Alexander, Vaughan, GT, Tilson?, Mehew, Purnell?, Penrice, Hollo- *******-way, White, that Billy Ocean bloke ?. That's really quite worrying! :shocking:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Swede said:

I agree with the majority of your posts, as usual you always convey matters in a precise and informative nature, but I have to wag a finger and slightly correct you here [for once]

You are of course forgetting the sags' six fingered cousins, Swindon with their successful season in the premier league and three month long seasonal calendars surely they are more than a match when it comes to "fudge nudging"

Appreciated.

The thing I would say about Swindon though...yes, the fans are brain dead idiots and, like the Sags, they have demonstrated in the past a hilarious knack of celebrating way too early only to then suffer humiliation.

However, without having much contact with Swindon fans I don’t know if they’re  partial to the constant cringy ‘wowaren’t we amazing?’ shit that Gasheads come out with when they get a home crowd of 8k or 400+ for an away match?

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 1

So, their support is utterly awesome, while ours is crap?

1 Bradford City   19,817
2 Portsmouth   17,907
3 Blackburn Rovers   12,173
4 Charlton Athletic   11,584
5 Plymouth Argyle   10,276
6 Milton Keynes Dons   9,185
7 Wigan Athletic   8,996
8 Bristol Rovers   8,897

1 Aston Villa   31,658
2 Leeds United   31,593
3 Wolverhampton Wanderers   28,229
4 Sunderland   27,597
5 Derby County   27,016
6 Sheffield United   26,775
7 Sheffield Wednesday   25,895
8 Norwich City   25,735
9 Middlesbrough   25,404
10 Nottingham Forest   24,678
11 Bristol City   20,818
12 Birmingham City   20,668

Yeah, right! They don't let facts get in the way of an old fashioned self congratulate do they? :drunk2:

Edited by Ska Junkie

3 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Apparently their development team have won something. They overlook that most clubs tend to develop their youth players by loaning them out so they experience senior football rather than some boys league.

Quick, get the bus out of the garage...!!

gas.jpeg.3736bc59b9780989222ab52e2a578270.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, richwwtk said:

Never heard of the last two. There might be a Lines from memory?

edit - I guess Nichols is the striker they paid about 0.75 Tilsons for that never scored or something?

That's the fella. I was quite disappointed when they signed him, thought he was quite good. Thankfully I've been proven to be totally wrong once again! :thumbsup:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Really?

Of course they know our team, they’ve spent many evenings this season watching us on Sky Sports. 

Fammy and Baker were also big money signings that received a lot of local media attention Pre season.

I still think the record signing of Famara Diedhiou and the attention that received prompted Henbury Gas the following day to come out with his utter bullshit about a disabled bloke getting beaten up in AG. A kind of ‘well their club might have money but we’re better people than them horrible shitheads’ type yarn that was lapped up by most of the gullible  idiots on that forum.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan

6 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I still think the record signing of Famara Diedhiou and the attention that received prompted Henbury Gas the following day to come out with his utter bullshit about a disabled bloke getting beaten up in AG. A kind of ‘well their club might have money but we’re better people than them horrible shitheads’ type yarn that was lapped up by most of the gullible  idiots on that forum.

Funny how the twerp never backed it up when offered the opportunity eh? What a loser! The low life is a pathological liar, probably sits in his mothers spare room at 40 years of age in his pants playing on his Atari from the 1980's thinking what new drivel he can make up about Bristol's premier football club. He probably doesn't even bother to watch the shower of shit in BS7.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Funny how the twerp never backed it up when offered the opportunity eh? What a loser! The low life is a pathological liar, probably sits in his mothers spare room at 40 years of age in his pants playing on his Atari from the 1980's thinking what new drivel he can make up about Bristol's premier football club. He probably doesn't even bother to watch the shower of shit in BS7.

Judging by their attendances, no-one does.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

He was good. So good that he was dragged down to their level quicker than anyone imagined.

Think the Mem could probably turn Pele in to Bas Savage, Jairzinho in to Ali Dia and Zico in to Ryan Kent.

• Like 1

• Admin
37 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

So, their support is utterly awesome, while ours is crap?

1 Bradford City   19,817
2 Portsmouth   17,907
3 Blackburn Rovers   12,173
4 Charlton Athletic   11,584
5 Plymouth Argyle   10,276
6 Milton Keynes Dons   9,185
7 Wigan Athletic   8,996
8 Bristol Rovers   8,897

1 Aston Villa   31,658
2 Leeds United   31,593
3 Wolverhampton Wanderers   28,229
4 Sunderland   27,597
5 Derby County   27,016
6 Sheffield United   26,775
7 Sheffield Wednesday   25,895
8 Norwich City   25,735
9 Middlesbrough   25,404
10 Nottingham Forest   24,678
11 Bristol City   20,818
12 Birmingham City   20,668

Yeah, right! They don't let facts get in the way of an old fashioned self congratulate do they? :drunk2:

Just think if they played at AG8 they would only need the Lansdown Stand 

• Like 2