IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

All this attendance chat really is hilarious.

Ultimately they could have taken 10k; end result is their team comprehensively lost to the (full 11 changes) second string of a struggling Championship team.

We could have taken the sum total of one man and a sausage roll when we visited, but at least our currently midtable Championship team well beat QPR’s first team, and will play them again later in the year too.

If I were a sag (perish the thought...) I’d be far more concerned over my side improving its currently poor league form and building towards getting out of the league it’s in than comparing gate sizes with us.

As I said before; we can start this pointless dick measuring over gates once QPR away is a routine league game for them every year as it is for us, not a glamorous once-in-a-generation cup tie like yesterday was for them.

And it they want a better comparison on that front? How many did we take to Man City last year? Seems their second round QPR game had the same level of meaning to them as our semi-final in the same competition last year against the Premiership leaders for all the noise they made about it before hand.

Never has the phrase ‘mind the gap’ seemed more appropriate.

• Like 9

37 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Looks like gaslogic has returned... 

Although I guess if you take the attendance at Cheddar last night, rovers probably did have more than twice as many fans as us for a midweek fixture... 

Screenshot_20180829-074151.png

Yeah, and they had 3 times more fans than us at Molineux last year as well....although on this occasion someone is clearly struggling with basic maths and possibly English.

Still, it’s amazing what cheap tickets, higher League opposition and the novelty value of a ground you haven’t visited for 4 decades will do for your travelling support. I wonder if they’ll take that many fans to grounds they visit every year in the League, like Gillingham or Bradford for example?....

Was their game available on Sky like ours was?

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Premiership fan base. That’s absolutely amazing. 

Bournemouth get around 10/11k at home, so maybe that's what he is referring to? 

1 minute ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Yeah, and they had 3 times more fans than us at Molineux last year as well....although on this occasion someone is clearly struggling with basic maths and possibly English.

Still, it’s amazing what cheap tickets, higher League opposition and the novelty value of a ground you haven’t visited for 4 decades will do for your travelling support. 

No, not on sky or anything... 

But still, they are obviously massive

51 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

they were only given 1238 tickets according to QPR

Ahhh , you see , I took the figure from their website (and the Post ) but forgot to divide by G*slogic ( delusion x bitterness + stupidity)

Edited by 1960maaan

53 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Still, it’s amazing what cheap tickets, higher League opposition and the novelty value of a ground you haven’t visited for 4 decades will do for your travelling support. I wonder if they’ll take that many fans to grounds they visit every year in the League, like Gillingham or Bradford for example?....

And to be fair QPR’s Stand is easy to look full and cramped with no view isn’t it, you don’t have to have many fans in there to do that.

1 hour ago, samo II said:

All this attendance chat really is hilarious.

Ultimately they could have taken 10k; end result is their team comprehensively lost to the (full 11 changes) second string of a struggling Championship team.

We could have taken the sum total of one man and a sausage roll when we visited, but at least our currently midtable Championship team well beat QPR’s first team, and will play them again later in the year too.

If I were a sag (perish the thought...) I’d be far more concerned over my side improving its currently poor league form and building towards getting out of the league it’s in than comparing gate sizes with us.

As I said before; we can start this pointless dick measuring over gates once QPR away is a routine league game for them every year as it is for us, not a glamorous once-in-a-generation cup tie like yesterday was for them.

And it they want a better comparison on that front? How many did we take to Man City last year? Seems their second round QPR game had the same level of meaning to them as our semi-final in the same competition last year against the Premiership leaders for all the noise they made about it before hand.

Never has the phrase ‘mind the gap’ seemed more appropriate.

7k wasn't it or was it 5k?

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

thats funny as the photo's show seats everywhere and the 1650 capacity up tier about 2/3rds full,

It's not like rovers to make up attendances I mean they always take a huge following, "its what we do" as they say

One or two clowns over on gaschast really made me laugh-moaning about how shit a ground Loftus Road is.....

Shown in comparison,as dated as Loftus Road assuredly is it's Wembley next to the 'tented village!

23 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Even their bloody official account is BS'ing!

1,750 fans? Well we know that top tier holds 1,800, and even in their own pictures there it looks about half full.

In fact if you look at our away lot here there looks like there is more of us!

And they were very quiet, according to one of the pigshaggers themselves.

29 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

7k wasn't it or was it 5k?

24 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

I seem to remember us taking more to man city (a cup final for us) then they got at home on the following saturday 

You're being unfair Monkeh, we took just under 8,000 to the Etihad and the next home game at the house of tents was 9k.

They still beat us :whistle:

5 hours ago, David Brent said:

Matty Taylor is probably their greatest ever player (it’s why we had to pay £10M to get him, allegedly..)The fact he hasn’t scored so many should remind them just how big the gap is. 

The gap is so big, is it even a gap anymore? ?

Not so much a gap more a chasm. 

2 hours ago, samo II said:

They are working on this!

As it currently stands they are looking to get out of league one by heading back into league two.  

3 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

1750 is a decent following on a midweek.

Yes it was £15,

Yes it was London,

Yes it was the first time they'd been there in getting on for 40 years,

Yes it was their cup final,

But for a small club that barely scapes 8,000 for home games,  that's good. ;)

It’s true. If they were t say “for a low-to-middling third-tier team, our support is decent”, there would be very little we could argue with. Trouble is, they cannot stop there and it morphs into “we could out sing the kop/have more fans than Real Madrid/are beloved everywhere we go”*. 

*Delete as appropriate. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

I seem to remember us taking more to man city (a cup final for us) then they got at home on the following saturday 

In our promotion season, we took more away to MK Dons that they had for one of their home fixtures that season. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

It’s true. If they were t say “for a low-to-middling third-tier team, our support is decent”, there would be very little we could argue with. Trouble is, they cannot stop there and it morphs into “we could out sing the kop/have more fans than Real Madrid/are beloved everywhere we go”*. 

*Delete as appropriate. 

Exactly! 

Once they stop comparing themselves to far bigger clubs they *might* justifiably win some arguments. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reddie The Eagle Edwards said:

Does anyone have a copy of the “Mind the cash” photoshops that they circulated when the messiah wally took charge?!

image.jpeg.bbd48c72b09fe4d7200de701bfe0c76b.jpeg

You might have to crop out my Stadium comparison on the left but the image on the right was around social media at the time the Al Qadis took over.

They really don’t help themselves, do they?

• Haha 5

25 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

image.jpeg.bbd48c72b09fe4d7200de701bfe0c76b.jpeg

You might have to crop out my Stadium comparison on the left but the image on the right was around social media at the time the Al Qadis took over.

They really don’t help themselves, do they?

Here is the 2018 version....

D36BFFF7-D961-4A1A-B4F6-89BA041E56E5.jpeg

• Like 1