IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

54 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Apparently similar to our expected following at Rotherham tomorrow night then. 

Fairly certain we will have more than 150 at Rotherham, 250 at least, not great but we don't claim to have some of the bestest and loudest fans in the country like that bunch of inbreds do 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Apparently similar to our expected following at Rotherham tomorrow night then. 

Yes....the big difference of course being that we don’t go around boring people to death by going on and on about our away support as if it’s something special.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Fairly certain we will have more than 150 at Rotherham, 250 at least, not great but we don't claim to have some of the bestest and loudest fans in the country like that bunch of inbreds do 

3 minutes ago, PolskRed said:

Imagine what they would have taken if their game was on TV??!!

1 minute ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Yes....the big difference of course being that we don’t go around boring people to death by going on and on about our away support as if it’s something special.

Alright, alright boys, I wasn't defending them, just pointing it out before they did. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:
Attendance:

That’s not possible - they ‘take huge numbers away, it’s just what they do’ - you need to demand a recount, the fans of ‘da famous quartez’ take massive away crowds, they tell us that repeatedly, yet it seems that they couldn’t be bothered tonight...I can’t believe that, because they ‘sell out wherever they go’ - which was a quote from their non league season....what’s the excuse for the boycott tonight then? Is there a cycling event in Lancashire? 

• Haha 2

Incidentally, I had a sweet interaction with a sag at work today....it started with the usual banter then he said “you’ve only been a league club since 1982” - so I obviously retorted “you’ve only been a league club since 2015” - then he said “yeah but we were formed in 1883, you weren’t formed until 1894” - so I again retorted “we joined the Football League in 1901, you didn’t join the Football League until 1920, so you were non league while we played 19 seasons with the big boys.....” - the bemused look on his face as he admitted defeat, turned and walked away made my day....they don’t know their history - all they’ve got is the ‘1982’ thing, but that always backfires....and they tried to steal our stadium back then as well...vermin....

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Well that was dreadful. Can't believe I wasted a tenner to watch that.. feel for those 198 who now have to spend the night on the motorway. Slow, lethargic, no quality, and it seemed no will to play         any  football. They were there for the taking, no one has conceded more than Rochdale this season and their keeper was red carded and we played the second half like that. 

That was absolute dross.
   We are a very poor side and struggled against ten men and did not have a clue how to break them down.
   They more than matched us and we could not have grumbled if one of our many shaky defensive moments resulted in a goal.
   A point yes, but another game where we could not beat another team near the bottom, despite having a one man advantage.

That has to be the most negative display from a position of strength I have ever watched. Gutless from so many of our players.

hopefully it’s just taking a while for the new lads to bed in, can anyone at this stage honestly say that we’re going to stay up ?

This side is no better than any of our recent relegation sides. No edge to us once again.

Only 1 win in our last 8 league games.

That was... excruciating to watch.

Slow. Lethargic. No movement. No width. Disjointed.

Just awful.

Edited by Unan
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Unan said:

Well that was dreadful. Can't believe I wasted a tenner to watch that.. feel for those 198 who now have to spend the night on the motorway. Slow, lethargic, no quality, and it seemed no will to play         any  football. They were there for the taking, no one has conceded more than Rochdale this season and their keeper was red carded and we played the second half like that. 

That was absolute dross.
   We are a very poor side and struggled against ten men and did not have a clue how to break them down.
   They more than matched us and we could not have grumbled if one of our many shaky defensive moments resulted in a goal.
   A point yes, but another game where we could not beat another team near the bottom, despite having a one man advantage.

That has to be the most negative display from a position of strength I have ever watched. Gutless from so many of our players.

hopefully it’s just taking a while for the new lads to bed in, can anyone at this stage honestly say that we’re going to stay up ?

This side is no better than any of our recent relegation sides. No edge to us once again.

Only 1 win in our last 8 league games.

That was... excruciating to watch.

Slow. Lethargic. No movement. No width. Disjointed.

Just awful.

I can confirm that this is all correct. I thought a good few of their players looked overweight for pro footballers. 

I saw nothing this evening to suggest they won’t be in a relegation fight this season. They were consistently outplayed by Rochdale this evening and but for the referee and linesman wanting their moment of glory, I suspect they wouldnt even be coming back with a point. 

• Thanks 1