IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

7 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

I think the difference is it would be Scotty doing it in a personal capacity. Doing it officially from the club looks a bit classless...

In fairness tho.. They tweeted whether we would be showing the 2nd round of the league cup at the Gate after they went through and we got beat by that team the stole their shite song from... If they can dish it out (in an official capacity) they have to take it in equal measure.

• Like 1

On 03/09/2018 at 19:53, Tomarse said:

If they ever go into administration  they’ll magically never mention 1982 ever again - ironically they’d survive using the same procedure we set a precedence for many other clubs to follow.  

.....and if they told their players they needed eight volunteers to tear up their contracts to save da gas.....about 25 hands would immediately shoot upwards into the air ..... the ones in tears would be the ones who had to stay.....

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, 54-46 said:

Indeed. I’ve asked @JulieH several times for an update but am continually ignored

She can't tell you can she though; data protection and all that nonsense.

Even if he was bang to rights and received an official caution she wouldn't come on here and say it.

I suspect she ripped him apart and he wet himself with fear but no further action as long as he stops telling such awful lies.

Guns spiked as far as that peddler of shite is concerned.

8 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Bryan's only gone and slapped it on his Instagram as well. He's left off the "mind the gap" stuff but still whacked his goal up.

On that - 5 years ago which of those two goalscorers would you have backed to play in the premier league first?

Probably JET - seeing as he had already played in the premier league - for Arsenal in 2010 vs Chelsea....

1 hour ago, B block said:

The only club where a fan starts an auction for his season ticket but with the price going down and that’s with a half price starting tag

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/12873/season-ticket-highest-tonight-secures

At least some of them have a good sense of humour:

“No longer will fans be able to tear up their season tickets
and throw them in disgust at the manager/directors.
We'll all have to carry nail scissors (offensive weapons?)
and snip them into little pieces.”

Can we give this a rest? Majority of the 791 pages on this thread is just squashing an insect that’s already dead. Why bother? 

I don’t get any satisfaction out of it, hence I never really post in here as it’s a sad place.

Bristol Rugby getting involved on social media too I see? Anybody would think we’ve been above Real Madrid for 18 years.

Screw ‘em . Let them fall out of the league again.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Can we give this a rest? Majority of the 791 pages on this thread is just squashing an insect that’s already dead. Why bother? 

I don’t get any satisfaction out of it, hence I never really post in here as it’s a sad place.

Bristol Rugby getting involved on social media too I see? Anybody would think we’ve been above Real Madrid for 18 years.

Sad?! Football is traditionally tribal and largely built on, and sustained by, local rivalries.....it’s a vital part of being a fan in this country...well, to everyone except you it seems....this ain’t a ‘sad place’ - it’s hilarious.....if you don’t like the ‘rivalry’ aspect of football don’t visit the thread and don’t post...yet you did both....

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

http://gasheads.org/thread/7651/waq-interview?page=9

Can someone explain to me how a hypothetical arena and a stadium for them are the same thing? Surely the footprint / floor space of an arena is far too small for a football pitch? 

Three stadia to compare the footprint of; gas, City then a stadium at Bristol, Virginia. At least AG offers a roof and isn't too far from the pitch. Virginia  = Eastville on steroids!

Image result for bristol stadium

See the source image

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Sad?! Football is traditionally tribal and largely built on, and sustained by, local rivalries.....it’s a vital part of being a fan in this country...well, to everyone except you it seems....this ain’t a ‘sad place’ - it’s hilarious.....if you don’t like the ‘rivalry’ aspect of football don’t visit the thread and don’t post...yet you did both....

I’ve visited the thread because it’s at the top of postings virtually every time I come online here. Just wanted to share my thoughts and I have.

Ta muchly.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 22A said:

Three stadia to compare the footprint of; gas, City then a stadium at Bristol, Virginia. At least AG offers a roof and isn't too far from the pitch. Virginia  = Eastville on steroids!

See the source image

Does a ticket at Virginia come with a pair of binoculars so you can actually watch the game?

Edited by JamesBCFC

7 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

I’ve visited the thread because it’s at the top of postings virtually every time I come online here. Just wanted to share my thoughts and I have.

Ta muchly.

I'm not having a go but there are two reason this thread is so prominent:

1. The vast number of ludicrous pratfalls emanating from that club.
  2. That all Rovers' threads get merged into this one and have done so for ?five years

All clubs' fans talk about their local rivals.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Does a ticket at Virginia come with a pair of binoculars so you can actually watch the game?

That's not Virgina Tech's stadium but the aptly named,162,000 seater, Bristol Motor Speedway in Tennessee.

Not sure why they've photoshoped the football pitch in there, perhaps just to show how huge the place is. 2 of Rovers 'stands' can be seen near the bottom of the picture to also help with the scale.

42 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Take it for what it is. Its no more than taking the pi55 out of your inferior neighbours. Its given me some great laughs. Lighten up.

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Even if he was bang to rights and received an official caution she wouldn't come on here and say it.

I suspect she ripped him apart and he wet himself with fear but no further action as long as he stops telling such awful lies.

Not too sure how the DPA works in cases such as this

We all knew he was meeting with the police and he was pretty vocal letting all his Gas chums about this

Not sure why Julie can’t say something to let us know that there is categorically nothing for BCFC to concern themselves with and the case is closed, for example

37 minutes ago, In the Net said:

I don't know him, or any of the people who were mentioned, so I have no idea whether he is or not.

Do you not make inferences based upon common sense, especially when you aren’t entitled to clarification? 

2 hours ago, 54-46 said:

Indeed. I’ve asked @JulieH several times for an update but am continually ignored

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

16 minutes ago, 54-46 said:

Not too sure how the DPA works in cases such as this

We all knew he was meeting with the police and he was pretty vocal letting all his Gas chums about this

Not sure why Julie can’t say something to let us know that there is categorically nothing for BCFC to concern themselves with and the case is closed, for example

I thought there was a summary given by @JulieH on the other thread that was started around that time? Or did I imagine it?

EDIT: This is what she posted on July 23rd,

As requested an update:

1) as previously stated I visited henbury gas in company with another football officer before we popped down to wsm for the game v Cheltenham. We were allocated to football duties for the shift so we’re not wasting any police time ! 

2) we spent approx 40 mins with him and as a result then spent another 20 mins with another Male who could give relevant information.

3) the fact concluded is that neither Male are witnesses to an assault at Ashton gate stadium . There is no cctv or any other evidence from security staff at Ashton gate regarding an incident of this nature.

4) information was given in relation to a male complaining of having been assaulted to both these males at some point at Ashton Gate stadium. 

5) unfortunately there is not enough information to trace the alleged victim at this time , no surname known and limited information re address. Enquires also made with Bristol rovers ticket office which at this stage are negative. 

6) the conclusion is that at this stage there is no evidence of a criminal assault taking place at Ashton gate stadium on this Male however injuries to his face and an explanation by him as to how they occurred was noted by 2 witnesses, one of which is entirely independent and not connected as a fan to either football club. 

7) we have noted in Avon and Somerset this occurance based as previously stated that a criminal offence could have happened, enquires are continuing to try and locate the alleged victim however this will also need to be done as carefully as possible putting the victim first 

? I spoke at length to henbury gas regarding letting the police now deal and for no further publication of these allegations which he agreed to do . 

I fully appreciate that not a lot has been answered however it is difficult without finding the victim or any witnesses to any form of assault.

my hope is that this can be put to bed now by both sets of fans, my team and I will continue to try and find the victim and I hope that both sets of fans realise that he has to come first and this Must be dealt with in a sensitive manner .

i am off on leave after today for 2 weeks so will try to answer as much as I can before I go, but it continues to be an ongoing investigation so I will still be limited as to what I am able to report . 
__________________________________________________________________________________

I guess it does say there will be further updates, but I can't see how it will progress without someone coming forward and claiming to be the victim, the one bit that seems proved is that no ticket was issued to an injured party?

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I thought there was a summary given by @JulieH on the other thread that was started around that time? Or did I imagine it?

EDIT: This is what she posted on July 23rd,

As requested an update:

1) as previously stated I visited henbury gas in company with another football officer before we popped down to wsm for the game v Cheltenham. We were allocated to football duties for the shift so we’re not wasting any police time ! 

2) we spent approx 40 mins with him and as a result then spent another 20 mins with another Male who could give relevant information.

3) the fact concluded is that neither Male are witnesses to an assault at Ashton gate stadium . There is no cctv or any other evidence from security staff at Ashton gate regarding an incident of this nature.

4) information was given in relation to a male complaining of having been assaulted to both these males at some point at Ashton Gate stadium. 

5) unfortunately there is not enough information to trace the alleged victim at this time , no surname known and limited information re address. Enquires also made with Bristol rovers ticket office which at this stage are negative. 

6) the conclusion is that at this stage there is no evidence of a criminal assault taking place at Ashton gate stadium on this Male however injuries to his face and an explanation by him as to how they occurred was noted by 2 witnesses, one of which is entirely independent and not connected as a fan to either football club. 

7) we have noted in Avon and Somerset this occurance based as previously stated that a criminal offence could have happened, enquires are continuing to try and locate the alleged victim however this will also need to be done as carefully as possible putting the victim first 

? I spoke at length to henbury gas regarding letting the police now deal and for no further publication of these allegations which he agreed to do . 

I fully appreciate that not a lot has been answered however it is difficult without finding the victim or any witnesses to any form of assault.

my hope is that this can be put to bed now by both sets of fans, my team and I will continue to try and find the victim and I hope that both sets of fans realise that he has to come first and this Must be dealt with in a sensitive manner .

i am off on leave after today for 2 weeks so will try to answer as much as I can before I go, but it continues to be an ongoing investigation so I will still be limited as to what I am able to report . 
__________________________________________________________________________________

I guess it does say there will be further updates, but I can't see how it will progress without someone coming forward and claiming to be the victim, the one bit that seems proved is that no ticket was issued to an injured party?

In other words....

3572F9CF-1A64-4D4A-9F08-DF0433B7CEAA.png

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

An indoor arena, as in most major cities in this country could surely NOT be used as a football stadium? There's a thread on their drivel where some nutter is saying they use it on Saturdays etc etc. It would have to be one hell of a size to incorporate a full size football pitch wouldn't it? :dunno:

Will never happen, just the Sags being Sags trying to jump on the bandwagon and wanting something for nothing as always.

• Like 1