IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

53 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

Been told this morning Wael's close to selling Rovers having met with new "investors" last night.

Clearly he's looked at the club and realised there's no new stadium potential (they even tried doing The Mem up and f***** that up), no new training ground and they're out of their training ground at the end of this season, and no hope at all.

Lets hope the new "investors" are as rich as the last ones ?

He didn't meet anyone last night. 

He had an email from a Nigerian Prince yesterday, who has promised to buy the club from him, and all he had to do was give him his bank details so that the Prince could have a real in depth look into the accounts.

He responded last night (I can see where your source got confused) with all the details, the Prince is happy, and Wally is just waiting for the money to come through before announcing the deal.

If it comes off we will be in trouble ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

• Admin
34 minutes ago, wood_red said:

Some Yanks were interested I was told a week ago, I just do not see why anyone would buy into them when they literally have no value to offer any potential buyer - unless it is a "proper" multi millionaire/billionaire. And if it was a proper billionaire they would be going elsewhere.

How about the chances there is a supporter akin to SL out there who is willing to invest?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Taz said:

He had an email from a Nigerian Prince yesterday, who has promised to buy the club from him, and all he had to do was give him his bank details so that the Prince could have a real in depth look into the accounts.

He responded last night (I can see where your source got confused) with all the details, the Prince is happy, and Wally is just waiting for the money to come through before announcing the deal.

I got the same email and it looked genuine to me ...

"I am Dr. Bakare Tunde, a Nigerian Prince and the cousin of Nigerian Astronaut, Air Force Major Nicolai Higgtse. He was the first African in space when he made a secret flight to the Salyut 6 space station in 1979. He was on a later Soviet spaceflight, Soyuz T-16Z to the secret Soviet military space station Salyut 8T in 1989. He was stranded there in 1990 when the Soviet Union was dissolved. His other Soviet crew members returned to earth on the Soyuz T-16Z, but his place was taken up by return cargo. There have been occasional Progrez supply flights to keep him going since that time. He is in good humor, but wants to come home to the Memorial Stadium.

In the 14-years since he has been on the station, he has accumulated flight pay and interest amounting to almost £15,000,000 GBP. This is held in a trust at the Horfield National Savings and Trust Association. If we can obtain access to this money, we can place a down payment with the Russian Space Authorities for a Soyuz return flight to bring him back to Earth. I am told this will cost £3,000,000 GBP. In order to access the his trust fund we need your assistance.

Consequently, my colleagues and I are willing to transfer the total amount to your account or subsequent disbursement, since we as civil servants are prohibited by the Code of Conduct Bureau (Civil Service Laws) from opening and/ or operating foreign accounts in our names.

Needless to say, the trust reposed on you at this juncture is enormous. In return, we have agreed to offer you 20 percent of the transferred sum, while 10 percent shall be set aside for incidental expenses (internal and external) between the parties in the course of the transaction. You will be mandated to remit the balance 70 percent to other accounts in due course."

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Taz said:

The poor Nigerian Prince is going to be disappointed..! 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Monkeh said:

Hamer, on borrowed money go bankrupt sell the mem for housing to "save" the club and rovers end up homeless as a phoenix club starting at the same level as Hereford 

They are so lucky they've got a Hamer to be honest... 

If they didn't how else would they Hamer in the tent pegs all over the Mem?

Song for the gas  .. *If we had a Hamer, we'd Hamer in the tent pegs, we'd Hamer in the tent pegs all over the ground..   ?

Edited by WhistleHappy
  • Haha 9

1 hour ago, Taz said:

The irony of this post is uncanny. 

Weal being the “Nigerian prince” and Rovers fans all being the gullible idiots who were crowing about receiving such a fortuitous email. 

It won’t be long before they “go to the cash point” and realise what’s happened..! 

• Like 1

Breaking news

All of their financial problems are over and the reason that Mr Wael has been evasive with answers and confidentiality has been revealed in the latest long term strategy.

Mr Wael has been waiting anxiously for the legal paperwork of a very secret deal to go through.

And today it has and here are the details.

About 3 months ago whilst on the orders of his mother and brothers he was taking one of the families camels to market, where Mr Wael met a man who offered him a deal involving the exchanging of the camel for a handful of magic beans and after an agonising wait worrying that the infidel Mr Lansdown would outbid him, but the deal has gone through.

Henbury gas will be supervising the planting of the beans at the Leper colony Almondsbury and Mr Wael will be ceremonially carried shoulder high from Almondsbury to Ikea Eastville, where the flat packs of the Gas latest stadium re build will be collected and delivered to the Memorial stadium, ready for a delay in erecting them because Henbury gas has been placed in charge of the instructions.

• Haha 8

3 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Breaking news

All of their financial problems are over and the reason that Mr Wael has been evasive with answers and confidentiality has been revealed in the latest long term strategy.

Mr Wael has been waiting anxiously for the legal paperwork of a very secret deal to go through.

About 3 months ago whilst on the orders of his mother and brothers he was taking one of the families camels to market, where Mr Wael met a man who offered him a deal involving the exchanging of the camel for a handful of magic beans and after an agonising wait worrying that the infidel Mr Lansdown would outbid him, but the deal has gone through.

Henbury gas will be supervising the planting of the beans at the Leper colony Almondsbury and Mr Wael will be ceremonially carried shoulder high from Almondsbury to Ikea Eastville, where the flat packs of the Gas latest stadium re build will be collected and delivered to the Memorial stadium, ready for a delay in erecting them because Henbury gas has been placed in charge of the instructions.

Because this is about Rovers, I can’t work out of it’s true or not..?! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Breaking news

Based on some of the optomistic comments on the Rovers forum, I think many of their supporters are on the magic mushrooms

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

Because this is about Rovers, I can’t work out of it’s true or not..?! 

Trust me it's true.

I was just helping Mrs Bung cleaning ornaments and whilst polishing an old lamp that we have, a genie popped out in puff of smoke and told me I had only one wish (because I should have given him a rub more often) and my wish was, what was going on with the Black Arabs.

Whats not to believe?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, phantom said:

How about the chances there is a supporter akin to SL out there who is willing to invest?

I guess there is a chance, I'd imagine it is almost infinitely small but there is a chance.

The trouble is, who would do it?  SL invested in us because of his Bristol connection, he would never have looked at us if he had come from somewhere else in the country. 

Are there any other Bristol or Bristol associated billionaires that are looking to waste some money on buying a sports team?

26 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Breaking news

shouldn't that  read 'instructions have been placed to charge henbury gas'  ???

52 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Trust me it's true.

I was just helping Mrs Bung cleaning ornaments and whilst polishing an old lamp that we have, a genie popped out in puff of smoke and told me I had only one wish (because I should have given him a rub more often) and my wish was, what was going on with the Black Arabs.

Whats not to believe?

IMG_0225.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Latest on the missing seats....

" I was in the shop yesterday. They have had to stop selling tickets for the South West Stand due to the problem with row M not existing. People who were allocated that row need to pick new seats, hence only season ticket holders allowed in. Girl in the shop was great, but I think they are under massive pressure trying to deal with a variety of problems."

The dirty bar steward !!!

27 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Latest on the missing seats....

" I was in the shop yesterday. They have had to stop selling tickets for the South West Stand due to the problem with row M not existing. People who were allocated that row need to pick new seats, hence only season ticket holders allowed in. Girl in the shop was great, but I think they are under massive pressure trying to deal with a variety of problems."

The dirty bar steward !!!

I’m genuinely expecting a press release, saying that fans allocated seats in Row M, are able to bring their own seat..! Camping chairs, patio chairs or tripod stools are all permitted, although anyone able to bring bench seating along will be rewarded with an out of date bag of crisps, as thanks for increasing the stadium capacity, if they are happy to budge up a bit, so that someone else can squeeze on. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1