IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

10 hours ago, MC26 said:

Exactly! 

Once they stop comparing themselves to far bigger clubs they *might* justifiably win some arguments. 

Spot on! Recent splutterings from the Blue Few include ‘they are a bigger club than Norwich’ and their home support is ‘comparable to Liverpool, West Ham and Leeds’ - will they ever learn? And they say City fans think our club is ‘massive’ - I’ve genuinely never heard a fellow City fan say we follow a ‘massive’ club....they really don’t help themselves with their ridiculous proclamations....

• Like 3

4 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

So they’ve signed a LB from basement league Stevenage who can’t get in the team to be their first choice left back ? ???????????????

...and they’ve signed this guy on loan for the season....cracking CV.... https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Bonham

...wonder if he’s any good on the drums?!

Edited by BS4 on Tour...

11 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Or perhaps a John Bull printing set. (Apologies to anyone under 50 as they won’t know what this is.)

I had many minutes of fun with one of those when I younger,and I mean minutes.

Reserve Team

gaschatter Avatar

Member is Online

Posting Level

Next Level in 387 posts
34 minutes ago via mobile
Post Options

Post by gaschatter on 34 minutes ago

I lost admiration for this guy long ago - my signed autobiography and shirt at home used to be treasures but felt have meaningless to me for an age now. Just a journeyman manager that can’t cut it at the highest level, is bitter and is now out of touch. Time for the retirement home! ?

22 minutes ago, wood_red said:

Reserve Team

gaschatter Avatar

Member is Online

Posting Level

Next Level in 387 posts
34 minutes ago via mobile
Post Options

Post by gaschatter on 34 minutes ago

I lost admiration for this guy long ago - my signed autobiography and shirt at home used to be treasures but felt have meaningless to me for an age now. Just a journeyman manager that can’t cut it at the highest level, is bitter and is now out of touch. Time for the retirement home! ?

Yeah, until he comes back as the messiah............. ?

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I don't know why he is upset, just shows that Holloway is a typical gashead. He professes undying love for the club, but secretly ***** off to support a bigger club when he thinks no one is looking.

As I said above Hollowhead the player left Rovers for Wimbledon, then QPR without a 2nd thought. Couldn't wait to get away.

He's like numerous Bristolians I've met over the years, professes to be a 'lifelong gashead'  when it suits him but actually lost active interest in them long ago.

These Rovers 'fans' haven't attended a game in years but remain fiercely anti City and that is their only real interest in local football - a strong and abiding hatred of Bristol City FC., and a yearning to see us fail.

These bitter old (ex.) sags wish us ill far more than they wish Rovers well.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

As I said above Hollowhead the player left Rovers for Wimbledon, then QPR without a 2nd thought. Couldn't wait to get away.

He's like numerous Bristolians I've met over the years, professes to be a 'lifelong gashead'  when it suits him but actually lost active interest in them long ago.

These Rovers 'fans' haven't attended a game in years but remain fiercely anti City and that is their only real interest in local football - a strong and abiding hatred of Bristol City FC., and a yearning to see us fail.

These bitter old (ex.) sags wish us ill far more than they wish Rovers well.

I know a few Sags who have admitted it is all about our score rather than theirs because "we know we are shoite". Yes we take the pee but I don't know any who would see their score as important as ours.

What was great last week after speaking to one of them in the week was our goal at Swansea was already going around their ground before they even kicked off - superb! Already fuming before a ball was kicked....

20 minutes ago, SimonR said:

We still need an emoji to represent henbury sag. I think a Bull with a large steaming pile behind it would be Ideal. As in  "Thats a load of henbury" "thats a steaming pile of henbury" and so on.

This is the logo he uses for his computing consultancy for all his prestigious customers including Ashton Gate ...

logo2.png

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, TwoSheds said:

Don't forget the banner over the M32 when City played Hull in the play off final, Don't forget when Ashton Vale was put forward as a host for World cup matches every club in the Southwest supported City's bid except one. I for one want them to go out of business. 

Re the banner: That was probably just payback for 1990. Karma and all that. Sorry. 

As for Ashton Vale, that really did show them in their true colours - hosting World Cup games would have been a massive boost for all Bristolians, the city as a whole, the wider region.  Yet the gAssholes were only interested in petty, small-minded points scoring - utterly pathetic and utterly typical.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Re the banner: That was probably just payback for 1990. Karma and all that. Sorry. 

As for Ashton Vale, that really did show them in their true colours - hosting World Cup games would have been a massive boost for all Bristolians, the city as a whole, the wider region.  Yet the gAssholes were only interested in petty, small-minded points scoring - utterly pathetic and utterly typical.

Won’t be an issue when we get the World Cup next time, they will be extinct 

2 hours ago, TwoSheds said:

Don't forget the banner over the M32 when City played Hull in the play off final, Don't forget when Ashton Vale was put forward as a host for World cup matches every club in the Southwest supported City's bid except one. I for one want them to go out of business. 

Seconded

• Like 2