IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

58 minutes ago, Markred said:

A lot of gasheads I work with are laughing at the fact they got a fee for Harrison, said he wasn’t prolific at all, I don’t think he’s anywhere near there best player 

Are they really?

They’re a smart bunch aren’t they...

Gasheads I know seem pretty pissed off that they’ve only got £700k for him. Still, I’m sure Rovers have got loads of prolific strikers amongst their ranks capable of banging in 20 goals this season.

Out of interest who is their best player?

Is it the fisherman?

So, 700k in the bank, time to break that transfer record then.

At some point some poor sod is going to be announced as their record signing for a paltry 400k or similar.

Mind the gap or perhaps careful of the chasm might be more apt as modern football continues to move upwards beyond their reach.

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Are they really?

They’re a smart bunch aren’t they...

Gasheads I know seem pretty pissed off that they’ve only got £700k for him. Still, I’m sure Rovers have got loads of prolific strikers amongst their ranks capable of banging in 20 goals this season.

Out of interest who is their best player?

Is it the fisherman?

Better than 300k though isn't it :laughcont:

16 hours ago, redcityman said:
journeyman
[ˈdʒəːnɪmən]

NOUN
  1. a worker or sports player who is reliable but not outstanding.
    "a solid journeyman professional"
    synonyms: artisan · craftsperson · tradesman · tradesperson · 
  2. historical
    a trained worker who is employed by someone else.
    "a journeyman carpenter" · 
    synonyms: employee · member of staff · working man · 

Which means he more than capable for life in the championship, thats good enough for me.

Paid by the day (journée).

3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I don't know why but, listening to radio reports this morning about Bath Rugby releasing details of their new stadium, I had a vision of vultures in blue and white quarters sat on the fence as it is being built. :)

I would love it if they moved to bath and shared their ground. Would be the end of Bristol Rovers. They would surely change their name to Bath Rovers. Please let this happen. Be funnier than NLBR . 

• Admin
4 minutes ago, hail gus cesaer said:

They didn’t change it last time they moved to bath!

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

I would love it if they moved to bath and shared their ground. Would be the end of Bristol Rovers. They would surely change their name to Bath Rovers. Please let this happen. Be funnier than NLBR . 

Was going to say the same thing - I suppose Bristol Bears is just before the rugby change to Bristol City too?

On 24/07/2018 at 09:18, steviestevieneville said:

They did own it and harry dolman advised them not to sell it when they were struggling. They didn’t listen then years down the line the rent went up and the pikeys were evicted. Ever since , been going around with a begging bowl and blaming everyone else for their plight. Also the reason they tried to get Ashton gate on the cheap. Vile vile club. 

Yep - spot on....and remember the constant bleating when they had to share with Bath City - “we are sooo poor, we have to train at a chocolate factory...blah blah blah” - and constantly  revelling in the ‘ragbag rovers’ victim status - “we are sooo hard done by” - yet only three thousand of their ‘unique, loved all over the world’ fans turned up for the last game at their spiritual home - which is now resplendent in the colours of Tesco (the sags even stole their carrier bag design for their kits!) and Ikea...always want everyone to think they are hard done by - but they sold a plethora of strikers for very good money at the time (Penrice, Hayles, Ellington, Roberts, Stewart, Cureton, Lambert...etc) and replaced them with £100k strikers from lower divisions in Scotland (Martin Cameron from Alloa) - they received big transfer fees (relatively speaking) and paid peanuts for replacements...so where did that cash go?! And quite frankly, who cares?! (Credit: Barry Davies)

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep - spot on....and remember the constant bleating when they had to share with Bath City - “we are sooo poor, we have to train at a chocolate factory...blah blah blah” - and constantly  revelling in the ‘ragbag rovers’ victim status - “we are sooo hard done by” - yet only three thousand of their ‘unique, loved all over the world’ fans turned up for the last game at their spiritual home - which is now resplendent in the colours of Tesco (the sags even stole their carrier bag design for their kits!) and Ikea...always want everyone to think they are hard done by - but they sold a plethora of strikers for very good money at the time (Penrice, Hayles, Ellington, Roberts, Stewart, Cureton, Lambert...etc) and replaced them with £100k strikers from lower divisions in Scotland (Martin Cameron from Alloa) - they received big transfer fees (relatively speaking) and paid peanuts for replacements...so where did that cash go?! And quite frankly, who cares?! (Credit: Barry Davies)

I don't want to say as I don't want to speak ill of the dead

14 hours ago, Markred said:

A lot of gasheads I work with are laughing at the fact they got a fee for Harrison, said he wasn’t prolific at all, I don’t think he’s anywhere near there best player 

Laughing at the fact they got a fee for a player...?! 

Soon they might realise that generally, in most cases, that is how football works..!

What they should be concerning themselves with is that its yet another of their “Better players” leaving for relative peanuts. At least in Harrison’s case it’s more like half a bag of peanuts, rather than the usual couple of peanuts from down the back of the sofa..! 

4 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Laughing at the fact they got a fee for a player...?! 

Soon they might realise that generally, in most cases, that is how football works..!

What they should be concerning themselves with is that its yet another of their “Better players” leaving for relative peanuts. At least in Harrison’s case it’s more like half a bag of peanuts, rather than the usual couple of peanuts from down the back of the sofa..! 

So Gas currency has now changed from a Tilson to a Harrison, or are we still talking multiple Tilson's ?