IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

I genuinely think that this will be Dopey's last season at R*vers.

He is apparently a talented coach and he must be getting sick and tired of the lack of investment, so come the first wave of sackings in the autumn and I think he'll jump at the chance of a decent League 1 club with a bit of cash to splash.  :gasmask:

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, myol'man said:

He is apparently a talented coach and he must be getting sick and tired of the lack of investment, so come the first wave of sackings in the autumn and I think he'll jump at the chance of a decent League club with a bit of cash to splash.  :gasmask:

Fixed

• Like 2

1 hour ago, myol'man said:

He is apparently a talented coach and he must be getting sick and tired of the lack of investment, so come the first wave of sackings in the autumn and I think he'll jump at the chance of a decent League 1 club with a bit of cash to splash.  :gasmask:

You have to wonder if he regrets not taking the Leeds role when he had the chance. Granted Leeds were something of a bonkers club back then, but if he had done well he'd be set now.

But working for a club with no money might well leave some chairmen wondering if he would be able to motivate already wealthy players. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

But working for a club with no money might well leave some chairmen wondering if he would be able to motivate already wealthy players. 

He struggles to motivate those that are barely on minimum wage..! 

1 hour ago, myol'man said:

Think you could be right.

He has just got his Pro licence so would certainly be in the frame if he applied for League one jobs, might get considered for lower end Championship jobs if Rovers have a half decent start.

Dopey would need to go somewhere where he will be given time to get what team he wants, and tbf he has done well all things considered with the sags. He may also know that the manager merry go round could well be a big risk to move elsewhere and be under some pressure from the off. Along with a managerial career being a bit longer than a players, I guess he is just in a job where he is comfortable and nobody really questions him at all. But he won't be stepping up I doubt where he is and surely could get a position elsewhere, even he knows now he has been told a pack of lies by Wally et al, and knows he has to get players on free transfers. If he has any ambition he wouldn't be there now I guess.

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

They’ve finally smashed their transfer record. On a striker from st mirren . Who has done his research and said about their massive follow.

Oh sorry they didn’t pay **** all for him 

Keep reading that he has signed for them in preference to Sunderland, but does anyone seriously believe that he would be in BS7 now if they were really interested?

Sunderland have his ex-manager, a proper support, fantastic ground, it is much nearer to Scotland, I just don’t see it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Keep reading that he has signed for them in preference to Sunderland, but does anyone seriously believe that he would be in BS7 now if they were really interested?

Sunderland have his ex-manager, a proper support, fantastic ground, it is much nearer to Scotland, I just don’t see it.

Exactly this, the only reason anyone would sign for them is because there is no other offer on the table

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Would you like to sign for Sunderland.

No way . Bristol Rovers are in for me . There support is amazing. Bye 

Is the same when wally took over . Something along the lines of. Ye growing up in Jordan I remember Bristol Rovers well.

Its all bullshit to keep the deluded few happy 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sergio Georgini said:

I seem to remember a few dimwits laughing at us for signing a player from Ipswich.. they've just signed a 31 year old from Shrewsbury and a player from Havent and Waterlooville. Worth a grand total of £0.00.

The gift.

You are forgetting the signing on bonus...an out of date packet of crisps and a plastic patio set.

Edited by chucky
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Oldslag showing some of that humble, down to Earth attitude that they tell us makes Gasheads loved and admired throughout the football World. :laughcont:

Look at him boasting about their poxy 8k home crowds as if that’s something to be proud of, laughable. 

What those boneheads forget is that Rovers have got a catchment area of over 250k. They should be filling their tiny stadium every week, especially as they’re apparently so ******* loyal...

How many people live in Shrewsbury? 60k?

Shrews are better supported.

DDC8ABFE-F7E8-4A24-B21D-4EEF17335382.jpeg

15ers average attendance: 8933

Shrewsbury average attendance: 6249

http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attn/aveeng.htm

As Danny Baker says, the Gas just can’t help lying.

4 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Understatement there Cheese. Rovers were below City in the league for most of the 20th century too.  I have tried to graph it a few times and the gap averages one division.

Would they really have the bollocks to query the exact length of time..?!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JBFC II said:

The delusion gets worse... 

Screenshot_20180704-074215.png

it got us a rebuilt ground a new training facility players leaving for 5 million and up, international recognition, a cat 2 academy a pathway from youth teams to the first team, two promotions a play-off final a major cup semi final, a minor cup a league and cup double

yea nothing really whats spending nowt got them? santas grotto, relegated to the conference playing a team who wore your own kit, and some second hand lawn chairs from ebay  and international ridicule 

Edited by Monkeh
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

14 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Another belter from the Post, bless' em , describing the easiest task in World football.

Darrell Clarke fighting off interest in Bristol Rovers players

The problem is that Lidl are offering better wages, and they have said sinclair can sleep in their bins. How can the sags compete with that.

• Haha 6

4 hours ago, JBFC II said:

The delusion gets worse... 

Screenshot_20180704-074215.png

They now need medical assistance. That is an extraordinary statement to make. Even their most deluded fans must see the improvements that money has brought..? I know they can't bring themselves to do it but just stand outside the stadium....jeez, it's obvious!!

Still.....the gift still gives, so bring on more delusion!! :dancing6:

• Like 1

Yes your eyes do decieve you, you fool.

We have to pay Scunthorpe compensation because he is under 24 and they offered him a new deal, but as he was out of contract he was a "free agent".

Plus the reason we take the piss is the fact that almost every transfer you make is a free, because you haven't a pot to piss in, and your record transfer was someone you signed last millennium.

IMG_1443.PNG

Edited by JamesBCFC
  • Like 1