IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

After Bradford’s draw tonight they cannot finish higher than 12th now, which is two places lower than they did last season.

Cannot get more than a maximum of 61 points now, which is 5 fewer than they got last season.

Bet their friends at The Post don’t mention that they are going backwards under Clarke and their Walter Mitty owner.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, bobby kellard was go said:

Look at all our more recent average gates in league one,mostly they are 11-12k  but hey it dosnt fit the script so lets pretend it wasnt what it actually was.

You're not very bright are you? Perhaps you've never been to Ashton Gate? 

17 minutes ago, Unan said:

We sold out the large majority of our games in L1, we had half a ground..

Well quite. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, bobby kellard was go said:

Look at all our more recent average gates in league one,mostly they are 11-12k  but hey it dosnt fit the script so lets pretend it wasnt what it actually was.

When the blue few were in the equivalent of the league we're in now they were averaging 6k home fans a season. Guess that doesn't fit your script that they're brilliantly supported then.. :yawn:

28 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

After Bradford’s draw tonight they cannot finish higher than 12th now, which is two places lower than they did last season.

Cannot get more than a maximum of 61 points now, which is 5 fewer than they got last season.

Bet their friends at The Post don’t mention that they are going backwards under Clarke and their Walter Mitty owner.

Lets face it for them that's another ground breaking season, just out of non league, tent for stands, pants owners, fans who never bother to show up for games.. I could go on..

Just 29 points behind the European might of Shrewsbury Town, lodged between footballing giants of Scunthorpe and Blackpool, another fantastic season for the glorified caravan club.. :clap::clap:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, bobby kellard was go said:

We've only had 2 seasons in L1 in the last 12 years.

13/14 we averaged 11900 despite spending most of the season in or around the bottom 4 scraping draws at home with teams like Shrewsbury, Colchester and Leyton Orient. Do you remember that season? 

14/15 AG was undergoing major redevelopment work that limited the capacity. We averaged 12000 in a season which saw many games sold out to home fans. 

I know it doesn't fit your 'script' but Rovers have failed to average over 10k for the last 4 decades. Our crowds may not be great at times but they're always better than the Gas, no matter what they or you think. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, BRIAN WILSON said:

In reference to another tent going up, a damn funny comment of Asschat By 'Gasshole'

"The Mems beginning to look like a fckn Jamboree.For those who don't know, its a large gathering of Boy Scouts and paedophiles"

So, on a Matchday the Mem looks like a large gathering of Boy Scouts and Paedos according to that Gashead?

Interesting way to describe your fellow fans :blink:

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan

6 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Don't be so darn negative man; you can still get promotion. Come on Preston, you can do it me babbers.

Derby are bottlers but just can't see them losing at home to Barnsley, regardless of their relegation scrap.

7 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Rovers have failed to average over 10k for the last 4 decades. Our crowds may not be great at times but they're always better than the Gas, no matter what they or you think. 

Let’s not forget that the last time they scraped over 10k average it was largely thanks to 20k of us who pitched up at Ikeaville as we chased promotion. Without that bonus attendance the average would have been nearer 9k.

• Like 1

Slightly off topic,but I was wondering if that hero of theirs ,Lee Brown,has paid his car tax yet and had the wheel clamp removed,before he scarpers off to pastures new.

One of our deluded rose tinted spec brigades created a “City Promotion Party” on Facebook for May 6th after we beat Man United. Total knee jerk reaction that has come back to bite hard on the arse.

The group is open and most of the Tote Enders have signed up.

27 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

One of our deluded rose tinted spec brigades created a “City Promotion Party” on Facebook for May 6th after we beat Man United. Total knee jerk reaction that has come back to bite hard on the arse.

This may have been used on some of the previous pages, forgive me if I don't scroll through to check, but.... .

Schadenfreude (/ˈʃɑːdənfrɔɪdə/; German:[ˈʃaːdn̩ˌfʁɔʏ̯də] (About this sound listen); lit. 'harm-joy') is the experience of pleasure, joy, or self-satisfaction that comes from learning of or witnessing the troubles, failures, or humiliation of another

• Like 1

Blimey, they are still banging on about today's date. Yes , i was there, but it was 28 years ago FFS!  :grr:

ps we were also promoted so it wasn't such a great night for the few after all!

Edited by myol'man

4 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Blimey, they are still banging on about today's date. Yes , i was there, but it was 28 years ago FFS!  :grr:

Don't worry....... it wont be long before you can celebrate their greatest day..... 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Seen it and said “Yes....2001 Basement Rovers. Looking forward to tomorrow though for even bigger celebrations!”

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

This may have been used on some of the previous pages, forgive me if I don't scroll through to check, but.... .

Schadenfreude (/ˈʃɑːdənfrɔɪdə/; German:[ˈʃaːdn̩ˌfʁɔʏ̯də] (About this sound listen); lit. 'harm-joy') is the experience of pleasure, joy, or self-satisfaction that comes from learning of or witnessing the troubles, failures, or humiliation of another

It was just a shame that it was created by a City fan who got carried away far too early. Must only have been about 12 as anyone who has supported this club for decades will know that we are serial chokers.

18 minutes ago, phantom said:

A more recent and more relevant 2nd May they may want to remind themselves of. . . 

image.png

Exactly....but still the dopey ******* say “Happy 2nd May”....I’m inclined to agree.

Still, come 28th October GAP will reach voting age and will be able to tear up Gloucester Road in a souped up Nova.

Edited by Cheesleysmate
  • Like 1

• Admin
33 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Still, come 28th October GAP will reach voting age and will be able to tear up Gloucester Road in a souped up Nova.

Just think there is a whole generation of supporters living off this nonsense, that have never actually seen them above us !

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, phantom said:

Just think there is a whole generation of supporters living off this nonsense, that have never actually seen them above us !

And thousands banging on about 1982 with absolutely no recollection of anything earlier than the 1990s. Talk about scraping the ******* barrel?!!!!!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

What a dumb thing to do, just begging to have it thrown back in their face at a later date......bit like celebrating staying up and making grand predictions for the following season before hilariously falling out of the entire League a week later.

• Haha 3

That Glorious day is almost upon us, The proud warriors of Mansfield. Far from resplendant in borrowed clown outfits, came forth to repel the unclean unto the darkness of the Vanarama. Praise be upon Saint Colin of Daniel. Amen

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

What a dumb thing to do, just begging to have it thrown back in their face at a later date......bit like celebrating staying up and making grand predictions for the following season before hilariously falling out of the entire League a week later.

Isn’t it just?! Just when you poke fun at them for being just a bunch of obsessed and deluded pillocks a happy clapper breaks rank and goes all overboard about our form after just 20 odd games and a pointless cup run in a competition that we are never likely to win whilst in the Championship anyway?!!!

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Tomorrow is even better.

Happy Colin Daniel day!

SIR Colin Daniel i’ll have you know!

16 minutes ago, DANWRENBCFC4LIFE said:

I remember running around the house screaming and laughing at the result 

Me too. It was the only thing left at the time that they had over us that carried any credibility, in the fact that they had never been in the bottom tier.....mind you they passed that with gusto in 2014 and oh how we will celebrate again in just a few hours (incidentally making their 2nd of May even more insignificant than it already was).

I remember my neighbour destroying his recently purchased season ticket raffle book stating that he would not go to watch them again until they were out of the basement. **** me, I saw the *** on the pictures of their open top bus tour for coming second in the Vanarama mind....He obviously couldn’t wait what he thought would be an eternity for them to get back to League One. Fortunately for him he didn’t have to wait too long although he has probably forgotten all about his statement and is likely to offer me out in a KFC if I pointed it out to him. ******* victim!

Edited by Cheesleysmate
  • Haha 1