IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

How can a "stand" be built in 3 days?

The new South West Stand, is due to be built on the 16th, 17th & 18th August and in use for supporters for the match with Portsmouth on 21st August.

The new Bristol Energy Family Stand due to be built on the 3rd,4th & 5th September and will be in use for supporters for the match with Plymouth on September 8th.

5 minutes ago, myol'man said:

The new South West Stand, is due to be built on the 16th, 17th & 18th August and in use for supporters for the match with Portsmouth on 21st August.

The new Bristol Energy Family Stand due to be built on the 3rd,4th & 5th September and will be in use for supporters for the match with Plymouth on September 8th.

Answer;

Temporary stadium seating

Our hybrid seating system is both scalable, offering customers a future-proofed solution, and simple to install – which is a bonus when cash and time constraints are tight.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, myol'man said:

Provided no one forgets the Allen key .

:yes:

2 hours ago, myol'man said:

Answer;

Temporary stadium seating

Our hybrid seating system is both scalable, offering customers a future-proofed solution, and simple to install – which is a bonus when cash and time constraints are tight.

I can’t find the video fly through visual of their new stands. Does anybody have a link to it...?!

2 hours ago, kivsy said:

I see the stand is sponsored by Bristol energy , isn’t that the loss making company ? 

A great match then :) 

Owned by the Council aren't they? How does that work then, bearing in mind that most ratepayers who give a shit about local football do not follow those arseholes.

Can we expect similar sponsorship ? 

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

Aren’t they, us and 90 odd% of League clubs, loss making companies..? 

Yes mate but that particular loss making company is bankrolled by Bristol ratepayers the majority of which would prefer that sponsorship to go elsewhere. 

I think something should be done about this and questions asked of the Mayor.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Owned by the Council aren't they? How does that work then, bearing in mind that most ratepayers who give a shit about local football do not follow those arseholes.

We've certainly had sponsorship from them in the past. They ran a promotion last season for City fans to win a "big day out" and do work with the Bristol Sport Foundation.

10 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Yes mate but that particular loss making company is bankrolled by Bristol ratepayers the majority of which would prefer that sponsorship to go elsewhere. 

I completely agree! My point was more that we weren’t in a position to mock Rovers as a loss making business. That little issue is true of virtually every club. 

No way should a tax payer funded company, that’s losing money, be able to splash out on vain sponsorships. 

I mean, I’d be surprised if their new tent even had an electric hook up anyway..! 

36 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

I've just done something..........I've switched suppliers ! they had the cheek to inform me yesterday that my tariff was increasing, so I've sent an e-mail saying I'm changing as you are sponsoring something that is an anathema to me and you've just lost a customer !

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, myol'man said:

Its a stand Jim, but not as we know it...

There's gAssholes on the starboard bow, starboard bow......

1 hour ago, Loon plage said:

And in 1982 the council was going to make a payment to Bristol City to help us out in our hour of dire need - until the sags whined that they should also get a payment, so it was shelved ....now they are getting council funding??!!! I await our whining complaint...

• Like 7

4 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

I've just done something..........I've switched suppliers ! they had the cheek to inform me yesterday that my tariff was increasing, so I've sent an e-mail saying I'm changing as you are sponsoring something that is an anathema to me and you've just lost a customer !

About to join you, this is a ridiculous marketing strategy.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Swede said:

Can we please get back on topic.

OK fair enough pal. This Saturday is their first home game of a new season when optimism is rife. I reckon less than 9,000 will be at the Mem to cheer on Rovers.

1 hour ago, freezer said:

On Coral online. I see that the gypos relegation odds are now down to 4-1.

That's a significant drop after just one game from 13-2.

Was going to have a flutter but not so tempted now.

They are being outbid for players-by flyde ? 

I think they are in awe full trouble simply to stay afloat