IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

8 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

This, posted on their forum....

" My season ticket is in there and it is okay. Slight teething problems though. They sold tickets for row M but it only goes up to row L. Thankfully there were plenty of spare seats. "

???

So he thinks it's good that there was "plenty of spare seats"? They do revel in their small club mentality don't they? Damn the economics, this is our little club and we like it that way.

11 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

They were asking “Whur r all you gurt Ted’s then?” on Saturday and they were all singing the blues, but as always, the gift immediately gives back. The ‘******* snake’ who we are supposed to be ‘spitting all over with hatred’ notches, we win 3-0, they lose and their tent is round the wrong way.

Yes we are still here Sags, you lost and you have got to swallow that bitter bitter snake pill again!!!! Fantastic!

You lot always shoot your bolt far too early. When will you ever learn? Tinpot. Mind the Gap!

Haha, you’ve got them down to a tee. All cocky and smug on Saturday night, giving it the big one because they scraped past Wycombe whilst our injury hit side lost to Middlesbrough. A few days later it’s a different story.

11 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Oh they had to hear the commentary and delight of snakey scoring.

Brilliant! They must have been voming with the intensity of the pain!

This.

I bet a few shat themselves in rage as well. 

11 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

9073 incl 1137 away fans. Equals 7936 fewers. Bloody electronic turnstiles.

Shameful for a L1 home match and further demonstrates that their support is actually pretty poor for club in a City the size of Bristol, despite what they claim.

Might be worth reminding them of this when they inevitably start bragging about taking more fans to QPR next week for their big Cup Final.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

Are there actually any other teams in the football league that have a tent as a stand?

Not sure on that, but I have come across this prototype for the new Rovers ground though. 

I have it on very good authority that this is Wally's favourite "top secret" proposal, and he is currently trying to get the family to give it the go ahead. That is where things may become difficult though, as they've only just bought him a new tent for the travelling circus.

Anyway, without further delay, here it is the new Rovers Ground concept:

Shelter-Sport-Tent-Sports-Arena-Indoor-Football-Court-Covered-Soccer-Field.jpg.4a00af9e3ae7d9885ccfe709e1c6142a.jpg

You need to change the nets obviously, but other than that it's good to go - and state of the art compared to the pile of crap currently in Horfield.

Edited by Taz

10 minutes ago, JackofromSanJavier said:

Thought he said "financially STITCHED" ????   ?️   ?️   ?️   

Financially stitched up!! He needs to leave, and I actually think that if/when he does, he'll do a hell of a lot better when he's actually given some money and decent facilities to play with.

Let's be fair, given the circumstances he's done a bloody good job at Ragass. Just hope that when he leaves to take up a new managerial role, it's not down at the dogs home!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

So he thinks it's good that there was "plenty of spare seats"? They do revel in their small club mentality don't they? Damn the economics, this is our little club and we like it that way.

There's also one in the thread about their Commercial Director working out the extra income it'll bring in. 

Firstly he overestimates the number of seats (and assumes they'll all be full) and then assumes they'll all be new supporters rather than fans moving from other parts of the ground. 

No wonder they're financially screwed...

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Gazred said:

Lawn looks in good nick, really goes well with the new shed. Could do with a shrubbery here or there though.

I imagine they'll need to get the pickups and caravans in and do some donuts on that grass...

They've been complaining that a decent pitch is screwing them as their players have to actually have skill (and it's why they're so awful away)

Couldn't make it up... 

54 minutes ago, redcherryberry said:

DC on radio last night said there financially stretched so it’s a case of one out and ‘maybe’ one in. He won’t be there much longer....

McLaren will get the poke Sunday after not beating Wigan so the dog fondler will hopefully be off to QPR Monday morning

3 minutes ago, B block said:

McLaren will get the poke Sunday after not beating Wigan so the dog fondler will hopefully be off to QPR Monday morning

Is he ambitious though? I think he is happy being managing these nothing clubs when there is little pressure on him.

5 minutes ago, B block said:

i don't think they'll sack him, they can't afford too, with the 42 million fine and transfer embargo, what manager would want to come in and worked like that with both hands tied, 

They should of kept the clown