IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

29 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

With all the tents they have now, have they started calling home games the 'Gas Jamboree' yet?

Obviously, any scouting that takes place will likely be with view to identifying players, rather than singing ging-gang-goolie.

I remember before THE Mansfield game, you know, the survival celebrations they were having pre-match...?! They had a steel band playing. I wonder if they were actually “steel drums” or just “tin pots”...?! 

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

SAG will certainly need to ensure that the guy ropes are manufactured from fire retardant material. I guess we could help them with that test? ;)

Maybe that's what's caused this complete shambles. When they were told that SAG have to inspect the "construction" to provide a safety certificate, they thought they could send any old bull5hitting, knuckle-dragging sag round.....they probably booked Henburygas

Edited by RedRaw

3 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

Maybe that's what's caused this complete shambles. When they were told that SAG have to inspect the "construction" to provide a safety certificate, they thought they could send any old bull5hitting, knuckle-dragging sag round.....they probably booked Henburygas

That's a nasty stammer, Raw.

"Yes I drove past yesterday, no stands on any of the terraces and the South West tent has disappeared. you'd think they would put an ice-cream van there to fill the space, or something else that is useful. what I don't understand is why didn't they add a section to the South stand, which was there once upon a time. How long has that temporary stand been there? I remember watching Bo save us from relegation from that stand. (Kidderminster were a league club then too.)

:laughcont:

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Super said:

"Yes I drove past yesterday, no stands on any of the terraces and the South West tent has disappeared. you'd think they would put an ice-cream van there to fill the space, or something else that is useful. what I don't understand is why didn't they add a section to the South stand, which was there once upon a time. How long has that temporary stand been there? I remember watching Bo save us from relegation from that stand. (Kidderminster were a league club then too.)

:laughcont:

He just wants to prepare for when they play up the downs...

What a belter!!

3 hours ago, Midlands Robin said:

Given the strange way Safety Advisory Groups work and how important having the correct certification is, I wonder how you can just throw stands up in a few days and then get a safety certificate for them?

Absolutely. The drop from the top of the bleachers must be at least 4 foot....

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Those shitheads can crow and strut, but I've never known a single ted that hasn't begrudgingly admired the fact that as sh** as we always are, we still love the Gas.

In many ways, more than they could ever love their plastic franchise.

As clearly demonstrated by the 4,500 season tickets snapped up by their ever loyal & adoring fans..?!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

The way their crowds are going could soon be applause is limited to

images.jpeg

The late David Kelly.

He was later to play a role in Fawlty Towers as O'Reilly, Sybil's favourite incompetent builder, but, for the life of me, I couldn't recall the name of the BBC sitcom where this one-armed kitchen worker appeared regularly: it has been bothering me since yesterday, but it has just come to me: Robin's Nest!  

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

As clearly demonstrated by the 4,500 season tickets snapped up by their ever loyal & adoring fans..?!

It’s unbelievable BBS3 . That football club is going through a time we’re they have never been less relevant. Our supporters of 25 and younger have never seen a Bristol derby in the league . No wonder why they don’t allow shitheads on there crappy forum

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

The late David Kelly.

He was later to play a role in Fawlty Towers as O'Reilly, Sybil's favourite incompetent builder, but, for the life of me, I couldn't recall the name of the BBC sitcom where this one-armed kitchen worker appeared regularly: it has been bothering me since yesterday, but it has just come to me: Robin's Nest!  

The gormless bloke who fecked off with Tony Blackburn’s wife (Tessa Wyatt)was in Robins Nest, remember listening to Blackburn on his Radio 1 breakfast show and going into a serious meltdown over the issue

3 minutes ago, harrys said:

The gormless bloke who fecked off with Tony Blackburn’s wife (Tessa Wyatt)was in Robins Nest, remember listening to Blackburn on his Radio 1 breakfast show and going into a serious meltdown over the issue

I remember that. IIRC (doubtful, usually don’t) there was an on air “Tessa come back” at one stage. The Robin’s Nest geezer was Richard O’ Sullivan. 

5 minutes ago, harrys said:

Gormless The Gas may be but a tad harsh on Richard O'Sullivan who sadly is in a pretty poor state of health these days, which neatly brings us back to The Gas....

6 minutes ago, harrys said:

Ha!

No, absolutely not - she went out with and later married (I believe) Richard O'Sullivan (the Robin in Robin's Nest), but most certainly not David Kelly!

30 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Thing is, most people enjoy the misfortune of others.

I'm fairly sure that being a Rovers fan you have to enjoy your own misfortune.

Those shitheads can crow and strut, but I've never known a single ted that hasn't begrudgingly admired the fact that as sh** as we always are, we still love the Gas.

I don't admire them. I think most of them are mugs who practically allowed their club to sleep walk into Non League because asking questions and expecting better is seen as a bad thing up there for some reason? Too busy patting each other on the back telling themselves they're something special to fully appreciate what a laughing stock they've become.

But this is exactly the sort of w@nky rubbish many of them come out with on a regular basis. They don't love their club more than we love ours, far from it judging by their crowds over the years compared to City. 

Not sure how we can be called 'plastic' or a 'franchise' when we've never left Bristol and still play at our spiritual home of over a century? 

Gaslogic....

• Like 7

42 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Thing is, most people enjoy the misfortune of others.

I'm fairly sure that being a Rovers fan you have to enjoy your own misfortune.

What is this specimen on about. So because rovers are shit . We admire them and tell them what fantastic supporters they are . ******* unbelievable. 

Well this shithead thinks you are shit your support is shit . And you constantly chat shit . 

Anything to make themselves feel better. 

I just googled the meaning of a Franchise in case it has been rebadged to another activity, or I completely misunderstood the structure of Bristol City/Bristol Sport ..

"franchise business is a business in which the owners, or "franchisors", sell the rights to their business logo, name, and model to third party retail outlets, owned by independent, third party operators, called "franchisees". 

If anyone has a bogus account  on asschat could you educate the ******* idiots for their own good please because this term of endearment doesn't quite work and the sooner at least some of those poor folk realise that the better. 

4 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I don't admire them. I think most of them are mugs who practically allowed their club to sleep walk into Non League because asking questions and expecting better is seen as a bad thing up there for some reason? Too busy patting each other on the back telling themselves they're something special to fully appreciate what a laughing stock they've become.

But this is exactly the sort of w@nky rubbish many of them come out with on a regular basis. They don't love their club more than we love ours, far from it judging by their crowds over the years compared to City. 

Not sure how we can be called 'plastic' or a 'franchise' when we've never left Bristol and still play at our spiritual home of over a century? 

Gaslogic....

3 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

I just googled the meaning of a Franchise in case it has been rebadged to another activity, or I completely misunderstood the structure of Bristol City/Bristol Sport ..

"franchise business is a business in which the owners, or "franchisors", sell the rights to their business logo, name, and model to third party retail outlets, owned by independent, third party operators, called "franchisees". 

If anyone has a bogus account  on asschat could you educate the ******* idiots for their own good please because this term of endearment doesn't quite work and the sooner at least some of those poor folk realise that the better. 

Agree lads . Comedians from top to bottom