IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

Bristol Rovers sign Theo Widdrington - the son of their head of recruitment

:mafia:

Didn’t they sign some Jordanian player last summer, who couldn’t even get a game for them..?!

Makes sense now, it was probably some love child of Wael’s and he was trying to get better value out of his maintenance payments..! 

54 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Now you know why they call us The Family Club!

I thought that had more to do with the incestuous activity.

28 minutes ago, David Brent said:

Receiving £10M for your top scorer is soul destroying, apparently. Well they should know.

And they’ve the nerve to question how we’ll spend that money but won’t question their owner who obviously pocketed the £10M.

Or £300k in their case.

1 hour ago, David Brent said:

I checked what had happened to prompt this sudden burst of optimism...they had just signed a 31 year old winger from Shrewsbury Town

This is a bit worrying. Why are players moving to them from bigger more stable clubs like Shrewsbury?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I’m not sure, but notably, they are not pitches being constructed, with a stadium around them..! :laughcont:

The final part of the UWE 20-20? So Steve West got his sports facilities to complete the project! Not a white patio chair or tent to be seen. Meanwhile on Friday night I nearly choked on my Thatcher whist being told that the same Steve West was still in ongoing double secret discussions with the Jordanian Billionaire. Only a matter of time I was told. Only a matter of 30 million I replied.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well our manager signed his son in 2006 .......

He'd had good reports to be fair, from his brother, Lee's Uncle.

That went well, according to the whole support base.

Edited by Rich
correction
  • Haha 1

On 01/07/2018 at 10:10, pommers65 said:

Not sure if this link has been posted before...But more comedy gold
http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/12403/mass-exodus-gate

getting our pants pulled down by selling three players for £20M. Pure comedy that.

The sad life of a sag. They are green with envy, they are desperately trying to find any positive from their sad and miserable existance so they try and ridicule us which makes them look even more pathetic

1 hour ago, Swede said:

getting our pants pulled down by selling three players for £20M. Pure comedy that.

The sad life of a sag. They are green with envy, they are desperately trying to find any positive from their sad and miserable existance so they try and ridicule us which makes them look even more pathetic

Loved the bit where one of them said there getting 17 million for two players, we would replace our entire squad 17 times for that!!

Oldslag showing some of that humble, down to Earth attitude that they tell us makes Gasheads loved and admired throughout the football World. :laughcont:

Look at him boasting about their poxy 8k home crowds as if that’s something to be proud of, laughable. 

What those boneheads forget is that Rovers have got a catchment area of over 250k. They should be filling their tiny stadium every week, especially as they’re apparently so ******* loyal...

How many people live in Shrewsbury? 60k?

Shrews are better supported.

DDC8ABFE-F7E8-4A24-B21D-4EEF17335382.jpeg

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Oldslag showing some of that humble, down to Earth attitude that they tell us makes Gasheads loved and admired throughout the football World. :laughcont:

Look at him boasting about their poxy 8k home crowds as if that’s something to be proud of, laughable. 

What those boneheads forget is that Rovers have got a catchment area of over 250k. They should be filling their tiny stadium every week, especially as they’re apparently so ******* loyal...

together with henbury  gas this belter oldgas gotta be the most twisted of those ***** love to know to know who he/she is...

3 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

That's incredible! back to back promotions and they never "sold out" their ground. His maths (like many a gashead) seems to be off too. Rovers were a creditable 8th in the average attendances last season averaging around 8900, this is not "double" little Shrewsburys gates of 6200.

Anyway to boast that the size of the club is what attracted a 31 year old lower/non-league journeyman, is quite frankly the most desperate example of papering over the cracks.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Swede said:

Its about time we had a picture of the latest dud, tramp or traveller by the obligatory cheap garden furniture to sign for the sags to laugh at, isn't it. 

They are currently looking for investors, to cover the cost of new batteries for their camera. 

As soon as this can be funded, there will be a press release. 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

That's incredible! back to back promotions and they never "sold out" their ground. His maths (like many a gashead) seems to be off too. Rovers were a creditable 8th in the average attendances last season averaging around 8900, this is not "double" little Shrewsburys gates of 6200.

Anyway to boast that the size of the club is what attracted a 31 year old lower/non-league journeyman, is quite frankly the most desperate example of papering over the cracks.

His post also suggests that he thinks double of 5000 is somewhere between 8-9000.

But then again, we all know how good they are with numbers.

1 hour ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

image.png.f34768e7aa30682c37ebbd4fe6cf3b6a.png

I'm going to leave this here. Sorry the amounts paid are in euro. 

It’s not so much the amounts, as the dates..!! 

We laughed at signing their best player for a paltry £300k. They haven’t paid that for a player since the turn of the Millenium..!!

Edited by Bar BS3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Bristol Rovers fans played a huge part in convincing Alex Rodman to join the Gas

Gas' new winger gives his first interview

He told the club's site : "I'm absolutely delighted now and can't wait to get ready.

Rodman says one of the biggest attractions was playing in front of the Gas ' fans.

"The fan base here is one of the main attractions.

I remember playing here years ago in a night game on a Friday night and the place was absolutely rocking. There was boob cricket, racial abuse, horse punching, burning City shirts, spitting, attacking their own stewards, punching opposing players in the back of the net, pitch invasions, multiple arrests and more banning orders than you could shake a stick at.”

"It's somewhere I've always managed to do quite well at, as Rovers have been dogshit for many years now. Someone reminded me that they have been below City for almost 18 years now!  I think someone mentioned the goal scoring record I've had against Bristol Rovers, which is quite good.

"Hopefully I can do that for Bristol Rovers but playing against them at the ground over the years, the atmosphere has been toxic and hopefully we can replicate the success I had with Shrewsbury last year and the place will be rocking this year, unless the fake sheikhs make a significant investment in the ramshackled tented commune”.

Edited by Cheesleysmate
  • Like 2
  • Haha 14