IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

5 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

No argument mate just came out of an uncharacteristic moment. Club wont lower itself just yet I suspect.

Of course mate, it’s just the insinuation from that cretin Henbury Gas that us City fans would stand idly by and let something as utterly disgusting happen without intervening that pisses me right off. 

I’m fed right up of them trying to take some imaginary morale high ground all the time. I know delusion is in the makeup of the average Sag, but this is beyond a joke.

It’s time Henbury Gas put up, or was shut up. Before this I’ve delivered to his shop, if I had to do so again, job or no job, I’d confront him about this.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BS15_RED said:

Of course mate, it’s just the insinuation from that cretin Henbury Gas that us City fans would stand idly by and let something as utterly disgusting happen without intervening that pisses me right off. 

I’m fed right up of them trying to take some imaginary morale high ground all the time. I know delusion is in the makeup of the average Sag, but this is beyond a joke.

It’s time Henbury Gas put up, or was shut up. Before this I’ve delivered to his shop, if I had to do so again, job or no job, I’d confront him about this.

Agree but short of Wicker Man (original) treatment he will carry on. Wouldnt have happened in bygone years and probably just as well.

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

Well I reckon hembery gas need about 17’ pizzas 15 Kabab season 64 taxis and 132 call girls ordered to his shop

the giant lady garden

Definitely wouldn't recommend. When I was about 15 I ordered a tiny £60 of pizza to a friends house as a laugh and Dominoes actually got the police involved and tried to do me for it :fear:

• Haha 1

Wow. Gobsmacked by the response.

I have no intention to lie?

I’ll be honest, I have no proof, I’m just reiterating what he said. He’s severely autistic and could be making stuff up but as a decent human being I’ve gotta take his claim serious. 

You cant seriously think that their isn’t 1 bad apple amongst the city fans? 

At the end of the day, nothings gonna happen about it now. 

What is fact is a vulnerable fan has switched cos he’s very scared of something that happened. 

I believe him, that doesn’t mean anyone else has to. 

48 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Agree but short of Wicker Man (original) treatment he will carry on. Wouldnt have happened in bygone years and probably just as well.

I’ve been saying about this guy having an issue, but I have to admit, I don’t know what this henbury gas claimed happen. 

What did he say the story was?

38 minutes ago, Jcolebristol said:

I’ll be honest, I have no proof, I’m just reiterating what he said. He’s severely autistic and could be making stuff up but as a decent human being I’ve gotta take his claim serious. 

What is fact is a vulnerable fan has switched cos he’s very scared of something that happened. 

Nobody is saying you are lying. 

People are just amazed by the fact that a disabled man was assaulted inside a football stadium that is laden with cctv cameras, none of them picked up the assault and none of the 22000 people in attendance witnessed it. 

Furthermore, when asked by the police/club for proof of the incident none has been given.

Nobody is saying you are lying, it's just astonishing that something like this has gone completely unnoticed

Edited by JBFC II

36 minutes ago, Jcolebristol said:

Pretty much echoing what JBFC has said, but innocent til proven guilty imv.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

In his defence, he could easily be on holiday daored. :dunno:

Nobody at the club seems remotely interested in defending their club against these lies which is really sad IMHO. 

Before Matt became SLO Adam B did that job, or something similar.

He did confirm that nothing was ever reported to the club and, IIRC (which I might not), said there was nothing on CCTV.

This was over 6 months ago and the rumour should have died then, but the inventor of it continues to perpetuate it.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

To be fair, I think it’s only the few dozen regular contributors to this thread plus the five or six members of Slagchat who actually know anything about this story. No doubt it would be different if HG was telling his exaggerated stories in the Sun or on their favourite program, Points West.

The club have confirmed no reports of a serious assault at the match in question, same with the Police and nothing on CCTV. That’s all anyone needs to know.

Sad Sags trying to score points by making things up. 

435A4A04-55BF-4B7A-ACDE-21EE5AE5F466.jpeg

Yes, better at having more incidents of racial abuse in one season then football clubs have had in 30 years. Bra-vo. 

On ‎01‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 18:33, pongo88 said:

From their forum 5 hours ago:

“The lady in the shop said there is a shit sponsor for next season, but wouldn't say who's shit it is, which is fair enough.. She also said the 2 new "stands" would be growing up later in the summer, apparently they come prefabricated with sprouts and take no time to boil.

So there you have it, slow but tangible menu ingredients which can only be good news.”

Why, oh why, did Steve Lansdown waste years and £50m on redeveloping Ashton Gate when he could have spent his time and money following through and eating Rovers’ prefabricated sprouts? 

It was confirmed by Miah I think, that HG enjoys winding people up on the internet.

Well he's having a fine time with this one.

If the club, BS and the Police don't think it's worth bothering with why are we?

Just ignore it and it will go away.

9 hours ago, Jcolebristol said:

I’ve been saying about this guy having an issue, but I have to admit, I don’t know what this henbury gas claimed happen. 

What did he say the story was?

HG’s version of events was that the victim got into a disagreement with someone over a seat.

If he’d left it at that I’d have believed it. Some people have disabilities that are not obvious just by looking at them however any confrontation can be very distressing. This could easily have happened.

Henbury Gas then went on to claim that this guy you know was “duffed up” (his words) and had teeth knocked out, no one stepped in to help him and no one from the thousands of people in the area reported it to the stewards, club or Police. Apparently we all just stood by and let him get his head kicked in.

As a result of the incident your mate (who’s “not all there” according to Henbury Gas) refused to leave the house. 

If you didn’t know what Henbury Gas was saying, why did you claim it wasn’t bullshit?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Jcolebristol said:

Scared of something that actually happened or scared of what Henbury Gas claimed would happen if he, a vulnerable man, kept visiting AG on his own after the loss of his father?

You have to remember that according to Gasheads we spend the entire match spitting at each other and starting fights, not like those loveable Sags who are well know for being the most welcoming, friendly fans on the Planet.

It all becomes clear...

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 1

Given that the enormous wealth of the Rovers' owners comprises shares in a Jordanian bank this is probably relevant; just think back and remember what happened to UK bank shares in 2008: RBS went from 6000 in 2006 to 121 in 2009.

Protests in Jordan against tax rises and austerity measures - the biggest demonstrations in years - continued for a third consecutive night.

Police fired tear gas and blocked roads in the capital Amman to stop protesters getting close to the cabinet office.

The protesters say a new tax bill backed by the International Monetary Fund (IMF) will hurt the poor and middle class.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-44345136

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Given that the enormous wealth of the Rovers' owners comprises shares in a Jordanian bank this is probably relevant; just think back and remember what happened to UK bank shares in 2008: RBS went from 6000 in 2006 to 121 in 2009.

Protests in Jordan against tax rises and austerity measures - the biggest demonstrations in years - continued for a third consecutive night.

Police fired tear gas and blocked roads in the capital Amman to stop protesters getting close to the cabinet office.

The protesters say a new tax bill backed by the International Monetary Fund (IMF) will hurt the poor and middle class.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-44345136

I wouldn't be surprised if supporters of Bristol City were behind these disturbances.

Has anyone seen Kid in a Riot lately ?

• Haha 5

21 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

He continues to peddle this story which is really annoying.

I totally agree that he has overstepped the mark and should get a 'visit' from the local constabulary either to quantify his story, be advised to drop his lies or face the force of the law. It's gone too far now and he's bringing it all on himself. I can't imagine the club are too happy at all either.

I fully support BRIAN WILSON's request. @JulieH, is there anything that can be done? Surely as it's extremely provocative, something can be done?

From the details I have seen there appears to have been no criminal offence committed with regard to the postings on the forum, however our police service does fully commit to full investigation of any allegation that is received.

i would ask that anyone who has details of the offended fan in question to dm me his details . I can then speak to him personally. 

More than happy to do this in the close season, makes a change from World Cup reports and passport surrender ! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

On 01/06/2018 at 23:53, Jcolebristol said:

It’s not bullshit. I know the guy as will anyone living in the Westbury area. He’s a seriously vulnerable guy who is frightened of causing a scene. We offered to take it up with the club on his behalf but he’d rather not because he’s petrified of confrontation so he’s gone to watch the gas instead.

A sad story and the guy is clearly shook up about what happened, but he seems to have found happiness going up the mem.

Now I know this is really made up , the only people who find happiness at the Mem are the away team as they leave with 3 points .

• Like 1