IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

5 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

You should've heard Holloway on TalkSport on the opening day v Forest as he was at AG doing co-commentary. He was absolutely raving about the facilities and atmosphere at AG. Said he was desperate for City to make the Premier League (he's presumably given up all hope of the other lot doing it). It's the first time I've heard him speak and felt he genuinely sounded like he wished us well. Can't really blame him for not wanting to be associated with the other lot anymore, just a complete embarrassment to him I'd imagine.

I have been told before that Bill Holloway (his dad and former Longwell Green FC President) was a City season ticket holder and Ian used to go with him. Only swapped to blue and white when he signed for the gas as a schoolboy. Anyone know if that is true.

5 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

I have been told before that Bill Holloway (his dad and former Longwell Green FC President) was a City season ticket holder and Ian used to go with him. Only swapped to blue and white when he signed for the gas as a schoolboy. Anyone know if that is true.

Have heard that Holloway has been a more frequent visitor to AG than he may have let on in the past, yes. 

Still think he bloody hated us for years though.

I remember him telling the story about when he signed as a schoolboy for Rovers. City offered him a deal as well. He went to Rovers and they offered him hardly any money, said he'd have to clean his boots etc but if he worked hard and did as he was told he'd make it in the game. Went to City who offered him much more money, he'd have someone cleaning his boots etc but he found the whole experience very impersonal so signed for Rovers. 

So had our youth system been slightly different at the time he could've easily ended up at City... interestingly until recently you'll still hear parents saying similar things about our academy as well, some still preferring the coaches at Rovers...

Holloway has always been Rovers, my old man used to play county football with him & lived on the same road, Holloways mum still lives there. My dad was playing for the u16s at the time, Holloway was in the same team when he was 12. 

Edited by Unan

43 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

Bill was a top bloke, and a massive footy fan (but I honestly can't remember him being a City fan) - I played football with Ian for some time at Longwell Green and North Avon when we were kids (under 12's etc) - Trust me even then he was hell of a player BUT my best memory was at Secondary School when I scored a Hat Trick for my school (Broadlands Keynsham) against SBL who Ian was playing for AND I sure made a point during the game of my 3 goal achievement to him

• Like 1

Most of them on sag chat are slating Holloway Like mad, giving it large,he wasn’t that import etc and how Dc is a far better legend

dont get me wrong I don’t like the gas but for crying out loud talk about turning on your own? One clown even suggesting the current teams better than the side Holloway played in

whateverthe f?@k that lot are on they should bottle it and sell it

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

You should've heard Holloway on TalkSport on the opening day v Forest as he was at AG doing co-commentary. He was absolutely raving about the facilities and atmosphere at AG. Said he was desperate for City to make the Premier League (he's presumably given up all hope of the other lot doing it). It's the first time I've heard him speak and felt he genuinely sounded like he wished us well. Can't really blame him for not wanting to be associated with the other lot anymore, just a complete embarrassment to him I'd imagine.

Still so. Their player and manager not ours.

1 hour ago, Unan said:

Holloway has always been Rovers, my old man used to play county football with him & lived on the same road, Holloways mum still lives there. My dad was playing for the u16s at the time, Holloway was in the same team when he was 12. 

Sadly his mum passed away earlier this year.

14 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

And the most irrelevant club in England. 

This. I will go one further. Moron FC are the most irrelevant in World Football. 

To be second best to a club, that has bounced between 2nd and 3rd division football, and yet still be worse!!

They are like Port Fail ... But Port Fail I would presume, don't think they have superior "loyal and True" fans  louder than the kop, and feel they are on a  par with Leeds.

Edited by WayOutWest
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, WayOutWest said:

They are like Port Fail ... But Port Fail I would presume, don't think they have superior "loyal and True" fans  louder than the kop, and feel they are on a  par with Leeds.

I bet Port Vale don’t give Stoke City as many ‘gifts’ as the slags give us on a regular basis.

If they’re not erecting a new tent or getting mugged off by the owners, their small band of deluded supporters are comparing themselves to some of England’s biggest clubs.

The fickle idiots can’t even manage to scrape 8k home fans for a L1 match after they’ve spent most of the last 20 years in the basement. 

....and they say we’ve got delusions of grandeur?

3 hours ago, WayOutWest said:

This. I will go one further. Moron FC are the most irrelevant in World Football. 

To be second best to a club, that has bounced between 2nd and 3rd division football, and yet still be worse!!

Port Vale play in a proper stadium too.

Rovers could only dream of something like this..

https://www.footballgroundguide.com/leagues/england/league-two/vale-park-port-vale.html

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I bet Port Vale don’t give Stoke City as many ‘gifts’ as the slags give us on a regular basis.

If they’re not erecting a new tent or getting mugged off by the owners, their small band of deluded supporters are comparing themselves to some of England’s biggest clubs.

The fickle idiots can’t even manage to scrape 8k home fans for a L1 match after they’ve spent most of the last 20 years in the basement. 

....and they say we’ve got delusions of grandeur?

They are stuck in the 1970's as in the last century, much like their weird kit, going on about how big a club they are & on a par with the likes of Norwich City but in reality its more like Northwich Victoria.  

Keep believing how great you are; meanwhile, in the real world, every other club is moving on and leaving you far, far behind.

8 hours ago, WayOutWest said:

Not only that but by splitting the local support and investment they are actually preventing a Bristolian team being near the top of English football with all the benefits that would bring to our city.

They are actually a stain, a total embarrassment, a liability.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Not only that but by splitting the local support and investment they are actually preventing a Bristolian team being near the top of English football with all the benefits that would bring to our city.

They are actually a stain, a total embarrassment, a liability.

They're just dragging us down, irrelevant as they are ...............wish they'd go ******* bust !

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1