IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

49 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

8,912 (519 away). Long way, Luton.

It’s amazing to think that they genuinely believe their away support is something special. They bang on and on about it...

Travelling in huge numbers, “it’s  just what they do....” apparently :laughcont:

Deluded idiots.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

It’s amazing to think that they genuinely believe their away support is something special. They bang on and on about it...

Travelling in huge numbers, “it’s  just what they do....” apparently :laughcont:

Deluded idiots.

Well, their nomadic playing arrangements over the years does mean they have always travelled.

Granted, a lot of that was to Bath, when they were a 'home'.

40 minutes ago, Stortz said:

How ironic, age doesn't seem to have made you any wiser does it?

You are the most relentlessly negative, miserable poster on here and yet you see fit to lecture others on what they should or shouldn't post?

The breadth of your arrogance astounds me.

Who the **** does this idiot snowflake think he is? Arrogant indeed.

19 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I think December 10th 1983 helped Bristol City immensely....we’d gone through the hell of 1982 - we had a mix and match side which included a Bristol University student....it was a very uncertain time....then the FA Cup second round draw gave us an away tie at Eastville against a Rovers team that was lording it above us in the divisions....and we beat them 1-2 that day ....with the student mis-hitting the winner to send us into absolute delirium on the away terrace...Terry Cooper was at the helm and he even came on and played that day...but that day was a serious springboard, we believed totally in our club again, we’d just gubbed the gas in their own backyard and we loved it! We were on the way back after the 1982 stuff...so I think that derby in the 1980s really helped us, because we got promoted at the end of that season....and we haven’t looked back since...

Absolutely spot on BS4, I will never forget that day, I don’t think I’ve ever been more proud of a City team than I was that day,probably my favourite away day ever.

• Like 7

40 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Deluded idiots.

@Dolman Block B  would you still like to extol their away attendances as per the WBA Away thread?

Edited by Stortz

23 minutes ago, Stortz said:

@Dolman Block B  would you still like to extol their away attendances as per the WBA Away thread?

Our last 2 visits to Luton on a Saturday afternoon have seen us take 968 and 1548 fans in 2004 and 2005. In 2003 we took 1200.

All in League 1, like they are at the moment.

Obviously I’m only mentioning these attendances because I know they love to compare our away support with theirs. I’m sure they will plaster these figures all over Facebook and Twitter.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

It can't be. Surely not. They have provided so much historical laughter over the last quarter of a century I struggle to think of one particular year we haven't laughed.

All that’s left is for them to sign two players called ,Benson and Hedges.

They’ve ground out results the last few years with pub signings, it’s come back to haunt them now any quality they did have has gone. They need 2 centre backs, 2 in the middle and at least 1 up top, whatever clown is looking to buy them better factor how much that’s going to cost to stay up. Plus the signings don’t always work out so buying 5 might not be enough

tough times, long may it continue

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

So, to recap today, we are 3rd in the Championship behind only Leeds by a point & Brentford on GD whereas they are third from bottom in the league below above only Oxford on GD & with Plymouth two points below them.

#Mindthegap

Amazing to think they are "the richer club" and "bigger and better than we'll ever be"

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/12930/gas-luton-matchday-thread?page=19

I'm not so sure a league 1 player is too concerned about training grounds and facilities etc. Under Francis we trained on some pitches at Fry's which were used for local football teams. The chance to play in front of 10000 fans must surely be what persuades them, along with the wages. 

Another tough game against Coventry next weekend. They beat Barnsley today. Struggling to see where the next win is coming from if I'm honest.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, 22A said:

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/12930/gas-luton-matchday-thread?page=19

I'm not so sure a league 1 player is too concerned about training grounds and facilities etc. Under Francis we trained on some pitches at Fry's which were used for local football teams. The chance to play in front of 10000 fans must surely be what persuades them, along with the wages. 

Another tough game against Coventry next weekend. They beat Barnsley today. Struggling to see where the next win is coming from if I'm honest.

To be fair the gas should be charging me 60 quid

Is that the going price for a top end comedian 

1 hour ago, NOTBLUE said:

Apparently this is their worst start in 26 years..........I’m gutted for them............ NOT?

Let’s hope their season ends similarly to 92/93 - although obviously someone else other than us will have to hammer the final nail into their relegation coffin instead of City this time (Wish that video was still on YouTube - even Mark Lawrenson on commentary couldn’t ruin it for us).

Up the Hatters!!!

Their FB page is comedy gold again. Most are admittedly saying how abysmal they are playing but then you get stuff like:

”I’ll always be a Gashead but I’m embarrassed to admit I’m one. I play walking football and any new players who turn up are Sheeds. We are the oldest club in Bristol and should be the most successful.”

”we have a multimillionaire owner - spend some fricking money!!!”