WH puts hand up... 

" Please Sir,  the Battle of Hastings ? ''

… ''umm,  The Great Fire Of London, Sir ? "

… " ohh,  was it the Signing of The Magna Carta, ? "

… '' phew, erm, Battle Of The Somme, Miss ? "

Oh bollocks I don't know, I give up, '' is it nearly playtime yet teach? "   

17 minutes ago, alexukhc said:

0663627F-1728-42EA-9DD2-41ADB1F34774.jpeg

He managed to set up a certain Korey Smith goal against a certain Man United live on Sky with all the Sags watching though. That was priceless, and how much did it earn us as a club??

Also can you ask him for Nicholls record please who cost them even more - 39 games with ONE goal last season wasn't it ?

22 minutes ago, alexukhc said:

OK this has to be one of the more bizarre arguments I have ever seen even by the normal gashead standards. Obviously not being part of the Twitterati I can't see what he is replying to, but lets take it on face value.

1. He appears to be paying homage to the Chelsea Manager in his name, yet another of the "faithful" who has a second team then?

2. Why is he obsessed with Matt Taylor on a night they got thrashed by QPR reserves?

3. Does he know Bodin is no longer at the club?

4. I don't know much about their coming and goings, but I believe that Bodin was already there, so not Taylors replacement?

5. I think they replaced him with Tom Nicholls a player who, in a similar number of games as Taylor, but at a lower level, has only once managed to hit a cows arse with a banjo..

6. I wish I could ruin my career by tripling my wages. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, wood_red said:

He managed to set up a certain Korey Smith goal against a certain Man United live on Sky with all the Sags watching though. That was priceless, and how much did it earn us as a club??

Also can you ask him for Nicholls record please who cost them even more - 39 games with ONE goal last season wasn't it ?

As a result of Smiths winner we got roughly 600k in gate reciepts from the 2 Man City games, and some prize money.

So Taylors assist indirectly brought in the best part of 700k.

He was also the difference maker against Stoke and scored our equaliser agaisnt Palace.

He played a huge part in the cup run, and more than brought in the money he cost.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, alexukhc said:

Hmmm......

Just how did the blue few invest that £10m for Matty Taylor? Say what? Only £300k....? Oh......

And that Bodin fella.....he's been ripping up the Championship with....Preston you say? Oh......

Back to back away wins in the Championship, one a newly relegated Premier League club, the other a comprehensive 3-0 defeat of a team that have just dicked the blue fewers 3-1 with a B team. Oh.....

I know which end of the deal i'm happiest with. #COYR #OTIB

• Like 2

7 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

As a result of Smiths winner we got roughly 600k in gate reciepts from the 2 Man City games, and some prize money.

He was also the difference maker against Stoke and scored our equaliser agaisnt Palace.

He played a huge part in the cup run, and more than brought in the money he cost.

And he has also had bad luck with injuries.

5 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Too many fans in the away end?

81A82055-E5A3-4EAA-96C9-964660B03A15.png

thats funny as the photo's show seats everywhere and the 1650 capacity up tier about 2/3rds full,

It's not like rovers to make up attendances I mean they always take a huge following, "its what we do" as they say

1750 is a decent following on a midweek.

Yes it was £15,

Yes it was London,

Yes it was the first time they'd been there in getting on for 40 years,

Yes it was their cup final,

But for a small club that barely scapes 8,000 for home games,  that's good. ;)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 1960maaan said:

1750 is a decent following on a midweek.

Yes it was £15,

Yes it was London,

Yes it was the first time they'd been there in getting on for 40 years,

Yes it was their cup final,

But for a small club that barely scapes 8,000 for home games,  that's good. ;)

they were only given 1238 tickets according to QPR

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

What you forgot to mention is that performances against Prem sides lead to 9 million for Bobby and 7 million for Joe .

( Not that we are short of cash ) 

7 minutes ago, Forever Red 94 said:

The second last paragraph has to be a joke?! ???

05524D6B-7591-4414-8BB2-4FE5D5D63A08.png

back in 1990 yes I'd agree with that but not now,

The longer we are above them and light years ahead of them off the field the bigger the gap between the fan bases grow,

They have topped out at 8k avg and its slowly declining while ours continues to grow and has hit 20k avg,

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

The longer we are above them and light years ahead of them off the field the bigger the gap between the fan bases grow,

They have topped out at 8k avg and its slowly declining while ours continues to grow and has hit 20k avg,

......and most of their fans know this. Quite a few have voiced their concerns about future attendances. 

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

I wasn’t born until 94 so all my memories of being a city fan the gas have been below us and had a shit fan base, can always rely on them to come out with something stupid and make my day working with a few gas heads more enjoyable though ?