IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

25 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

P*ss taking aside, they do have a pretty decent manager, and the second Darrell Clarke goes, they are absolutely fooked.

He is the one part of that club which cannot leave, and given he is clearly frustrated and not being backed, if the right club comes along he is going to be off.

Yet another potential bit of hilarity to go alongside the looming financial implosion which could occur this season.

He will stay there until sacked, I am not sure if he's afraid or just has zero ambition, but being at Rovers with no money and a plethora of valid excuses seems to suit him fine. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fiale said:

He will stay there until sacked, I am not sure if he's afraid or just has zero ambition, but being at Rovers with no money and a plethora of valid excuses seems to suit him fine. 

I disagree to be honest. He won't get sacked because they can't afford to sack him. Only reason he hasn't gone is because he hasn't had any serious offers yet in my opinion, except for Leeds which I don't blame him at all for dodging.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JustinCider said:

Seriously, how much would you think DC's salary would be?

Naff all. But they haven't got a pot to p*ss in.

Even if he was on just 1k a week, that's over £200k left over his contract. I know it's not quite how it works but when they have no money it's not exactly an option they have.

Edited by nebristolred

13 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Even if he was on just 1k a week, that's over £200k left over his contract. I know it's not quite how it works but when they have no money it's not exactly an option they have.

He’ll be on more than £1k per week, even the Tenters would have to pay a Manager between £3-5k per week......which only makes his job even safer!!!!! They won’t be paying £750k compensation packages any time soon.

13 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

The contracts don't really work like that though. They say it's a 2, 3, 5 year contract but they will have release clauses in them for either party which would be maybe a years salary compensation if the manager is sacked or they leave for another club. TBH even the Cheltenham job though a league lower would be better long term prospect than Rovers currently.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

If they sack him they will still pay him every month until he finds a new job. It is at that point that an agreement is usually made to rip up his contract. 

Why would a club, even one with cash flow issues, pay the remainder of his contract up instantly? It doesn't make any sense to. 

It’s mandatory in the Prem to pay up immediately. Not in the EFL.

46 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

He’ll be on more than £1k per week, even the Tenters would have to pay a Manager between £3-5k per week......which only makes his job even safer!!!!! They won’t be paying £750k compensation packages any time soon.

From the littleI do know about how much football managers get paid (and the numbers are not usually in the public domain), I would concur with this statement.  They also usually incorporate bonuses e.g. for promotion on top though.

59 minutes ago, Fiale said:

The contracts don't really work like that though. They say it's a 2, 3, 5 year contract but they will have release clauses in them for either party which would be maybe a years salary compensation if the manager is sacked or they leave for another club. TBH even the Cheltenham job though a league lower would be better long term prospect than Rovers currently.

Oh absolutely. But point still stands, it wouldn’t surprise me at all if they literally cannot afford to sack him

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

And their other problem if they did sack him is who would want to take on that poison chalice?

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

Anyone who fancies 3k a week I imagine.....

Very true Vincent. There are always more unemployed managers than employed managers in football. As Bob Dylan said:

“When you ain't got nothing, you got nothing to lose”

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pride of the west said:

If they sack him they will still pay him every month until he finds a new job. It is at that point that an agreement is usually made to rip up his contract. 

Why would a club, even one with cash flow issues, pay the remainder of his contract up instantly? It doesn't make any sense to. 

Would depend on the break clauses in his contract and what was agreed when it was signed.

Given the leaks surrounding the Snake and his release clause, I don't for one moment imagine they have put too much thought to it.

Been to a party tonight, celebrating the life of a gas friend who unfortunately left us a month or so ago and got chatting to a few Banjo diehards. Their consensus is that DC wants to be sacked! These guys went to Shrewsbury so who am I to doubt them? They also feel, without a takeover, they are fooked!

Shame eh!! ;)

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Been to a party tonight, celebrating the life of a gas friend who unfortunately left us a month or so ago and got chatting to a few Banjo diehards. Their consensus is that DC wants to be sacked! These guys went to Shrewsbury so who am I to doubt them? They also feel, without a takeover, they are fooked!

Shame eh!! ;)

Flowers there. What about A . Price . Or D Langdon . 

9 minutes ago, Flounder said:

I suspect were were in the same year a the Sir Bernard Lovell Penitentiary. Not all gas in Cadbury Heath then!

Na . Worked with them for a number of years for a window company. 

Quite a lot of city over there. Especially in the Billy. My brothers drink in their. As do quite a few season ticket holders. CAF

Some delusional has started yet another thread on CH4Drivel about the new stadium and UWE taking over the Mem for student housing. I lost the will to live but 'Marvin the Mare' is involved too (even though UWE ain't in Bristol).

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/12853/uwe-marvin-bristol-rovers

Meanwhile in more plausible news Lord Lucan and Shergar have been found sharing a house in Knowle West.