IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

25 minutes ago, B block said:

Our blue friends need our help, can anyone assist ?

Weeezord
Club Legend
39 minutes ago

I appreciate this will likely turn sour but as I can't make it down the Mem until a couple of months into the new season, does anyone have any photos of the new improvements?

Notably the new North east section and club shop etc.

0B38626A-85EA-4634-90F0-27AE20BDCF92.jpeg.d331f04b4ac9ce5553d6cd4a823e31c2.jpegHere you are weeezord 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

There's a £300 reward for a lost cat in Hanham at the moment.

I'm going to start checking the trees.

Three hundred quid? Just buy one from a pet shop, they`ll never know the difference - my sister didn`t when her hamster died when she was on holiday.

Edited by Red Right Hand
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

I can't see why the fans are getting so agitated .... this is from last December when he laid out his plans with incredibly detailed timescales...

Apparently one "These Things Do Take Time" = X years (where X = 4 Irenes * 3 Tillsons / 2 Harrisons + a Matty Taylor)

You forgot the Partridge in a pear tree.

9 hours ago, Coombsy said:

The rented office got to be for tax reasons plus they are using it for there other business while taking money from  rovers to pay for it 

of course he' comes across as a lovely man wait till the the fall out you see his true colours 

bet he's don't turn up for the fiirst game he be on holiday suning his self payed by the increce of coffee prices 

how lucky are we 

You have to make profits to pay Corporation Tax. You seldom do anything in business solely ‘for tax reasons’, If benefits through reduced taxation are your determining criterion then you’ve probably got it wrong........

14 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Exactly.

I think the operation in London is actually very revealing.  I have been involved in major development schemes with the most complicated involving three parties (they get more complicated but that's my highest one) and they take a huge amount of work to set up and may need to change if one of the parties drops out; raises the price etc.

I think that the purchase of Rovers by the Al Qadis had two sides:

1) A foootball club to let Wael live out his dream of being a smaller scale Roman Abrahamovic; this will be an overhead to the main business but may possibly come good if they get a run and get promoted to the Championship or Premiership.  Obviously both are incredibly unlikely but this doesn't matter anyway.

Because this was only a sideline to the main reason:

2) Property development: on buying this looked like a fantastic deal - sell the Mem for top dollar, move to s ahiny new part-owned stadium, take the money out and sell the club as a going concern.

This however collapsed so onto a new plan to get a return on your investment.

You own a big piece of prime Bristol land from which you want to make money, to do this at best profit you need to develop it as housing rather than sell it as a devlopment site to somebody else.  To develop it you need:

Land - got that

Financing - either a loan for development finance or a joint venture partner who will provide financing equal to the land value and then share profits on sale; ideally the latter as this is lower risk.  This is who the London office has been tasked to find.

Planning permission - owning the club helps with this; couch it that the development is needed to "save Rovers" and councillors start lining up to back it with a view to votes.  So with this you can get away with densisty / lack of affordable that a normal developer couldn't.

If they can get ths off the ground with a suitable partner / investor within a couple of years then they stand to make a profit on buying Rovers.  The football club is a sideshow to give Wael something to do and help with the planning application when it goes in.  There will be no big money purchases, the money is needed for the development scheme, and there will be no substantial spend on the Mem when the aim is to flatten it.

This why a pleasant old buffer like Steve Hamer was brought in: to keep the fans quiet by encouraging words so that they don't realise that there is zero interest by the owners in the football club; they just happen to play on a valuable piece of real estate. 

If you want to do nothing but still want to pretend to be doing something then what sort of catchphrases would you come up with?

How about?

• Evolution not revolution.
  • These things take time.

So long story short; property deal gone bad, they are trying to salvage a return.

14 hours ago, Swede said:

Haha, I can only read a few of the posts before wiping the tears of merriment from my eyes, bless 'em.

It would be extremely interesting to hear their comments now in hindsight.

All joking aside you have to question what both sides have to offer with an investor & club.

Hugo the Elder

Hugo the Elder Avatar

Posting Level

Feb 19, 2016 at 3:49pm baggins likes this
Post Options

Post by Hugo the Elder on Feb 19, 2016 at 3:49pm

la6200 Avatar
CheshireGas Avatar
Who said cityinpeace is gutted? 
I think we should keep our feet on the ground. After all many people have spent years telling them how arrogant they are.
We may not be Ragbag Rovers any more but at least we should not try to become like some City82 supporters...

I'm defiantly not gutted. Obviously you are all getting a bit excited about, which is fair enough, the same happened when Lansdown happened. 
If anything, this may make City push further on, for obvious reasons. 

There is however a danger to the deal you've just done, just hope it ends positively for you lot.

Banned.

Woo woo!

As ever, the slightest criticism resulted in an immediate ban....

Apologies for not reading the entire thread before posting....

Edited by PHILINFRANCE

14 hours ago, Sergio Georgini said:

I see our old Portsmouth/Rovers fan Weezlebee liking a lot of the narcissistic comments made by the horsepunchers 15ers back in 2016, whatever happened to him?

Glad it's gone all tits up with Wally at the helm, who seems such a terrific chap..

I like him , so far he hasn't disappointed.

:laughcont:

12 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

As a replacement for Harrison they are doubting their chances of 'tempting Adam Cunnington away from Billericay town as 'they pay a decent wage(I guess in comparison to any Gas deal)!!!

Well Billericay do have a genuinely wealthy owner I suppose

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Three hundred quid? Just buy one from a pet shop, they`ll never know the difference - my sister didn`t when her hamster died when she was on holiday.

You replaced her hamster with a cat and she didn’t notice..?! 

• Haha 8

11 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Exactly.

I think the operation in London is actually very revealing.  I have been involved in major development schemes with the most complicated involving three parties (they get more complicated but that's my highest one) and they take a huge amount of work to set up and may need to change if one of the parties drops out; raises the price etc.

I think that the purchase of Rovers by the Al Qadis had two sides:

1) A foootball club to let Wael live out his dream of being a smaller scale Roman Abrahamovic; this will be an overhead to the main business but may possibly come good if they get a run and get promoted to the Championship or Premiership.  Obviously both are incredibly unlikely but this doesn't matter anyway.

Because this was only a sideline to the main reason:

2) Property development: on buying this looked like a fantastic deal - sell the Mem for top dollar, move to s ahiny new part-owned stadium, take the money out and sell the club as a going concern.

This however collapsed so onto a new plan to get a return on your investment.

You own a big piece of prime Bristol land from which you want to make money, to do this at best profit you need to develop it as housing rather than sell it as a devlopment site to somebody else.  To develop it you need:

Land - got that

Financing - either a loan for development finance or a joint venture partner who will provide financing equal to the land value and then share profits on sale; ideally the latter as this is lower risk.  This is who the London office has been tasked to find.

Planning permission - owning the club helps with this; couch it that the development is needed to "save Rovers" and councillors start lining up to back it with a view to votes.  So with this you can get away with densisty / lack of affordable that a normal developer couldn't.

If they can get ths off the ground with a suitable partner / investor within a couple of years then they stand to make a profit on buying Rovers.  The football club is a sideshow to give Wael something to do and help with the planning application when it goes in.  There will be no big money purchases, the money is needed for the development scheme, and there will be no substantial spend on the Mem when the aim is to flatten it.

This why a pleasant old buffer like Steve Hamer was brought in: to keep the fans quiet by encouraging words so that they don't realise that there is zero interest by the owners in the football club; they just happen to play on a valuable piece of real estate. 

If you want to do nothing but still want to pretend to be doing something then what sort of catchphrases would you come up with?

How about?

• Evolution not revolution.
  • These things take time.

pretty much what I've said from the day they were taken over

24 minutes ago, RedM said:

What’s the London office I have seen mentioned? Wally has a London office being paid for by the Gas? 

Yes, staff of two IIRC costing £250k per year.

Here's one of the staff:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/karimmardambey/

Steve Hamer did his usual blather to defend its costs but freely admitted that it existed and cost that much.

As per my previous post it makes no sense if you look at Rovers as a football club but if you view them as a property asset currently used for football then £250k looks like a reasonable short term investment to obtain a development partner.

• Thanks 1