IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

On 02/05/2018 at 15:31, bert tann said:

Someone should ask what Mr Karim Mardam-Bey does at Bristol Rovers' £ 250 000 pa London office.

My guess would be scouring the capital with the begging bowl in hand desperately trying to seek investment. The New tent won’t pay for itself.

9 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

As it's you CM. Yer tiz!

Love Jeff’s commentary ‘they could of been 4 up but they haven’t taken their chances and they maaaaaaayyyyyy pay for it with their football league status’ :rofl2br::rofl2br:

FTG

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Love Jeff’s commentary ‘they could of been 4 up but they haven’t taken their chances and they maaaaaaayyyyyy pay for it with their football league status’ :rofl2br::rofl2br:

FTG

I know. Never ever get bored of it. Have to pinch myself just to believe that it actually happened and how hilarious it was.

The highest Rovers can finish this season is 12th. It’s 22 years since we finished lower than 12th in the 3rd tier. 

The lowest they can finish is 15th. It’s 36 years since we finished lower than that. 

Mind The Gap..! 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, old parkender said:

The best thing that’s happened to them

foreign based owners??? What a weird bunch they are. 

A2275F1B-943D-4193-81E5-3828578F10EA.png

5AC954B6-14D2-4E69-A1E1-91FC067DE1DA.png

Yeah, they really looked like they were celebrating on May 3rd 2014. :rofl2br:

It might have made them take a step back and re-evaluate things (like any club after a relegation) but that doesn’t stop it being massively embarrassing for them and very entertaining for us. They’re no further forward now than they were under Higgs in 2007 even with new (supposedly wealthy) owners who, lets face it, appear to have done very little. 

Not sure what ‘Mancgas’ is trying to say in his response as he’s either thick or does not have English as his first language?

As I’ve mentioned before about the the whole ‘franchise’ thing...only one Bristol club has left Bristol in the past to play in a different City and only one Bristol club has recently made plans to leave Bristol again.

Franchise Gas.

• Like 1

I saw something equally hilarious on Twitter last night. The gashead is clearly trying to insinuate that we are obsessed with them.

Look at the dates on these tweets, he has either: 

1. Had a City fans tweet saved on his phone for 5 years or,
2. Scrolled back 5 years through a City fans timeline to try and find some mention of their existence. 

If that's not obsession, I have absolutely no idea what is. 

20180504_103119.thumb.jpg.9cec827d03ad9ab5acc70e275dc1067a.jpg

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Only #gaslogic would say that getting relegated out the entire football league would be a good thing. :facepalm:

Excuse me. I need no #geologic to know that when they were relegated out of the entire football league, it was a good thing.

Of course, according to them they never actually left the football league, participating instead in the newly formed fifth tier.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Only #gaslogic would say that getting relegated out the entire football league would be a good thing. :facepalm:

You are looking at it all wrong!

By taking a break from league footballfor a season, they have managed to re-evaluate the structure of their club, stand by their messiah of a manager (even being accepting of his fondness of canine genitalia), enjoy a period of “unpresidented success” (remember that claim..?!) and drag themselves back into a league position which is lower than where they were in 1990...! 

Only gas logic will tell you that it’s been a good thing and without understanding that, you’ll be pleased to know that you don’t qualify as a ***..! 

Despite what’s been a disappointing second half of the season, should we win on Sunday and finish 7th in the 2nd tier, it would be higher than Rovers have finished, apart from 2 occasions in the 1950’s (6th place), EVER! 

Mind The Gap..! 

• Like 1

On 28/04/2018 at 03:03, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Feng phooey prank cons the Rovers

A football club was caught offside when it fell for a feng shui scam at the hands of television pranksters.

Guy de Beaujeu and Patrick Stockhausen persuaded Bristol Rovers officials they could enhance the club's results by such devices as installing a fish tank containing plastic fish behind the goal and ordering staff to make sure all toilet seats were down at all times.

Their other requirements included erecting an ornamental ceramic frog above the stadium entrance, placing potted house plants in all four corners of the players' dressing room, and hanging wind chimes around the stadium.

Gullible staff carried out all the recommendations made by the "experts in the ancient Chinese art" in an effort to beat second division rivals Gillingham. But the mumbo jumbo failed to create the right aura - and Rovers lost 1-0.

Yesterday Mr De Beaujeu, 32, said: "They fell for it, hook, line and sinker. They did everything we asked without question."

Mr De Beaujeu and Mr Stockhausen, who are based in Bristol, staged the stunt for a comedy series, The Gatecrashers, which they filmed last year for ITV2.

One of their producers telephoned Bristol Rovers and told the club they were making a documentary about the power of feng shui.

The ancient art is believed to balance one's surroundings and induce general well-being.

Rovers agreed to let the pair into their Memorial Ground stadium in the hope that this might boost the team's performance.

The duo duly arrived with a cameraman two hours before the kick-off of Rovers' tie against Gillingham, armed with bags of supposed feng shui paraphernalia.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2000/jan/20/newsstory.sport1

Laugh at Feng Shui at your peril . When our Chinese overlords arrive Ashton Gate will be turned North South and we will be obliged to play in red .

:yes:

2 hours ago, old parkender said:

I’m sure if we got relegated to non-league they wouldn’t laugh and would say something like ‘it’s the best thing that could happen for you, I’m actually gutted it’s happened cause I want the worst for you’ hmmmmmm

12 hours ago, old parkender said:

Do these clowns really believe this shite?

Trying to put positive spin on non league disaster. 

DF71D469-319C-4EFB-BBA2-7C49F70CC1E4.png

The same York City who dropped out the league, came back, did fairly well then slid down into the murky depths of the Conference North? Looking forward to seeing the Blue few do the same soon ;) 

3 hours ago, old parkender said:

I am sure the good British citizens of Guernsey love being described as "foreign". MancGas must be one of those people who think they collaborated with the Germans rather than being invaded and subjected to Nazi rule for four years. :nono: