Next Level in 210 posts
3 minutes ago via mobile
Post Options

Post by paulpirate on 3 minutes ago

Keith chimp said dc is walking

It's a joke account.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Imagine he left. They would be in tears. Saying that so would I . ?

Even more amusing would be if LJ gave him a role coaching the U23s, especially if DC was to publicly say that 'whilst I have plans to return to management, it will be nice to stop my claim for Universal Credit, now I have a proper salary.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Even more amusing would be if LJ gave him a role coaching the U23s, especially if DC was to publicly say that 'whilst I have plans to return to management, it will be nice to stop my claim for Universal Credit, now I have a proper salary.

'After visiting Ashton Gate for the BBC forum, I realised what a bunch of 2 bit losers I was working for so decided to join a proper football club, one with proper stands, real support and real ambition'.

'I appreciate I've got to work my way up but it's a great career move and I hope Doris enjoys her retirement. She can rest assured her trolley is in safe hands'.

'Was it 1 or 2 sugars in your tea gaffer?'.

:aok2:

Dopey Darrell is ranting and raving in the press, clearly a very unhappy man.  He is a prime candidate for any club seeking new management, he could even be an assistant much higher up the food chain.

I bet his contract is worth **** all so he'd be cheap as chips.

2 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Dopey Darrell is ranting and raving in the press, clearly a very unhappy man.  He is a prime candidate for any club seeking new management, he could even be an assistant much higher up the food chain.

I bet his contract is worth **** all so he'd be cheap as chips.

No jobs going though is there? Although Jose might be on his way soon....

He only has himself to blame after he turned down Leeds.

Edited by Super

I don't read through their forum very often at all but after spending half my lunch hour having a sneaky look, it is so entertaining.

Most of them know what a shambles they are, lots of "tinpot" mentions and sack the board BUT there are still those happy clappers criticising those that want action.  They're the true problem with Rovers, they believe all the lies and bury their heads hoping it's all a bad dream!

3 hours ago, SX227 said:

Henbury Gas bullshitting again - this time his fellow Gasheads seem to have had enough of his BS.....

Free the Henbury Gas one Avatar
gas1970 Avatar
Or maybe he's just a young player who lost a bit of form...?

Just saying.

Had plenty of form with the ladies i believe

Got a problem with that?

Had plenty of form with the ladies i believe

Got a problem with that?

None at all, he just has to be more careful in the future

pirate Avatar

Careful with the ladies? Was he on holiday in Thailand then or do you work for Durex? Not sure what you mean.

;) 

And what do you mean by that? Suggest you keep your nose out of peoples private life’s and your gob shut for once

What the fck is this lark? Explain yourself? 

Who are you to comment on something that you have absolutely no involvement in? Scrap that, we know exactly who you are. 

Trap best left firmly shut, not coming on here giving out life advice with all that ITK bollo.cks. 

Lets not go spreading more rumours eh, for your own sake.

Pretty sure Sweens is coupled up and possibly engaged(?) with a Rovers fan and is going to be a father.

kingswoodgas18831 Avatar

And what do you mean by that? Suggest you keep your nose out of peoples private life’s and your gob shut for once

stirring his gert pot of sh**e again

Perhaps give said user a warning for posting copious amounts of sh**e about people’s private life’s

Henbury , for Christ sakes man , do you ever learn ? You caused yourself enough grief over the past few months , stop trying to cause drama with things that just don’t concern you , it’s becoming tedious mate and bloody embarrassing for you and the forum.

Guess even the Gasheads have sussed HenburyGas is a complete lying belter........

err no. The ex Mrs was Gas ..(it was very tough keeping a straight face on the day they went out of the league), but I'm definitely not coupled up at the moment, and because I don't want any more mini me's, I've had the snip ? 

• Haha 1

The really hilarious bit is the happy clappers saying "give them time!" - if you were losing £2m a year surely you'd rush through plans to rebuild the stadium so you could actually start to bring in extra income?!

Without the stadium rebuild, they're just sinking further and further in to debt which makes them even more unlikely to be able to get the financing for the stadium and training ground.

Apart from DS putting BRFC into administration (thus keeping the Colony land and having milked them for the London office for a few years + the loan interest) I just don't see the owner's game plan.

Another question - how on earth do Rovers always lose so much money given they're mostly a selling club and supposedly have high gates and ticket prices for the league?

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Red34 said:

The really hilarious bit is the happy clappers saying "give them time!" - if you were losing £2m a year surely you'd rush through plans to rebuild the stadium so you could actually start to bring in extra income?!

Without the stadium rebuild, they're just sinking further and further in to debt which makes them even more unlikely to be able to get the financing for the stadium and training ground.

Apart from DS putting BRFC into administration (thus keeping the Colony land and having milked them for the London office for a few years + the loan interest) I just don't see the owner's game plan.

Another question - how on earth do Rovers always lose so much money given they're mostly a selling club and supposedly have high gates and ticket prices for the league?

It is bizarre. Especially as they obtained (stole) their ground for next to nothing. 

Rank bad management from top to bottom. 

The amusing thing is that since they became “6th richest club in the country” (unlucky us, wasn’t it..?!) they have never appeared to be as bargain basement as they are now..! 

• Like 2

2015 appoint a "Head of Recruitment"*, then can't afford to recruit any players. Priceless ! :facepalm:

(* This "Head of Recruitment" was previously with Coventry, apparently.

Who have they lost out to, for this Bakayoko bloke ?

Yep, you guessed it, Coventry !)

2015, the gift that keeps on, keeping on, giving.

3 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:
On 05/08/2018 at 08:43, BTRFTG said:

Wasn’t that John Ward? Shortly before Benny took over?

Could be my age but I recall two very similar incidents both arising after heavy losses at Ipswich. Both involved pretty decent human beings with, as you say, Ward being the other. In Glumsden's case I think we lost fairly early in the Season (hence my thoughts about DC post day 1) where he effectively offered his resignation but was cajoled to stay in position for a number of months despite a string of poor performances. I'll never forget one game at the end of his reign when he sat on his own on the far side of the pitch at Forest as we took a battering in the cup, looking like he hadn't a friend in the world and with the weight of his tragic, personal circumstance bearing on his shoulders.

Ward did a similar thing half a dozen years later post the 'Clarence Winerack' debacle but in his case and having learned the lesson of Jimmy L he departed almost immediately.

9 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Could be my age but I recall two very similar incidents both arising after heavy losses at Ipswich. Both involved pretty decent human beings with, as you say, Ward being the other. In Glumsden's case I think we lost fairly early in the Season (hence my thoughts about DC post day 1) where he effectively offered his resignation but was cajoled to stay in position for a number of months despite a string of poor performances. I'll never forget one game at the end of his reign when he sat on his own on the far side of the pitch at Forest as we took a battering in the cup, looking like he hadn't a friend in the world and with the weight of his tragic, personal circumstance bearing on his shoulders.

Ward did a similar thing half a dozen years later post the 'Clarence Winerack' debacle but in his case and having learned the lesson of Jimmy L he departed almost immediately.

Lumsden was sacked after a 2-1 away defeat at Charlton which was played at Upton Park

Meanwhile sky have announced a comedy version of life on mars called life on gas

it will premier immediately and follow a similar format, james murdoch stated the main reason was overheads, why go through the trouble of getting in a prop master when we can just film at the mem, the benefits are endless 

ground

fans behaviour

Management 

signing budget

all from the 1970s

former local rivals Bristol city have been asked if they can assist in providing retro shirts for re runs of derby games and have asked the older fan base if their grandfathers have any old shirts worn at derby games in the loft

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Midlands Robin said:

Oh dear, that awkward moment when one of your over excited fans updates Wiki to show the player now playing for you but it all falls through. 

Good job I got a screen shot before some one changed it back. ?

sags.thumb.png.762f193673320adb40a3cb081e613763.png

And now someone has changed it to Coventry City. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amadou_Bakayoko

35 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

2015 appoint a "Head of Recruitment"*, then can't afford to recruit any players. Priceless ! :facepalm:

(* This "Head of Recruitment" was previously with Coventry, apparently.

Who have they lost out to, for this Bakayoko bloke ?

Yep, you guessed it, Coventry !)

2015, the gift that keeps on, keeping on, giving. 

The head of recruitment who's first recommendation was his own son..!?

• Haha 1