IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Something that could happen this season though, as far as a cup tie goes. 

Ivor wants them to catch up with us in league standing, not enjoy beating them in the cup every now and then. 

It meant so much more than that at the time though than just a run-of-the-mill cup tie. It was the first time that an awful lot of us really started to believe that the dark times were actually behind us and we could see some light at the end of the tunnel again.

if we drew them in the FA Cup over there this season it wouldn`t be anything like it was in 1983 and no match against them ever would be again - winning that game defined our future IMO and did something much more important than getting to the third round - it gave us hope and belief again.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

I got good friends who as gasheads, they happen to be deluded and believe every rumour and story at their club, one still thinks wael is a billionaire 

it doesn’t stop me hating rovers, they are a vile club with 90% of their fan base being obnoxious assholes always playing the victim and always blaming their woes on others

the sooner they go out of business the better

Seconded

11 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I think December 10th 1983 helped Bristol City immensely....we’d gone through the hell of 1982 - we had a mix and match side which included a Bristol University student....it was a very uncertain time....then the FA Cup second round draw gave us an away tie at Eastville against a Rovers team that was lording it above us in the divisions....and we beat them 1-2 that day ....with the student mis-hitting the winner to send us into absolute delirium on the away terrace...Terry Cooper was at the helm and he even came on and played that day...but that day was a serious springboard, we believed totally in our club again, we’d just gubbed the gas in their own backyard and we loved it! We were on the way back after the 1982 stuff...so I think that derby in the 1980s really helped us, because we got promoted at the end of that season....and we haven’t looked back since...

Completely agree. I was only a young child at the time so only have vague memories of our financial collapse...but I do remember listening to that game at Eastville on the radio with my Dad (supporter since the late 1950s) and I've never seen him celebrate like that before or since - literally dancing around the room with delight. That proves to me how important that win was for the morale of the club.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

I am not calling you sad, I am calling the views sad, and the general unpleasantness exhibited as sad.

It has nothing to do with football and supporting City.  

It is just childish, thuggish, and decidedly unpleasant and uncalled for.

No more on this from me, because sadly some won't, or even can't, understand why others of us find such views repugnant

In my opinion, your posts, culminating with this one seem to be completely arrogant, aloof, detatched and self serving. 

You're entitled to an opinion of course, but you always seem so bloody sure your right! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Something that could happen this season though, as far as a cup tie goes. 

Ivor wants them to catch up with us in league standing, not enjoy beating them in the cup every now and then. 

Well I was replying to your question that was along the lines of ‘how did success in local derbies in the 80s and 90s help either club?’ - so I just wanted to point out that winning that derby on 10/12/1983 helped Bristol City immensely in my opinion...

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Mtimmy11 said:

After going for a run around the so said stadium site last evening I cannot believe nothing is built there yet.theres no way the gas could afford it so Iam guessing there getting in bed with the uwe on the uwe terms

I think your right, but who will pay for the build, university’s are always pleading poverty but do seem to have endless pots of liquid cash 

5 minutes ago, B block said:

I think your right, but who will pay for the build, university’s are always pleading poverty but do seem to have endless pots of liquid cash 

Just like r*overs then. Apart from the endless pots of liquid cash that is.

I suspect the only pots they have are catching the rainwater that drips through the tent roof.

44 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well I was replying to your question that was along the lines of ‘how did success in local derbies in the 80s and 90s help either club?’ - so I just wanted to point out that winning that derby on 10/12/1983 helped Bristol City immensely in my opinion...

Unless people were around at that time or old enough to understand where we were as a club, it's probably not easy to comprehend jut what a huge result that was.

We were just about alive as a football club and, as a 16 year old, it felt like 'bring your boots, you might get a game'. R*vers were doing quite well, for them, and nobody gave us a prayer that day. The Muller rd end was rammed, more in defiance than expectation and by god didn't the scum fans let us know it!

I agree that that day was a real turning point and don't think I have celebrated a goal more than I celebrated our second, it was bedlam!

I despise their club and many of their 'supporters' TBH. Yes, there are some good ones, some of them are close friends of mine but they have  an extremely high % of utter *********, waaaay above the average. An example, it doesn't happen very often now but I couldn't go out to a local pub anywhere near where I live now or lived previously without the inevitable 'shithead' comment from someone, even when my kids were small, we would hear some horrible comment. Funny how they say absolutely **** all nowadays. ?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

And you call yourself a Bristolian and a football supporter, and yet you want one of the city's clubs to go out of business.

How very very sad

Look.

It would be lovely if we all got along wouldn't it? Nobody likes conflict and disliking something isn't a pleasant feeling. I'd have been happy to wish Rovers well and enjoy a good natured rivalry if things were different.

However, hate is not natural, it is learned. And it's very hard to feel anything other than loathing to a club that were just waiting for us to go bust so they could scab our stadium on the cheap, announce our scores over the tannoy when we are losing, ripped off the rugby club, constantly spout nonsense about their wonderful support whilst slamming ours and just generally go about their business in a tacky and unprofessional manner.

This is an entity that absolutely hates Bristol City and wishes nothing but misery on us, perhaps more so than they want their own team to succeed.

You're right, it is sad. Sad that they've given us so many reasons to hate them.

Edited by Wanderingred
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Mtimmy11 said:

The source I had in the uwe used to say about if people knew how much money the uwe had stashed away there would be a public outcry

Was it last year Bristol uni was bemoaning lack of funds and found a property on their portfolio valued at 5 million , didn’t notice they had it. Amongst their vast portfolio 

18 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I think December 10th 1983 helped Bristol City immensely....we’d gone through the hell of 1982 - we had a mix and match side which included a Bristol University student....it was a very uncertain time....then the FA Cup second round draw gave us an away tie at Eastville against a Rovers team that was lording it above us in the divisions....and we beat them 1-2 that day ....with the student mis-hitting the winner to send us into absolute delirium on the away terrace...Terry Cooper was at the helm and he even came on and played that day...but that day was a serious springboard, we believed totally in our club again, we’d just gubbed the gas in their own backyard and we loved it! We were on the way back after the 1982 stuff...so I think that derby in the 1980s really helped us, because we got promoted at the end of that season....and we haven’t looked back since...

A champion post. 

20 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

Perhaps when you and others are older you will realise how silly you sound

How ironic, age doesn't seem to have made you any wiser does it?

You are the most relentlessly negative, miserable poster on here and yet you see fit to lecture others on what they should or shouldn't post?

The breadth of your arrogance astounds me.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1