IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 minutes ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

They’ve got a tricky few games coming up... 

I know it’s early but if they don’t get something from Wycombe they could quite easily end the month with nil points. 

Wycombe (A)

Pompey (H)

Southend (H) 

So my gas head (mates) at work are feeling a little bit nervy already 

Look forward to seeing how McGoalsky does against them...

In case you’ve forgotten today is the 38th anniversary of when Rovers south stand burnt down at Eastville.  It was a wooden structure and was about to be condemned as it didn’t meet safety standards. As a result of the  fire Rovers received an insurance payout. Some people, at the time, claimed that the fire was started deliberately to get this money though, of course, I couldn’t say that. One result of the fire was that their trophy room was destroyed and all their trophies lost. I’m not sure what these trophies were, but I’m sure they were interesting 

79D0167F-2FC2-4BDE-87AB-3C1A96F80336.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

In case you’ve forgotten today is the 38th anniversary of when Rovers south stand burnt down at Eastville.  It was a wooden structure and was about to be condemned as it didn’t meet safety standards. As a result of the  fire Rovers received an insurance payout. Some people, at the time, claimed that the fire was started deliberately to get this money though, of course, I couldn’t say that. One result of the fire was that their trophy room was destroyed and all their trophies lost. I’m not sure what these trophies were, but I’m sure they were interesting 

Must have been all their boob cricket championships.

20 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

you for goty to add that Rovers blamed city fans for this fire

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Christ! The stand is on fire, save the cups...

Don't worry, it hasn't spread to the canteen yet.

• Haha 10

Ah the spiritual home of the “loyal & true”. Very sad. 

I bet you they all turned up to say goodbye to the old girl in its farewell match..?! 

What...? 3,000....?! 

Did Rovers get a pay out?  I thought it was owned by the Bristol Greyhound Company when the fire took place.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, chucky said:

Steve Hamer, chairman of Bristol Rovers, said an investigation was under way and the action was "not acceptable".

He said: "We have had a major refit in the clubhouse and our bars this summer and we've got 14-15 new TVs all in place and I suspect there was an area of vulnerability there and somebody has hacked into it.

I bet it was those gert Ted's! 

They dont need to have an investigation for that, someone just asked for the CRICKET to be put on....

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Sunday afternoon wasn't it? I was driving along the M32 going out of town and couldn't believe it.

If memory serves the manager at the time was Don Megson and when he asked about whether any cups had been destroyed the fire service said not to worry as the fire hadn't reached the canteen.

Later that season the trophy room was burgled and the entire contents were stolen. Police later apprehended two men who were in possession of 20 square yards of blue carpet.

Edited by Bianconeri
  • Like 4
  • Haha 10

36 minutes ago, Bianconeri said:

As a result of the  fire Rovers received an insurance payout. 

Why? They didn't own the Stadium and it's stands.At the most they should have been paid for any club possessions inside at the time.

1 hour ago, 22A said:

Why? They didn't own the Stadium and it's stands.At the most they should have been paid for any club possessions inside at the time.

The Dunford's managed to purchase the Hambrook training ground from the insurance proceeds if memory serves me correctly. They then sold it and bought the Beeches and rented the facilities to Rovers.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bicester Red said:

S- - t draw for Gash

away to QPR

if we had gone threw

they would have been at home to Norwich 

whos laughing now

Agent Cup

In their own minds the blue few think that they have some sort of special relationship with QPR going back to the Gerry Francis era on through the Hollowhead years.   QPR fans on the other hand just see them as the 5h!t team from Bristol. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sergio Georgini said:

can't wait for QPR to beat us 1-0 then the blue few win on penalties against them and claim they're championship ready.

Also get ready for Gash logic suggesting they have a better support than us comparing away followings at QPR even though our game there is available to domestic fans which will no doubt hit the numbers travelling, and that is a big day out for them. 

But that’s the “true” yardstick of support - not the fact they had less Tues night at the Mem-onanism Ground than we took to Deepdale in 2015.

13 hours ago, pongo88 said:

I think the main trophy was for winning the 'Best flower bed in a football stadium' competition.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

They're all buzzing over getting to go to Loftus Road bless them. They'll soon find out what a dump it is... 

Compared to the minimal ground it will seem like the Ritz

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JBFC II said:

They're all buzzing over getting to go to Loftus Road bless them. They'll soon find out what a dump it is... 

Can't wait for the following from the boring blue:

We took more away fans to somewhere we haven't been in years.

QPR fans like us more.

QPR said we sang the loudest.

QPR said we had more fingers than you.

Edited by Kodjias Wrist
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Can't wait for the following from the boring blue:

We took more away fans to somewhere we haven't been in years.

QPR fans like us more.

QPR said we sang the loudest.

QPR said we had more fingers than you.

Yeah, here we go again...

QPR, another ground we visit practically every season. According to the Internet Rovers haven’t been there for 38 years. They’ll sell out their Cup Final, make some noise for once, then gloat that they take twice as many away as ‘da shit’...but they’ll obviously ignore the fact that for bread and butter away matches in the League they don’t make anywhere near the same effort. :laughcont:

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It again sums up the huge gap between the 2 clubs when they are coming in there pants about a team we have played most seasons in the last few years. They will rant a rave about it being a great little ground when we think it’s a dump .....

forever in our shadow

• Like 1