IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 minute ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Quote from Slagchat today. Seems like they want another tent ?

Doidge scoring for fun today - surely the Harrison and Bodin funds should go towards a marquee signing or are we in for a winter of discontent?

Not only will it be a tad chilly in one of there numerous ‘marquees’ they’ll be shagged if the wind picks up ?

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Quote from Slagchat today. Seems like they want another tent ?

Doidge scoring for fun today - surely the Harrison and Bodin funds should go towards a marquee signing or are we in for a winter of discontent?

Judging by the state of their ground, they're in for a winter of discount tents.

• Like 1
  • Haha 14

Peterborough got their League One campaign off to a winning start thanks to a 2-1 triumph over Bristol Rovers.

Two of the nine debutants to feature in Steve Evans' new-look starting line-up - another two later arrived as substitutes - provided the goals in the first half at the ABAX Stadium.

Former Stevenage frontman Matt Godden opened his account for the club inside the first minute with a fine header from Jason Naismith's terrific cross from the right.

And the advantage doubled in the 26th minute with another headed goal as towering ex-Dundee midfielder Mark O'Hara classily steered in a delivery from left-back

ColinDaniel.gif.aea866eead84de5982dae32d69805f9a.gif

• Like 8
  • Haha 4

Listened to DC on the Twentystone phone-in driving home and thought it the most thinly veiled  'resignation speech' since Glumsden at Ipswich. "We work hard all week, prepare, then they go and do that...basic errors,....it's not acceptable....there were no positives...but I select the players and give them the game plan and if they play like that I'm to blame."

Short of ' Go on, sack me' sounded to me like he'd had enough.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Listened to DC on the Twentystone phone-in driving home and thought it the most thinly veiled  'resignation speech' since Glumsden at Ipswich. "We work hard all week, prepare, then they go and do that...basic errors,....it's not acceptable....there were no positives...but I select the players and give them the game plan and if they play like that I'm to blame."

Typical of him to slag off his players - remember they were all bog standard last season according to him - then stick in the bit about being to blame, which he clearly doesn't mean.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

He's un sackable. They could not afford the compensation package, they're hoping someone comes to get him and pay them compensation, then they'll appoint Marcus Stewart on the same money and a short contract. The trouble is, with the reduced quality available to him, he's struggling to produce good enough performances to attract another club. 

1 hour ago, Rich said:

He's un sackable. They could not afford the compensation package, they're hoping someone comes to get him and pay them compensation, then they'll appoint Marcus Stewart on the same money and a short contract. The trouble is, with the reduced quality available to him, he's struggling to produce good enough performances to attract another club. 

I actually think he isn’t a bad manager, he’s brought into all the Wally bullshit and the Blue Few have lapped up with his stupid comments.

He must regret the day he didn’t go for the Leeds job, his problem is every game / week his reputation is taking a hit.

Like you say the club can’t afford to sack him so he’s stuck there, and he’ll be taking them down this season 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

I see the gift have messed up with there sponsor. Brilliant. Tinpot at its finest 

Wow! So many gifts and only the first weekend of the season ...

"Many people noticed yesterday that the Mint Bet sponsor logo was covered up on our kit yesterday. Apparently due to EFL rules that you cannot have more than one betting company sponsor. "

":laugh:. You couldn't make it up. Actually, I hope someone made that up."

"Apparently club is in process of repaying back sponsorship to MintBet which is going to have a knock on effect to the remaining of DC’s transfer budget apparently 50k "

"Im sure it will cost more than that I'd imagine. I wouldn't be happy with a shirt thats got the wrong sponsor on it. Surely nobody would buy one now the mistake is out in the open too. Where does that leave the shirt manufacturing process and all the dead stock that will be left around?"

" I imagine a new sponsor if Found would just be ironed over the top of existing to minimise cost "

• Haha 13

2 minutes ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Wow! So many gifts and only the first weekend of the season ...

"Many people noticed yesterday that the Mint Bet sponsor logo was covered up on our kit yesterday. Apparently due to EFL rules that you cannot have more than one betting company sponsor. "

":laugh:. You couldn't make it up. Actually, I hope someone made that up."

"Apparently club is in process of repaying back sponsorship to MintBet which is going to have a knock on effect to the remaining of DC’s transfer budget apparently 50k "

"Im sure it will cost more than that I'd imagine. I wouldn't be happy with a shirt thats got the wrong sponsor on it. Surely nobody would buy one now the mistake is out in the open too. Where does that leave the shirt manufacturing process and all the dead stock that will be left around?"

" I imagine a new sponsor if Found would just be ironed over the top of existing to minimise cost "

Surprised at that. Given the league is sponsored by Sky Bet.

And to think they mocked our hashtags.