IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

10 minutes ago, phantom said:

Just think if they played at AG8 they would only need the Lansdown Stand 

That is mental to think about. The Lansdown Stand can't be far off the capacity of the Mem full stop can it?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

That is mental to think about. The Lansdown Stand can't be far off the capacity of the Mem full stop can it?

Memorial 'stadium' capacity - 12,011 including 3,000 seats.

Lansdown stand capacity - ~11,000 including ~11,000 seats ;)

Not much in it and our 1 stand would be far higher if they had to go all-seater. even at 2 to 1 (I think it's more like 3 to 1), their capacity would be down to 8,506. ((12011-3000) / 2) +3000= 8,506. 

Yes, our 1 stand is bigger than their entire 'ground' :)

Edited by Ska Junkie

2 hours ago, Swede said:

I could name;

Lines [because he went off and bettered himself at the likes of Port Vale]

Harrison [because he's a City fan]

The tramp [only because his picture appears on here quite a lot]

oh and Colin Daniel who wore their kit once!

Once was enough...

20 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Memorial 'stadium' capacity - 12,011 including 3,000 seats.

Lansdown stand capacity - ~11,000 including ~11,000 seats ;)

Not much in it and our 1 stand would be far higher if they had to go all-seater. even at 2 to 1 (I think it's more like 3 to 1), their capacity would be down to 8,506. ((12011-3000) / 2) +3000= 8,506. 

Yes, our 1 stand is bigger than their entire 'ground' :)

Their crowd on Tuesday night would have almost filled the South Stand and Atyeo Stand if played at Ashton Gate. That also includes Wigan fans.

The Lansdown and Dolman Stands would have seen 17,314 empty seats.

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

Funny how the twerp never backed it up when offered the opportunity eh? What a loser! The low life is a pathological liar, probably sits in his mothers spare room at 40 years of age in his pants playing on his Atari from the 1980's thinking what new drivel he can make up about Bristol's premier football club. He probably doesn't even bother to watch the shower of shit in BS7.

Tim, I reckon you might know him, his identity was revealed on here at the time he came out with his little story! If I was to say CJ Computers, do you know the guy that owns that establishment?

4 minutes ago, BS15_RED said:

Tim, I reckon you might know him, his identity was revealed on here at the time he came out with his little story! If I was to say CJ Computers, do you know the guy that owns that establishment?

Thankfully not JP! 

I see one of theirs realises there really Is only OTIB.

'Our fans are always fantastic. We are the envy of a lot of clubs, especially with our away following. 

Really proud to be a Gashead. There is only ever one sensible choice when you are from Bristol.'

That sensible choice being Ashton Gate and Bristol's far bigger and more successful club. It's a total no-brainer to be fair yet their 'self congratulation' knows no bounds. Why on earth would anyone follow that shower of crap rather than us?

Edited by Ska Junkie

10 minutes ago, BS15_RED said:

This CJ Computers with a webpage a child would be embarrassed by?

http://www.cjcomputing.com

And as for the use of capital letters... 

13 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Or give them the dolman. And they can finally have a few locked out . Mickey Mouse bandits 

Piss off! I don't want some filthy methane snorting piece of crap sitting in my seat! 

They would just stand there, bewildered by this red thing that hinges up and down and have no idea what to do with it. To be fair, it's probably better than the box they sit on at home! As for what they would make of the concourses?? :nono:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Piss off! I don't want some filthy methane snorting piece of crap sitting in my seat! 

They would just stand there, bewildered by this red thing that hinges up and down and have no idea what to do with it. To be fair, it's probably better than the box they sit on at home! As for what they would make of the concourses?? :nono:

Well at least they might stay to the end. :ph34r:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Really?

Apart from the obvious one, you honestly wouldn’t know Bobby Reid, Joe Bryan, Aden Flint, Marlon Pack, Korey Smith or Frankie Fielding, then?

All of those have done 5 years or more with us.

I get some of the others, (Eliasson, for instance) but including Taylor that is 7 I would be genuinely amazed if you didn’t know.

Now you write the names yes I recognise them, but if you put me on the spot and asked me in a pub I think I would have named Reid, Flint and Fielding. Ask me a City side from the 70s and I would probably get the lot!

3 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Funny how the twerp never backed it up when offered the opportunity eh? What a loser! The low life is a pathological liar, probably sits in his mothers spare room at 40 years of age in his pants playing on his Atari from the 1980's thinking what new drivel he can make up about Bristol's premier football club. He probably doesn't even bother to watch the shower of shit in BS7.

Is "playing on his Atari" a euphimism?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

On this day in 1986 a massive 3,576 Sags (and 20,000 locked out) turned up to watch their last ever match as Eastvile Squatters. En masse they piled into the IKEA end and paid a massive 50p for their programme which had a picture of them unsurprisingly scoring against “The Shit” on the front. (Not at all obsessed with us are they?) Massive Club.

5868504C-963B-48B2-9787-7904848BF7D6.jpeg

During my lifetime you have always been the better supported club. However, football was right in the doldrums in the mid 80s and attendances were pretty shite for every club in comparison to today . I just checked and City's previous home game against Swansea was watched by 6013. Yes our attendance was shit, but it was a lot closer to City attendances then than it is now!

1 minute ago, Miah Dennehy said:

During my lifetime you have always been the better supported club. However, football was right in the doldrums in the mid 80s and attendances were pretty shite for every club in comparison to today . I just checked and City's previous home game against Swansea was watched by 6013. Yes our attendance was shit, but it was a lot closer to City attendances then than it is now!

Yes, but it was the last ever match at your gas infused scrapyard.

2 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Yes, then you had just over half our average support and now you have less than half our average support.

21 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I don’t think the ‘level’ matters so much Rich, I think it’s what a person actually does for the club....eg one of my biggest City heroes will always be Terry Cooper for his management....yet he only managed us in the bottom two divisions....but he’s an undoubted Bristol City legend....

I agree about it being what you've done for your club. My reference was to his time spent in the lower leagues, with less media attention, so less chance of him being known.

As for legends, while with that pile of shyte, he managed to be a part of a team that won two promotions, was also part of a team that was relegated and, spent four years staying in the same division. So, he's in credit to being one part of a promotion team, hardly the stuff of legends. Then you compare him to Terry Cooper, who played for us in the first division of the English league, managed us in the fourth tier while gaining promotion and, managed in the third tier and, took us to our first ever Wembley final, winning our first trophy. At the time, a marvelous achievement, given the restrictions placed on his management, = Legend. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Rich said:

I agree about it being what you've done for your club. My reference was to his time spent in the lower leagues, with less media attention, so less chance of him being known.

As for legends, while with that pile of shyte, he managed to be a part of a team that won two promotions, was also part of a team that was relegated and, spent four years staying in the same division. So, he's in credit to being one part of a promotion team, hardly the stuff of legends. Then you compare him to Terry Cooper, who played for us in the first division of the English league, managed us in the fourth tier while gaining promotion and, managed in the third tier and, took us to our first ever Wembley final, winning our first trophy. At the time, a marvelous achievement, given the restrictions placed on his management, = Legend. 

I didn’t compare him to Terry Cooper....although I’m not sure you meant that?! In my opinion Terry Cooper will always be one of the biggest legends in Bristol City’s history - not for his 11 appearances for us in the top tier, but for his incredible stint as manager...he kept us going in incredibly challenging times....and his achievements will always mean so much to me, as will that 4th division team....I loved ‘em all...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I didn’t compare him to Terry Cooper....although I’m not sure you meant that?! In my opinion Terry Cooper will always be one of the biggest legends in Bristol City’s history - not for his 11 appearances for us in the top tier, but for his incredible stint as manager...he kept us going in incredibly challenging times....and his achievements will always mean so much to me, as will that 4th division team....I loved ‘em all...

You're correct, I meant to say their respective achievements.

• Like 1