IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

45 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

I am really confused by the section of the post I have highlighted, what in their history would make a neutral more likely to choose them over us as a ream to follow?  Neither club has a great track record, but ours would pan out better and in recent years, a lot better, is there a historical gem I am unaware of?

Did you not know Rovers once famously triumphed in the Watney Cup, a short lived pre season competition where they had to overcome 3 other teams?

1 hour ago, Maesknoll Red said:

I am really confused by the section of the post I have highlighted, what in their history would make a neutral more likely to choose them over us as a ream to follow?  Neither club has a great track record, but ours would pan out better and in recent years, a lot better, is there a historical gem I am unaware of?

Don’t forget that their history spans beyond 1982, in their eyes. 

On 04/09/2018 at 15:33, Kodjias Wrist said:

Yeah my mates said they used to announce our score updates over the tannoy during the match. 

Yep they did, and flashed them up on their scoreboard.....but bizarrely I remember when we were at home to Wigan, I think it was, in the early 2000s and Rovers won 0-5 away at Oxford on the same day and we flashed up their score updates on the scoreboard above the East End - why?????!!!!!

• Admin
15 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep they did, and flashed them up on their scoreboard.....but bizarrely I remember when we were at home to Wigan, I think it was, in the early 2000s and Rovers won 0-5 away at Oxford on the same day and we flashed up their score updates on the scoreboard above the East End - why?????!!!!!

The regular operator was sick and when we told them any idiot could perform the role, the agency sent us a gashead?

21 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

An indoor arena, as in most major cities in this country could surely NOT be used as a football stadium? There's a thread on their drivel where some nutter is saying they use it on Saturdays etc etc. It would have to be one hell of a size to incorporate a full size football pitch wouldn't it? :dunno:

....and didn’t that numpty realise that most top gigs would be on a Saturday - ie, the real reason for the arena - why on earth did that sad sag think it would work having a small time football match on the same day as a big time gig?! And the gig would undoubtedly have a bigger attendance.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

same day they had a pop at the lions

10 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

What an absolutely joyous read that was...thank you! 

It certainly was! I particularly liked the post by the guy who said he goes to less away games now because ‘he has already been to a lot of the stadiums...’ - I thought they were ‘loyal and true’ and travel to away games ‘in massive numbers because it’s just what they do...’ - very confused, it seems some of the ‘loyal and true massive away army’ only go to each stadium once?!! That contradicts their constant mutterings about their ‘following.’

I’ll never forget the sad sag who rang into Talksport the day after we dumped Man Yoo out of the league cup and basically all he could contribute was ‘yeh but, yeh but, we got a bigger away following than them...’ - pathetic and showed himself up in front of the nation.....like the other saddo who went onto the Man City forum when we played them to make pretty much the same argument....they didn’t have much time for that numpty either...

As I’ve said a few times, da Roverzzzz are just like the annoying nephew that you ignore all year round and then on Christmas Day  you come face to face and instantly realise why you’ve ignored them for the other 364 days....

• Like 3

They're getting quite excited about the Brabazon site! No substance to it and no money but it's gonna add to our fun in the future. :)

'Let's build an arena but we can't use it on Saturdays as the gash are playing. Oh yeah, we're providing office facilities as well'. Good luck with that saggies!

OTIB, MTC. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

They're getting quite excited about the Brabazon site! No substance to it and no money but it's gonna add to our fun in the future. :)

'Let's build an arena but we can't use it on Saturdays as the gash are playing. Oh yeah, we're providing office facilities as well'. Good luck with that saggies!

OTIB, MTC. 

its because they are doing what they always do, and expecting some one else to pay for it (The council) and just gift it to them

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

its because they are doing what they always do, and expecting some one else to pay for it (The council) and just gift it to them

There is not even a suggestion that this is being considered for this site, but they will build and build it up over there. Henbury Gas and his band of followers will claim to be ITK on rumours etc. When nothing happens they will turn on the council instead of the fantasists. It's what they do.....

Edited by Port Said Red

20 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Would imagine it to be a new build rather than tarting up a plane-shed.

If they are just going to spruce up a hangar, then you would think it would be cheaper.

Like converting the Olympic Stadium to a football stadium for West Ham? I’m sure it would have been cheaper and quicker to start again! 

I bet they will find asbestos or something in the Hanger, causing delays and expense. Crazy decision not to proceeed at TM where the work already done has cost millions.

• Like 3

Using the Brabazon Hanger at Filton as a combined arena and football stadium is a ridiculous idea, for many of the reasons mentioned, but I’ll throw in a couple more. The current floor is thick concrete built to support the weight of numerous large aircraft. Fine for an areana, I but it would have to be removed to provide a grass pitch. Ideally grass needs some natural light to grow, but the hanger roof if a fixed structure. You could have drop-in grass pitches or a new retractable roof, but it’s a increased cost. Rovers have no money to pay for anything as the money raised from selling the Memorial ground would just repay the money put into the club by Wael 

18 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Using the Brabazon Hanger at Filton as a combined arena and football stadium is a ridiculous idea, for many of the reasons mentioned, but I’ll throw in a couple more. The current floor is thick concrete built to support the weight of numerous large aircraft. Fine for an areana, I but it would have to be removed to provide a grass pitch. Ideally grass needs some natural light to grow, but the hanger roof if a fixed structure. You could have drop-in grass pitches or a new retractable roof, but it’s a increased cost. Rovers have no money to pay for anything as the money raised from selling the Memorial ground would just repay the money put into the club by Wael 

A stadium would have to be a separate structure.

No way could they have the fewers done by 5pm on a Saturday and then get it ready for Bucks Fizz to play their hits at 8pm.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

You're forgetting that it would be the council (taxpayers) of Bristol that would be building it, any extra cost associated with making football possible there would be a bill generously footed by the council as a Thank You to the fewers for being so wonderfully great and raising the positive image of Bristol which us gert teds do so much to try and destroy.

they have a unique kit and they're ever so lovely, they deserve it.

they will be allowed to keep the money from the mem to spend on players too.

Edited by richwwtk
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

You're forgetting that it would be the council (taxpayers) of Bristol that would be building it, any extra cost associated with making football possible there would be a bill generously footed by the council as a Thank You to the fewers for being so wonderfully great and raising the positive image of Bristol which us gert teds do so much to try and destroy.

they have a unique kit and they're ever so lovely, they deserve it.

they will be allowed to keep the money from the mem to spend on players too.

I see Steve Hamer took marvelous Marvin out to lunch. I wonder what they spoke about.

https://democracy.bristol.gov.uk/mgDeclarationSubmission.aspx?UID=1419&HID=262&FID=0&HPID=0

28 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

No way could they have the fewers done by 5pm on a Saturday and then get it ready for Bucks Fizz to play their hits at 8pm.

Bucks fizz, wow. Awful songs but the bird (not Cheryl, the other one) was fit back in the day. 

22 hours ago, Bianconeri said:

Defamation, slander, libel (etc..) are all civil matters except in a very few select circumstances (members of the higher echelons of the Royal Family, certain Crown Officers, blah, blah, blah......), so the Police would not be involved. I think we've been here a few (hundred) times......

But... HG made an allegation of an assault and did this is a very public way so the Police (in the form of JulieH) had an obligation to investigate what could have been a criminal matter. Again, I think we've covered this more than a few times.

Can we agree that HG is an irrelevance and stop mentioning him or this alleged incident?

Yeah I bet Julie was obliged to visit to South London to visit the Millwall fan battered by one of her own too after the fact was pointed out by numerous City fans.

Are you a forum policeman ? I think people can raise issues as many times as they wish and its up to other forum members to ignore it if they find it tiresome.

I wasn't aware of Henbury Ass until numerous others mentioned him. Now he's on my rader and personally I like to keep tabs on him as I may have the honour of meeting him some day..

55 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Oh I don`t know. It shouldn`t take long for 5.5k fewers to trudge out after yet another home spanking and then the 15k or so Bucks Fizz fans could start rocking up at about 6.

The biggest problem would be making sure the horse punchers didn`t take over half the car park with their caravans.

17 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Oh I don`t know. It shouldn`t take long for 5.5k fewers to trudge out after yet another home spanking and then the 15k or so Bucks Fizz fans could start rocking up at about 6.

The biggest problem would be making sure the horse punchers didn`t take over half the car park with their caravans.

I think you’ll find the Rovers fans would stay for the Fizz concert

If only to listen to “The Land Of Make Believe”....

• Like 4
  • Haha 3