IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

17 minutes ago, B block said:

I reckon Al Quadis could literally urinate on their chips ( the £4.50) ones and they’d believe it was raining 

The club statement says....

"because their construction is more complex, our main contractor, GL Events has encountered unforeseen engineering issues in the supply chain."

Clearly the club are laying the blame at the contractors door. Anyone saying it's the club's fault is either talking BS or alleging that the club are downright liars and are making this excuse up.

I know who I'd rather believe.

FTG!

Did they also blame UWE for some thing 

1 hour ago, B block said:

Clearly the club are laying the blame at the contractors door. Anyone saying it's the club's fault is either talking BS or alleging that the club are downright liars and are making this excuse up.

yeah, cos the club couldn't possible be lying/making up excuses. They've never done that before.

They really are special over there!

5 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

The late David Kelly.

He was later to play a role in Fawlty Towers as O'Reilly, Sybil's favourite incompetent builder, but, for the life of me, I couldn't recall the name of the BBC sitcom where this one-armed kitchen worker appeared regularly: it has been bothering me since yesterday, but it has just come to me: Robin's Nest!  

As a kid I always thought David Kelly was really funny but when he played against us he always seemed to score. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Admin
4 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

So skysports have confirmed two new redeveloped stands won't be ready until september......didn't realise they were even updating it!

Does this mean that thousands can't watch first couple of games.

I believe they were just more of those shitty temporary stands in space they had 

4 hours ago, The Joker said:

Our main contractor, GL Events has encountered unforeseen engineering issues in the supply chain.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^   Gaslogic ;)

“GL Events”?

Have they accidentally double booked their marquee hire with a wedding this weekend?

11 minutes ago, phantom said:

Whatever happened to this chap? 

Was he a city fan or just made the most of the opportunity that came his way? 

Does he still go? 

I heard that he was beaten half to death by a disabled City fan for refusing to move 6 inches to the left just before kick off. Apparently his brother in laws, mums, old school teachers mate phoned someone at the Mem and asked if he could go there instead. So delighted were the sags at the potential to double their gate they offered him a new season ticket (still in the post and for a non existent stand), a new shirt (delayed due to a sponsorship **** up) and a signed picture with their new striker (not yet signed). He's now very happy.

Edited by Midlands Robin
  • Like 3
  • Haha 6

Those shitheads can crow and strut, but I've never known a single ted that hasn't begrudgingly admired the fact that as sh** as we always are, we still love the Gas.

Er no, I & many thousands like me think you are just pathetic.

I have lost count at all the times I have laughed at gaslogic.

Do I really want to walk around in a pathetic jesters uniform or watch kick and rush with a fake copied season ticket on a turnip patch in an old rugby stadium resembling Chernobyl littered with more tents and temporary buildings than a gypsy's caravan site with painfully outdated facilities whilst abusing any opposition player 1970's style singing a zombie like Plymouth argyle dirge about suicidal fantasies, knowing that even the nickname was a derogatory term given by your neighbours.

Owned by a couple of shady characters with monopoly money who can peel an orange in their pocket and make the Riddler look like Benny from Crossroads.

I believe it was 1958 the last time they built a permanent stand.

Like I said, pathetic 

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

Christ. I'll have a pint of what this ******* on

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/12662/give-weeks

The person who started that thread, ‘syg’, was on here shortly after we signed Matty Taylor to tell us that the Football WORLD was DISGUSTED with our actions. The reality of course was either that people didn’t give a shit or actually thought to themselves “wow, aren’t Bristol Rovers proper shit and tinpot?”

Typical Sag fantasist.

• Haha 4

• Admin
7 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Those shitheads can crow and strut, but I've never known a single ted that hasn't begrudgingly admired the fact that as sh** as we always are, we still love the Gas.

In many ways, more than they could ever love their plastic franchise.

I struggle to comprehend that any of them can actually believe that sort of complete and utter bollocks.  I want to see them fail, go bust and disappear, I have never admired any single thing about them, begrudgingly or not.  We have a few fans who could be described as not the brightest, but they are in a minority, whereas they seem to have polar opposites, a majority of blind faithful, who have taken all this time to see, what was clearly and plainly laid out for them when Wael took over.

They are an embarrassment, a parody of themselves that just keeps growing, they really have no stick to beat us with and I can’t believe that they are still trying, as with every attempt they look more and more ridiculous.

• Like 11

7 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

The person who started that thread, ‘syg’, was on here shortly after we signed Matty Taylor to tell us that the Football WORLD was DISGUSTED with our actions. The reality of course was either that people didn’t give a shit or actually thought to themselves “wow, aren’t Bristol Rovers proper shit and tinpot?”

Typical Sag fantasist.

To be fair, the Outer Mongolian Echo had a 3 page editorial on what a bunch of rotters we are. 

7 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

To be fair, it does say on their website that they provide "permanent" as well temporary structures.......:whistle:

https://www.glevents.co.uk/

Ahh, it makes sense now, "GL" stands for gas logic as in we can build a football stand in four days or we are now the sixth richest team in the country or it's not feasible to build on the mem or we need a 20,000 stadium yet can never sell out a dump half the size.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I remember before THE Mansfield game, you know, the survival celebrations they were having pre-match...?! They had a steel band playing. I wonder if they were actually “steel drums” or just “tin pots”...?! 

17 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I remember before THE Mansfield game, you know, the survival celebrations they were having pre-match...?! They had a steel band playing. I wonder if they were actually “steel drums” or just “tin pots”...?! 

And actually stolen......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1