IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, bristolmoose said:

Please don't let them go into admin. What would happen to this thread? This is comedy golddust!
If this was pitched as a sitcom, it would be rejected for being too far fetched!

Ok, so we've lost a couple of games and I'm recuperating after a gruelling few days in hospital but catching up on this is the perfect medicine.
#GTKOG

They pitch this monstrosity of a stand, say it’s a ‘massif’ improvement, yet we are VERY worried about them as they have the dog botherer at the helm :facepalm: yes we are absolutely shitting it ?

If they did ever go into admin and hopefully disappear nothing would change regarding this thread as presuming with such a great and unique fan base (which only them believe this btw) they’d form a Phoenix club that’ll no doubt be coming for us, whilst dodging the dog shit in a home fixture v Lebeq at Eastville Park.

Get well soon btw ??

1 hour ago, bristolmoose said:

Please don't let them go into admin. What would happen to this thread? This is comedy golddust!
If this was pitched as a sitcom, it would be rejected for being too far fetched!

Ok, so we've lost a couple of games and I'm recuperating after a gruelling few days in hospital but catching up on this is the perfect medicine.
#GTKOG

Liked your post apart from the bit about 'em not going into admin.  Get well soon, fellow Red……...hope it wasn't a massif operation ?‍?

FFS

2nd May 1990
Rickie Lambert

2nd May 1990 Avatar

Member is Online

Posting Level

Next Level in 1789 posts
about an hour ago via mobile gasify likes this
Post Options

Post by 2nd May 1990 on about an hour ago

New stand has a 100% win record. Best thing that’s ever happened to our club :)

Everyone who posts on here will know a few roves fans, either from work or living in the same area etc.  The ones I know are through the england connection and truth be told most are ok . What really got my goat was when the fake shake took over and all off a sudden there giving it large ( i dont think social media helps) there doing this and going to do that , but yes calling it the Waqa shack does show they can laugh at them self’s but nowhere near as much as we do . SIDE NOTE are they giving away Liverpool shirts some Where’ ? They seem to be springing up everywhere......

6 minutes ago, bristolmoose said:

Ta, not op but a splash of in-tents chemo to get shot of some errant miscreants that have set up camp!

Good luck with this nasty disease  fellow red . ?? . Old man is currently having the same shit . 

At least you can rely on the fewers for a chuckle 

Edited by Red Army 75
  • Like 4

Didn't take them long to get the excuses in for yesterdays attendance.....

keygas Avatar
keygas
Reserve Team
54 minutes ago
glengas said:
They only had 4 Turnstile open on the West Enclosure side and a queue was forming, but there is a steward on the gate who always takes the initiative and starts checking tickets and letting people in through the gate. Top man. Saving me from an even worse soaking.

No wonder the announced gate wasn’t that great yesterday  if a steward was letting people through a gate, I think there’s counters on each turnstile which when are all totalled up gives you the attendance figure
  • Haha 3

On ‎22‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 16:10, wendyredredrobin said:

Wonder how many Sags bothered to attend.  Guessing at 8,500 less 500 Coventry minus 1,000 who paid but didn't go, so around 7,000 loyal and true blue few ?.  Could even be less.

Evil Post says 8385 less 1137 coventry = 7248 home.  A fair few may have stayed home in the dry today, so real attendance somewhere between 6k and 6.5k

But you haven`t seen the real reason for the official attendance being so low. One of the new state-of-the-art turnstiles wasn`t working properly so a steward had to manually check tickets and let people in through a gate.

One of the deluded fools on asschat has actually said that he thinks this was the reason the published attendance was so low!

3 hours ago, bristolmoose said:

#GTKOG

All the best with your recovery fella.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dolman Block B said:

FFS

2nd May 1990
Rickie Lambert

2nd May 1990 Avatar

Member is Online

Posting Level

Next Level in 1789 posts
about an hour ago via mobile gasify likes this
Post Options

Post by 2nd May 1990 on about an hour ago

New stand has a 100% win record. Best thing that’s ever happened to our club :)

unbelievable-gif-6.gif.9230f68cacb0c4ccb372d46d0d184949.gif

Did this for them, might make a change from singing the Plymouth Argyle song, Goodnight Irene.

Hop in my tent,  cos my name sounds like whale
And i'm about to set sail!
I got me a tent, it seats about twenty, so come on
And bring your snack-box money
The WAQ shack is a little old place where
We can get locked out from.
WAQ shack baby
A WAQ shack baby
WAQ shack, baby WAQ shack
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Anyone know how to set up one of those online petition thing?

We need to start one, for exactly the same reasons they want it removed, it needs to remain.

The comedy if we get more signatures than them will last year's.

https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/take-it-down?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=&quote_id=quote3&title_id=title3&recruiter=12981966&loc=view-petition

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Anyone know how to set up one of those online petition thing?

We need to start one, for exactly the same reasons they want it removed, it needs to remain.

The comedy if we get more signatures than them will last year's.

https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/take-it-down?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=&quote_id=quote3&title_id=title3&recruiter=12981966&loc=view-petition

4 people have signed it....4 ???

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

But you haven`t seen the real reason for the official attendance being so low. One of the new state-of-the-art turnstiles wasn`t working properly so a steward had to manually check tickets and let people in through a gate.

One of the deluded fools on asschat has actually said that he thinks this was the reason the published attendance was so low!

No steward has the authority to open an exit gate. Sounds like more gas Bull5hit, unless someone at the Memorial Ground is on the fiddle. Surely not ?

Edited by myol'man
  • Haha 1

A bit long, but wryly amusing nevertheless.

'I have defended the owners in recent weeks, saying give them time, Rome wasn’t built in a day. And this is how they repay me for my support? Thoroughly, thoroughly embaressing me. 

The Waq Shaq is without any doubt one of the great UnWonders of the World. 

It stands there screaming “haven’t a clue” straight back you. Even if you close your eyes, you can still see it, and still hear havnt a bloody clue ringing in your ears. Even if you were in space you’d still hear this thing scream. 

I can only believe, and so want to believe, those people in this thread defending it just havnt seen it for themselves, just the concept of extra elevation and covered seating for families can’t be that bad can it? Well, hold that concept right there, and we willl apply all science from the moment first Cro Magna man that got drunk with Nia Anderthal woman to beget the human race, and conclusively answer that question. Yes. It can be that bad. And this is how. From concept, through design, to realisation, the project has been given to people who have never been to football in their life, and probably don’t even know what football is, say think of Dads Army, think of Godfreys sisters, Dolly and... Molly was it, that is who came up with this for us. Perhaps they knitted the original prototypes. Of course, Dolly and Molly already going to so much kind effort knitting the model prototypes the board didn’t like to say no. 

How bad? Once news spreads of this, this thing, it will add hundreds to the gate, as people travel from all over the world just to see this this, this thing, with their own eyes. You know the sort, trainspotters. Those who go up hills in the middle of the night, in anoraks with flasks of tea hoping to watch UFO’s make crop circles. And you know what. They can buy a ticket, we put them in, this, this thing, and they will be right at home. 

Personally I don’t like it.'

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, GreedyHarry said:

Didn't take them long to get the excuses in for yesterdays attendance.....

keygas Avatar
keygas
Reserve Team
54 minutes ago
glengas said:
They only had 4 Turnstile open on the West Enclosure side and a queue was forming, but there is a steward on the gate who always takes the initiative and starts checking tickets and letting people in through the gate. Top man. Saving me from an even worse soaking.

No wonder the announced gate wasn’t that great yesterday  if a steward was letting people through a gate, I think there’s counters on each turnstile which when are all totalled up gives you the attendance figure

if he was checking tickets,would they not already be paid for??