IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Surely Cotts wouldn't touch that shower with a barge pole.

Very surprised if he did, reckon he genuinely dislikes them.

It's not as though they could offer him one positive thing about that ragass club to convince him is it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

It's not as though they could offer him one positive thing about that ragass club to convince him is it?

They did seem to take offence over one innocuous comment he made that could have been about any failing club didn`t they?

if they choose to self-identify as Ragass Rovers from down the road who are we to stop them?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

A tumbledown ground, no training facilities, no money and a bunch of dead heads as a team (and supporters).  Still Wally is a very nice man - maybe that might convince him ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Hollowhead returning far more likely - almost inevitable at some stage isn't it?

Even though the Rovers fans mercilessly hounded him out last time.

He may like to come back to the Mem to collect his brain, which I believe he left behind when he originally departed. I think it is still in their trophy room.

Edited by wendyredredrobin
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, wendyredredrobin said:

He may like to come back to the Mem to collect his brain, which I believe he left behind when he originally departed. I believe it is still in their trophy room.

When did he originally depart?

Wimbledon wasn't it, then again to QPR.

Couldn't wait to get away both times.

Lifelong 'gashead' (not sure the word even existed when he was a supporter) only when it suits him and to wind City fans up

He didn't seem to have a brain when he lined up against City, like a nutcase with no kernel.

20 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

And, more to the point, they`d hate him for the success he brought to us. If they did appoint him the divided reaction on OTIB when LJ was hired would be nothing in comparison to what their fans would be saying.

Imagine what their Neanderthals would be like if they went one down in his first home game.

If I were Cotts, I`d stick to doing me garden.

If they’d hate an ex City manager for bringing us success then why are they mentioning Gary Johnson as a possible replacement for DC?

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Does he? Brill! What makes you think Cotts ‘genuinely dislikes them’? I’d love to think it’s true....

Why not?

Because Gary has more sense than to risk his health trying to get something out of that lot. He`ll retire gracefully now if he`s got any sense and so he should before the stress kills him.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Because Gary has more sense than to risk his health trying to get something out of that lot. He`ll retire gracefully now if he`s got any sense and so he should before the stress kills him.

Whilst I totally agree with you I suspect he may well get another job in football, in the Bristol area...........

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

So it begins..???? Screenshot_20180827-090146_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a6056d2a3ade89df61ac21d85c28b9eb.jpg

Just imagine how exciting it’ll be for them though to go to such a modern, sparkling stadium like Loftus Road though.

Compared to the dump it’ll be like a palace for them, they’ll think they died and gone to heaven.

8 minutes ago, jimmyb said:

Just imagine how exciting it’ll be for them though to go to such a modern, sparkling stadium like Loftus Road though.

Compared to the dump it’ll be like a palace for them, they’ll think they died and gone to heaven.

All cup games are like that

Stay away followers go to cup games only, when playing higher division teams.

The GASH are at a championship team, for a change

Just another game for us

Glad we are out, to concentrate on the league, no more bookings, sending offs or injuries to carry over to the league

We had our fun last season

All the good teams play their weaker players, until the quarter finals

If we had gone through, we would be at QPR

And the GASH would have been at home to NORWICH

Enjoy the loss, and peanut money

league games are more important, over 46 games

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 22A said:

Rovers joined the League in the 1920's and over the next 94 years finished above City on just 26 occasions. They then dropped out of the League and since rejoining it have still remained below City. Should any gashead dispute this, the years are listed below.

1933, 34, 35, 37, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 then a twenty year gap to 1982, 83, 84, 89, 90, 92, 96 and the last time 2000

Don't forget; Rovers were bottom of the League in the 1938-39 season, but were re-elected. It does mean though that some gasheads would have regrettably (and I do mean that) died during WW2 knowing their team was the worst in the League.

They joined the League in 2015

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

The replacement for DC ... Gary Owers.

Done the non leagues, great relationship with a Championship academy, media friendly....

Wally doesn't understand local football.

The same Gary Owers that played for us? That'd go down well....

2 hours ago, weepywall said:

You just know at some stage after the game tonight you will hear " as I was walking back to the station I was chatting to some QPR fans and they said that we were the loudest fans ever to visit Loftus Rd, so much louder than the Gert Teds"

Hopefully, most will be too busy making excuses as to why they've just been hammered 7-0 

44 minutes ago, myol'man said:

It willll be interesting to see what the home attendance is tonight, I'm guessing less than 5,000 QPR fans

It was only 11,700 for our game - so I think 5k is about right . Perhaps they’re thinking they can go on a cup run like us .. it wouldn’t surprise me if they won as i think it'll be down to the team qpr put out .. 

12 hours ago, JBFC II said:

Apparently DC is a better manager than LJ because he has four promotions to his name. 

3 of those promotions were in non league and the fourth was in league 2, LJ has never managed below league one... 

The deluded ones keep on giving

Alex Ferguson only ever achieved one promotion in his career (with St Mirren) so DC is obviously far better than him.

• Like 2