IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

7 hours ago, Monkeh said:

I've noticed the blue few ave been very quiet on season ticket sales this season, could it be they aren't as loyal as they made out? We've got over 15k I'm guessing they are sub 5k,

anyone know?

5 hours ago, In the Net said:

Think I saw £4k+ written somewhere, so, pretty much what you've guessed. 

Sorry - should have been 4k+ season ticket sales. ?  £4k is probably the transfer budget! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, The turtle said:

“Can any team to be more average than Bristol Rovers?” asked Gerry Prewett. “After the end of last season, the Gas had played a total of 4,030 league games from the time they joined the league in 1920 (including one Conference season). The stats are: W1,495 D 1,037 L 1,498 GF 5,767 GA 5,760.”

“As average as Bristol Rovers are, they are by my count only the second most average team in the English leagues (considering only those clubs with 1,000-plus games played in the Football League and Conference),” writes James Clarke, who we will now let take over the floor. “Rotherham United just about beat them out on a marginal decision. Since forming in 1925 Rotherham’s league record is:

P 3,802 W1,426 D948 L1,428 F5,589 A5,581

“Rotherham have more games played than Bristol Rovers, and I’d also rank win/loss balance as being more important than goals for/against balance in a tie breaker situation. West Ham get the bronze, losing out on goal difference:

P 3,802 W1,425 D 950 L1,427 F5,611 A5,599

“Those three clubs are well clear of the rest of the pack when it comes to being generally average. But Colchester are worthy of a shout as well for having a perfect 1:1 win loss ratio: Won 1,135, Drawn 838, Lost 1,135. But they are well off the pace on their overall goal difference: For 4,354, Against 4,412. I did a graph of the most average average clubs to help me work this out. The closer they are to the bottom left corner, the more average they are.

Average teams
  • Thanks 2

Is this a prowed gashead?

A CHEERING yob punched a police horse in the head during a booze-fuelled fracas, a court heard on Wednesday.

Scott Spurling, 23, lashed out at Quantock as trouble broke out after England’s World Cup semi-final defeat.

The jobless thug was said to have clouted the animal three times and cheered.

He also hit a police officer and another reveller.

Spurling was among a group of football fans who grappled in the street outside a pub in Weston-super-Mare, Somerset, on July 11.

Quantock was there with another police horse, Jubilee, to keep the peace when Spurling lashed out.

The smirking yob appeared before magistrates in Weston-super-Mare and admitting attacking the horse.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6918800/yob-punch-horse-world-cup-england-croatia/

Shurely  shome mishtake.... from 2011:

Pride of Somerset Youth Awards: Scott Spurling

DESPITE ‘a difficult couple of years’ according to his nomination, 15-year-old Scott Spurling, of Weston-super-Mare has become an inspiration to other young people.

Refusing to let his personal circumstances hold him back, he has given up large chunks of his holidays to support younger children. He has volunteered his services in delivering a transition project for vulnerable young people moving from primary to secondary school for the last two summers.

His nomination read: “The younger children really looked up to him as he was able to communicate with more to them and in a much more powerful way than an adult could. He was a real inspiration.”

He was presented with a Highly Commended award.

http://www.somersetcountygazette.co.uk/news/8899736.Pride_of_Somerset_Youth_Awards__Scott_Spurling/

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Scum? Hmmm okay.

Yup, scum. You heard. Not just a term used by us, as many other clubs supporters have come on here over the years, and said similar things about your lot. I doubt you get anything like that on your forum, as anyone that doesn't swear allegiance to the blue and white gets banned anyway.

Thinking you could get a decent ground for a pittance in 82, taking over the Mem, punching ?... 

That's not to say all City supporters are angels, and I know some decent Rovers supporters (grew up with a few).

You're a decent poster (for one of them), and actually quite like reading some of your posts. I still stand by my original comments though :boxing:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rich said:

SHIT?      Hmmm okay.

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

Need a history lesson, do you..? 

I’d say that in general, with some exceptions of course, “scum” sums up Bristol Rovers FC & their supporters very well. 

The word ‘scum’ implies something which reaches the surface. I wouldn’t equate BRFC with that term since they will always be plumbing the depths whether this be in footballing terms, morals or in any other respect. Hence in my view ‘detritus’ is a far better noun to describe this joke of a football club and its  mendacious and odious individuals who claim their undying support to this outfit. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3