IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, myol'man said:

Bar Celona (Kingswood's top nightspot) has closed down. I wonder why?

https://www.bristol247.com/news-and-features/news/kingswood-bar-shut-over-assaults-record/

They were only the assaults they heard about. Mate of mine got offered out by a doorman who is now doing a very long stretch, they employed whoever they wanted and never gave a sh1te about anything. Wouldn't be surprised if it was just a convenient money laundering place as same people involved in opening a shop then closing it then opening another etc. The "poor record keeping"as it is put is probably something to do with it as well. Very shady indeed.

Now back open as some music bar with extortionate prices to just get in, heard they want £15 entry some weeks!!! 

15 minutes ago, wood_red said:

They were only the assaults they heard about. Mate of mine got offered out by a doorman who is now doing a very long stretch, they employed whoever they wanted and never gave a sh1te about anything. Wouldn't be surprised if it was just a convenient money laundering place as same people involved in opening a shop then closing it then opening another etc. The "poor record keeping"as it is put is probably something to do with it as well. Very shady indeed.

Now back open as some music bar with extortionate prices to just get in, heard they want £15 entry some weeks!!! 

Yep, MJ's I believe. Strictly over 25's by all accounts. How long that rule will last if it loses money will be interesting to see.

It opened a couple of weeks ago and from what I gather it was a sort of invite only on the opening night. A friend and his missus had tickets and got refused entry at 1105 because it was 11pm deadline for entry!! 

To pay £15 entry to see some band in there is crazy, you get plenty of bands down the 02, Thekla, Louisiana etc etc all cheaper than that. Probably with a better atmosphere and set up better for bands. I have seen many in all of those places and many of them have been cheaper than that. Granted if it is someone you want to see etc that is different, but at least in town you are in town and can make a night of it. Leave MJs and you got the spoons (departure lounge) or a probable empty Chase downstairs if it is even open! Once a few people go in on a night out and don't like who they are seeing they won't be back. It is in a place for locals and not like a bar in town. I will be amazed if it is there in 2-3 years time, but good luck to them as think they will need it. 

7 minutes ago, wood_red said:

It opened a couple of weeks ago and from what I gather it was a sort of invite only on the opening night. A friend and his missus had tickets and got refused entry at 1105 because it was 11pm deadline for entry!! 

To pay £15 entry to see some band in there is crazy, you get plenty of bands down the 02, Thekla, Louisiana etc etc all cheaper than that. Probably with a better atmosphere and set up better for bands. I have seen many in all of those places and many of them have been cheaper than that. Granted if it is someone you want to see etc that is different, but at least in town you are in town and can make a night of it. Leave MJs and you got the spoons (departure lounge) or a probable empty Chase downstairs if it is even open! Once a few people go in on a night out and don't like who they are seeing they won't be back. It is in a place for locals and not like a bar in town. I will be amazed if it is there in 2-3 years time, but good luck to them as think they will need it. 

Spot on. I go to the tribute nights at Centuries now and again. Much cheaper and a great atmosphere. I also can't see this working although, like you, I wish them luck.

10 minutes ago, wood_red said:

Did Dean Windass get an invite?

#gaslegend 

Edited by myol'man

17 hours ago, JBFC II said:

Apparently DC is a better manager than LJ because he has four promotions to his name. 

3 of those promotions were in non league and the fourth was in league 2, LJ has never managed below league one... 

The deluded ones keep on giving

Although to be fair, it’s not easy managing non league players, they often have other priorities in their lives and motivating them consistently is a real challenge - so four promotions is still an achievement in my view...

9 hours ago, weepywall said:

You just know at some stage after the game tonight you will hear " as I was walking back to the station I was chatting to some QPR fans and they said that we were the loudest fans ever to visit Loftus Rd, so much louder than the Gert Teds"

Yep but QPR love the gas as Penrice, Devon White, Holloway, Dennis Bailey, Gary Waddock, Andy Tillson, Steve Yates, Gerry Francis, Jamie Cureton etc played for both of them...

Edited by BS4 on Tour...

19 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Although to be fair, it’s not easy managing non league players, they often have other priorities in their lives and motivating them consistently is a real challenge - so four promotions is still an achievement in my view...

It is an achievement.

And LJ will be lucky to get 4 promotions on his CV.

Granted, he would have to go some to get 'relegated to the conference' on there as well, but if it makes the Fewers happy....

• Like 1

I see the best, loudest fans in the league are currently behind Sunderland, Portsmouth, Bradford, Barnsley, Coventry, Plymouth and Charlton in the average attendances in league 1, must be the lack of a row M in the new tent keeping the crowds down and also the state of the art turnstile system that seems to be putting quite a few off, these things take time I suppose. 

• Haha 2

On 24/08/2018 at 14:33, RedLionLad said:

Latest on the missing seats....

" I was in the shop yesterday. They have had to stop selling tickets for the South West Stand due to the problem with row M not existing. People who were allocated that row need to pick new seats, hence only season ticket holders allowed in.

Just what they need to accommodate their non-existent fans.

• Haha 2

They're self congratulating themselves already over on gaschat for their mahoosive support!

I notice they're also saying that Loftus road would be a blueprint for any rebuild of the methane pit. 2 problems with that, they haven't got a pot to piss in plus Loftus road is a shithole!!

Bless ;)

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Haha 1