IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

Just listened to the first 5 minutes or so of the interview. The rovers owner was squirming like a well hooked fish. Wouldn't commit to any details or timelines, just promised that everything would happen eventually with no details of anything whatsoever.

More or less confirmed that their new training ground won't be ready for next season by saying that 'if' it isn't done by April (when the lease runs out on their current place), they will put a temporary solution in place. It's apparently just a field full of weeds right now, in Tentyman's words.

Can I just say, that’s a great misspelling and also a great nickname for Wally. The nature of their improvements suggests he is indeed “Tentyman”

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Got radio Bristol on.

Wally basically saying, 'we won't put any money in'.

Wally being more evasive that a teenager driving a lowered Citroën Saxo whilst being chased by the police.

Is it me or has he got a comedy voice? Bit Pythonish..

Wow......the mushrooms have been fed even more bull?.....how more non-committal could Wael be?

clearly hani and the family are not fully committed to his “project”.....to paraphrase “we own 92% of the club and if the 8% aren’t prepared to invest, why should we”

Comical!

6 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

Wow......the mushrooms have been fed even more bull?.....how more non-committal could Wael be?

clearly hani and the family are not fully committed to his “project”.....to paraphrase “we own 92% of the club and if the 8% aren’t prepared to invest, why should we”

Comical!

Didn't the fans pay well over the odds for their 8% anyway, and continue to invest via their supporters club and all That sort of thing?

I would be amazed if there are any Gashead feeling positive about that interview.

Even the missus who was listening in the car said, and I quote "What the hell is this idiot waffling on about".

She has no idea that it was anything to do with Rovers. When I said who it was she said "Well what a perfect fit".

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I would be amazed if there are any Gashead feeling positive about that interview.

Just seen one say on Gaschat that taking their time and investigating things without giving details was exactly the right way to do it and ended by asking if it maybe meant they have a World Cup Stadium on the way!

Edited by richwwtk
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Didn't the fans pay well over the odds for their 8% anyway, and continue to invest via their supporters club and all That sort of thing?

Yeah and look what happens to that money ?

• Like 1

So the family aren't going to put any money in  as the other shareholders of 8% won't. Forgive me if I am being thick but not sure how a few new sponsors who probably pay peanuts anyway, a refurbished bar done on the cheap and a new superstore with no shirts to sell, is going to generate the income to create a new training ground and build a new stadium. Perhaps our idiot mayor is saving the money from the never to be built arena to pay for it all.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Taz said:

Even the missus who was listening in the car said, and I quote "What the hell is this idiot waffling on about".

She has no idea that it was anything to do with Rovers. When I said who it was she said "Well what a perfect fit".

Tell her to listen to Darrells post match interview..!

• Haha 1

The fake shiek says they have 3 sites earmarked for future stadium development.

1;Hinckley, once EDF pull out of building a new nuclear power station.

2;Chepstow race course, never mind it's over the bridge, still North Bristol isn't it?

3; Kevin Costner's Field of Dreams

Number 3 is favourite :gasmask:

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, bend it like brian said:

is this the other option wally was on about??

20180803_114207.jpg

How can some people get funny about posting Henbury Gas’s business details on here but then not mind posting pictures of Stuart Sinclair’s home address..?! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 14