IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

13 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

I think the council have got this one wrong, rather than the sags. They've clearly said that they've been liasing for months with them about this but have never warned them about this? The law on temporary structures isn't rocket science  but there are some right dullards working for BCC - And I should know as I used to be one of them! So yeah, not really the sags fault here. Still funny as #### though!!!

….whatever liasing went on,  it clearly wasn't in-tent's enough!  

(hard to imagine two lesser competent organisations than B C Council and BRFC -bring the two of 'em together and hey presto the perfect recipe for disaster!) :yawn:  

• Like 1

I find the bristol rovers dustbin thread a great way of brightening up my day. So many laughs every day with smash & grab, tents, the watney cup, ground improvements, dopey Darryl, santas grotto, wael of fortune, quirky kits, the tramp & the mahoosive away attendances. Its just like a comic. 

Keep it up Bristol rovers, I can't wait to read tomorrow's instalment.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, phantom said:

I see the resident **** is back spouting bollocks again !!

Let's take a look who has actually built anything for their club this century

image.png

It may be the case that plenty are against it but even if it’s ultimately turned down at least we still have a stadium that many visiting fans describe as ‘Premiership ready’.

We also have an owner who isn’t just pretending to run a football club. The Al Qadis seem more intent on making them a laughing stock than even Higgs and co managed.

That new stand, that’s in full view of the TV cameras, looked shit when there was a handful of people in there. It’ll look even more hilarious wrapped in yellow and black tape with a great big ‘DO NOT ENTER’ sign stuck to the front.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, phantom said:

I see the resident **** is back spouting bollocks again !!

Let's take a look who has actually built anything for their club this century

image.png

Yeah, should we have problems getting the go ahead for our £100million expansion plans, along side our £50million refurbished stadium, we’d be a laughing stock and know exactly how the sags feel right now..! 

Edited by Bar BS3

1 hour ago, Wanderingred said:

I think the council have got this one wrong, rather than the sags. They've clearly said that they've been liasing for months with them about this but have never warned them about this? The law on temporary structures isn't rocket science  but there are some right dullards working for BCC - And I should know as I used to be one of them! So yeah, not really the sags fault here. Still funny as #### though!!!

As one of their lot said though, if the Gas have been speaking to the wrong planning section then its their fault.

Pretty sure they must have used the same ‘water tight’ consultants on this issue as Sainsbury’s. 

Absolute classic. We’ve been liasing with Bristol City Council via SAG with a planning committee MEMBER on it. Did it not occur to The Slags that a Member often knows diddly squat about the intricacies of the Planning and Building Regs Systems?

Using their logic, I could go up to the tea lady at The Cabbage Patch and ask her about the project plan for their training ground. Whatever she says will be gospel.

Edited by Moor2Sea
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BTRFTG said:

They won't have to take them down as I understand a storm's due to blow through at the weekend and will do the job for them......

With bonfire night not far away im sure a gallon of BPs finest will work wonders, mind you i wouldn't recommend this as it will only play into wallys' hand and improve the value of the mem by several million.

But presumably the law on temporary structures includes some sort of definition of temporary? And I doubt that it’s along the lines of a sag definition which is something like ‘until we get another home or find the money to do up our current one’. In other words, sometime never. 

1 hour ago, myol'man said:

UK Planning Permissions for Temporary Buildings

Temporary warehouses and industrial tents can be used without planning permissions in the UK if they are used for a very short duration only. This can be until 28 days at a given location, and there are exceptions to this. Exceptions take the size, position and building reason into consideration. If the buildings are in use for a longer period that 28 days one usually needs to apply for a semi-permanent or a permanent permission.

Have they got round this by thinking its only going to be used 28 times or less, not the fact its going to be there longer than 28 consecutive days? Surely to use it and swerve the planning permission it has to be packed away between games ?

Now I’ve been out of the planning system for a few years. I know successive Governments have relaxed permitted development rights. 

I’d be surprised though if you could argue the erection of structures of the scale of a stand for an undefined period - i.e. until you could afford to replace them or move to another site - would fall within the definition of ‘permittted development’.

At the very least, I would have advised to formally ask the question of the planning department and building regs as to whether approvals would be required. Would be staggered if they didn’t do that. 

3 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

Now I’ve been out of the planning system for a few years. I know successive Governments have relaxed permitted development rights. 

I’d be surprised though if you could argue the erection of structures of the scale of a stand for an undefined period - i.e. until you could afford to replace them or move to another site - would fall within the definition of ‘permittted development’.

At the very least, I would have advised to formally ask the question of the planning department and building regs as to whether approvals would be required. Would be staggered if they didn’t do that. 

Especially on a protected war memorial......:yawn:.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Assume that if they have to apply for planning permission, people can file an objection.

'An embarrassment to our City' would be mine.

Concorde, Clifton Suspension Bridge, Floating harbour...... a selection of tents.

These things take time, no doubt they'll get around to canvas public opinion eventually... They must be feeling sick at this news ironic really that they don't even have a vomitory to barf into.. :) 

(sorry @Dollymarie, )  

• Haha 2
  • Flames 1

glengas
Youth Team

glengas Avatar

Member is Online

Posting Level

Next Level in 2 posts
a few seconds ago via mobile
Post Options

Post by glengas on a few seconds ago

Someone rang the club and they are having an urgent meeting about it. If, like me, you sit in one of these stands you may be moved on Saturday.

It gets better!

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:
lyglengas
Youth Team

glengas Avatar

Member is Online

Posting Level

Next Level in 2 posts
a few seconds ago via mobile
Post Options

Post by glengas on a few seconds ago

Someone rang the club and they are having an urgent meeting about it. If, like me, you sit in one of these stands you may be moved on Saturday.

Only if they are lucky enough to find a vacant porta-loo !  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, WhistleHappy said:

Only if they are lucky enough to find a vacant porta-loo !  

Porta-loo and standing on the steps it is!

I see a new fan has triggered some of them- seem to jump on a poster as if they're 'They Gurt Teds'.

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/13037/bristol-rivalry

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

All 'tin-pot' jokes aside, this can actually be quite serious, especially in terms of Health and Safety.

No speakers, no lighting, very few exits. I'm sure gas heads would rightly be fuming/look to sue the club should anything befall one of them sitting in there. The Council are completely right.

Also, it's clear from Rover's PR/Social Media that these weren't 'temporary stands' at all - these were here to stay, long term. 

• Like 1

Given they sold tickets for these temporary stands before the season started, then forgot to get them installed and now they have to close them, if you were a Fewer you'd be pretty annoyed.

Have to wonder what they club will do to make up for it, a nice bit of hospitality maybe, a free signed shirt or they might go mad and offer them some free out of date crisps and priority queuing for the Grotto.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Given they sold tickets for these temporary stands before the season started, then forgot to get them installed and now they have to close them, if you were a Fewer you'd be pretty annoyed.

Have to wonder what they club will do to make up for it, a nice bit of hospitality maybe, a free signed shirt or they might go mad and offer them some free out of date crisps and priority queuing for the Grotto.

Surely a free call to Babestation for each inconvenienced fan would do the trick! 

• Haha 1