IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

On ‎06‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 19:35, BCFC11 said:

‘Da Famous quarterz’ anyone would think they invented the f’ing jester suits that they trot out to every week. Can’t complain though every club is jealous of their ‘unique’ shirts :facepalm:

the ones made from boiler suit offcuts from monsoon workwear in Clevedon ??

Well - this is interesting if true...

Comment from a Mod  (Peter Parker) on Gaschat - it would seem tipping point has been reached, with debts exceeding assets....

Topper Gas Avatar
Pretty sure they are offsetting all their expenditure against the Mem value (which before some smart arse points it out I know they own it, I know), you do have to wonder what happens once the expenditure exceeds the value. Do they carry on spending well beyond our annual income or look for an escape route?

Is this season just one massive final push for promotion, a bit like Villa have just tried, or is their some sound business plan to eventually trying to break even on an annual basis, as I can't see selling a few extra pints and replica shirts is the answer.

Well they have already increased the credit facility beyond any secured funds

Did he just compare them to villa? 

The same aston villa who get 30k fans every week, have players who they've bought for over 10 mill littered in their team, have a midfielder who is wanted by spurs for 30 mill plus, have just released the ex England captain and champions league winner John Terry... 

The delusion haha

1 minute ago, JBFC II said:

Did he just compare them to villa? 

The same aston villa who get 30k fans every week, have players who they've bought for over 10 mill littered in their team, have a midfielder who is wanted by spurs for 30 mill plus, have just released the ex England captain and champions league winner John Terry... 

The delusion haha

Yeah, and...?! 

Have you not seen the influx of free transfer activity..?!

I wonder what the average cost of their first team squad has been..? Seriously, can it actually work out at much more than about £50-70k average..?! 

And their new 341 capacity tent is based on the design of the Holte End you know..! 

24 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Yeah, and...?! 

I wonder what the average cost of their first team squad has been..? Seriously, can it actually work out at much more than about £50-70k average..?! 

And their new 341 capacity tent is based on the design of the Holte End you know..! 

... and called the Holtent.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

I find it amazing that you have 2 or 3 people on that site warning of finacial problems, the same problems most people outside the club can see that there is something wrong, no UWE, no Training Ground, low cost redevelopment of the Mem and of course "it takes time".
Yet all they get is shouted down by everyone else even accused of being "Teds". Do none of them actually stop and think maybe there is some truth in their warnings and actually do some research themselves.
Talk about a fanbase with their heads in the sand.

I think we should have a new name for them now, "the Ostriches" 

"A massive push for promotion"???

Who have they got in and what have they spent? They are doing up a bar and.......got a 340 seater tent in. Yet want to be compared to Villa whos promotion push spending was probably around £50+ million. Yep, I can see the similarities.

52 minutes ago, cidercity said:
I find it amazing that you have 2 or 3 people on that site warning of finacial problems, the same problems most people outside the club can see that there is something wrong, no UWE, no Training Ground, low cost redevelopment of the Mem and of course "it takes time".
Yet all they get is shouted down by everyone else even accused of being "Teds". Do none of them actually stop and think maybe there is some truth in their warnings and actually do some research themselves.
Talk about a fanbase with their heads in the sand.

I think we should have a new name for them now, "the Ostriches" 

Add to that the budget basement recruitment and it is a bit of a shambles over there.

Nothing wrong with recruiting cheap and then selling players on for a fortune, but they seem to be buying cheap and then hoping their manager can turn them in to a player who can get by in League One. 

They got money for Snake and Bodin, but no sign that this gives them a competitive budget.

And still they refuse to organise themselves in to a force that can question the owners.

On 08/06/2018 at 19:47, Spoons said:

Not sure we are in any position to take the piss when it comes to club shops!!

Probably the only thing which really let's down our redevelopment of Ashton gate! 

Yes we can, its in a porta cabin and now will be in a broom cupboard, our shop is still about a million times better

49 minutes ago, wood_red said:

"A massive push for promotion"???

Who have they got in and what have they spent? They are doing up a bar and.......got a 340 seater tent in. Yet want to be compared to Villa whos promotion push spending was probably around £50+ million. Yep, I can see the similarities.

a massive fan base deserves it, they took 90k to wembely for the conference play off final mind

10 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Yes we can, its in a porta cabin and now will be in a broom cupboard, our shop is still about a million times better

a massive fan base deserves it, they took 90k to wembely for the conference play off final mind

If you listen to the deluded fewers where I live they are “As big as City”, “One of the biggest clubs in League One”, In fact they are “Too big for League One”, their fan base is “Huge”, but some have just become a bit disillusioned, have lost interest a bit and, “Don’t bother to go down anymore”, but they still “Hate the ******* shit”. Their away support is one of the “Best in the land” and they believe that they are the “envy of a lot of other clubs”, all of which “Hate the shit” and have a “Soft spot for Rovers” as Rovers are a “Proper club”, unlike the “Franchise Shit”. Dean Windass is still their biggest legend. It used to be Ricky Lambert, but he went to Southampton and didn’t mention the Rovers as being one of his former clubs that helped his career to get him recognised to play for England. Didn’t stop them masturbating over him when he played and scored for England, but it severely dampened his legend status. FTG FTS!

Edited by Cheesleysmate
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

15 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

If you listen to the deluded fewers where I live they are “As big as City”, “One of the biggest clubs in League One”, In fact they are “Too big for League One”, their fan base is “Huge”, but some have just become a bit disillusioned, have lost interest a bit and, “Don’t bother to go down anymore”, but they still “Hate the ******* shit”. Their away support is one of the “Best in the land” and they believe that they are the “envy of a lot of other clubs”, all of which “Hate the shit” and have a “Soft spot for Rovers” as Rovers are a “Proper club”, unlike the “Franchise Shit”. Dean Windass is still their biggest legend. It used to be Ricky Lambert, but he went to Southampton and didn’t mention the Rovers as being one of his former clubs that helped his career to get him recognised to play for England. Didn’t stop them masturbating over him when he played and scored for England, but it severely dampened his legend status. FTG FTS!

A good shrink could make a career out of those muppets, It think it may be a variation on short man syndrome.

3 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Yeah, and...?! 

That's true, one of their main strikers has just been linked with a 70k move to the mighty Salford City as well, God they are massive

19 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

That's true, one of their main strikers has just been linked with a 70k move to the mighty Salford City as well, God they are massive

At least Salford City feel able to pay transfer fees....unlike the rich ones (rich with humour for us, at least)

LeeBrown.thumb.jpg.c61bc839ca590fce70c7abf833d1c234.jpg

Pompey have agreed a deal for left-back Lee Brown.
The 27-year-old has signed a two-year contract with the Blues.
Brown arrives from League One rivals Bristol Rovers after turning down a new deal at the Memorial Stadium.
The England C international made 319 appearances for the Gas over the past seven campaigns, scoring 22 goals.
The defender remained with Rovers when they were relegated to the National League in 2014, before helping his side achieve back-to-back promotions to League One.

• Haha 6

9 minutes ago, myol'man said:

I'm afraid to ask what Bondax is! :shocking:

ffffff.JPG

A manchester band/ group etc (I had to google). I am assuming that Rovers are trying to recreate the Glastonbury experience where their fans can wade through a field of mud and watch the show from tents 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4