IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

If I was a betting man, I'd bet that when the squatters originally agreed their awesome new stand upgrades with the council and the sag, they agreed to apply for planning permission within 28 days of the original installation date. However, when installation was delayed due to the Tipplewell Primary School sports day still using the stands, the original date slipped and no one remembered to update the agreement. Therefore, the 28 days countdown had already started even though the structures were not up. So, when they do get the things up and open they now definitely need planning permission as they no longer qualify as temporary.

Just a guess though.

Edited by Midlands Robin

13 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

If I was a betting man, I'd bet that when the squatters originally agreed their awesome new stand upgrades with the council and the sag, they agreed to apply for planning permission within 28 days of the original installation date. However, when installation was delayed due to the Tipplewell Primary School sports day still using the stands, the original date slipped and no one remembered to update the agreement. Therefore, the 28 days countdown had already started even though the structures were not up. So, when they do get the things up and open they now definitely need planning permission as they no longer qualify as temporary.

Just a guess though.

Please let this be true, I’d wet myself laughing if they had to come down 

35 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

Just a guess though.

Good job you’re not a betting man! The 28 day rule is not relevant to this issue.

Indeed, having made a quick check of the General Development Order I’m struggling to find any clause that would exempt them from the need to apply for planning permission. 

Pity ?

• Thanks 1

Seems some of the gas considered the issue of planning permission at the start of August  - no-one at the club reads their forum then!

As I detailed in my earlier thread and on here the delay is due to consultation with Bristol city planning dept, Tom G informed me some while back that delay in installation is being caused by planning which the club are currently working through it obviously takes time to get agreement with planning, we are working with Bristol city council who very rarely do us any favours.

But we don't need planning permission for temporary stands, we need a Safety Certificate from BCC but that can't be obtained until the stands are in place and can be fully tested for safety/access etc.

BCC have given us pp for every stadium planning application so they rarely let us down in any event.

wertongas
Youth Team

Member is Online

Posting Level

Next Level in 10 posts

Post by wertongas on Aug 3, 2018 at 5:38pm

I didn't think the club needed full planning permission but they obviously require some form of agreement with planning, or they would not be in talks with planning dept, this info came from Tom G not me.
Yes and I suppose we have got permission for planning permission from city council in the past.

Topper Gas
Gas

Posting Level

Post by Topper Gas on Aug 3, 2018 at 6:00pm

I didn't think the club needed full planning permission but they obviously require some form of agreement with planning, or they would not be in talks with planning dept, this info came from Tom G not me.
Yes and I suppose we have got permission for planning permission from city council in the past.

Because what you are suggesting doesn't make sense to me as if we're only at the planning stage it could be weeks, even months, before the stands are eventually ordered/built/delivered/constructed/approved for use.

Plus how does this effect the SW Stand as we must already have some form of BCC agreement for that particular stand to be in place.

Although the way things are going with the strikers I doubt we need more seating anyway as we'll struggle to fill what we've got.

gassygas

Member is Online

Posting Level

Next Level in 5 posts

Post by gassygas on Aug 3, 2018 at 7:17pm

If we need planning permission we may be in trouble. Looking on the councils website I can't see any planning applications searching 'Bristol rovers', 'memorial' or the stadiums postcode since 2014.

I'm sure formal PP can't be needed for the new stand. Maybe being in kit form it is considered a temporary structure that doesn't need full PP?

7 hours ago, Undy English said:

All 'tin-pot' jokes aside, this can actually be quite serious, especially in terms of Health and Safety.

No speakers, no lighting, very few exits. I'm sure gas heads would rightly be fuming/look to sue the club should anything befall one of them sitting in there. The Council are completely right.

Also, it's clear from Rover's PR/Social Media that these weren't 'temporary stands' at all - these were here to stay, long term. 

They sold season tickets for these stands/tents. 

The clue to the minimum period they expected them to be there for us kind of self explanatory. I wouldn’t class 8/9 months as particularly temporary, unless other building works we’re going on along side them. 

How long havevthe other “temporary” stands/tents been there..? Years now. 

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear...really not a good day for BRFC even by their own low standards, maybe they were attempting to bury bad news with more bad news!

Application to turn barns into residential use at The Colony has been refused by SGC. No ecological surveys were submitted. Now I'm no expert in planning but Ecological surveys are a pretty basic requirement.

https://developments.southglos.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=PDE6U0OK0F100

Edited by fgrsimon
Fix link
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, fgrsimon said:

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear...really not a good day for BRFC even by their own low standards, maybe they were attempting to bury bad news with more bad news!

Application to turn barns into residential use at The Colony has been refused by SGC. No ecological surveys were submitted. Now I'm no expert in planning but Ecological surveys are a pretty basic requirement.

https://developments.southglos.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=PDE6U0OK0F100

Is that the barn doors they have been using for target practice?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, fgrsimon said:

PT18/3675/PNGR – Colony Farm, Woodlands Lane, Almondsbury

Description of Proposal

This is a prior notification of a change of use from agricultural buildings to three residential dwellings (Class C3) as defined in the Town and Country Planning (Use Classes) Order 1987 (as amended).

Ecological Issues

No ecological information has been submitted alongside this application.

The site appears to be disused and overgrown with vegetation with the buildings in a state of disrepair.

The site offers potential roosting, foraging and commuting habitat for bats and birds.  There is also potential for reptiles and hedgehogs to be present within the scrub surrounding the buildings.  There doesn’t appear to be any ponds within 500m of the development, although there are some ditches that could support amphibian populations.

Conclusion

At present there is insufficient information to assess the ecological impact of the application.  This application should be refused unless further ecological information is forthcoming. 

Recommendation

That the application be refused due to insufficient information.

Proposal Submitted on Behalf of Bristol Rovers Football Club by

220px-Mickey_Mouse.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

Remember hearing these words?

"They're very, very rich"

"Unlucky the shit"

"We're worth more, the bigger and better club than they'll ever be"

......and now it's:

" The sooner the fakes piss off out of our club the better."

" It feels a bit like managed decline now. Those stupid stands being closed down, the colony land only useful for growing
 a world class collection of weeds and planning permissions allowed to lapse. The squad lacking quality and investment."

" Embarrassment piled on embarrassment just get out of our club useless owners and their useless lackeys"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Oh, and this one too.....

" Sorry but those running this club have turned us into a ******* laughing stock. **** off and let someone else in"

I disagree,  they were already a laughing stock. The new owners just carried on where the last lot left off. Oh and they carried him aloft down Gloucester Rd for good measure. ???

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

5 hours ago, redcityman said:

When filling in the documents for PP do brfc use a template from a five year old writing a letter to Father Christmas by any chance!

Unfortunately the planning forms say "PLEASE FILL IN USING BLOCK CAPITALS AND BLACK INK ONLY" - sadly they are not allowed pens, and they had already eaten their black crayon. 

• Haha 6

Glad to see that the weirdo / complete bell end Henbury Fag enjoys our forum and I assume his noterioty as a complete c**k

C5F94334-A7C5-47D9-B9B0-E2B7FF47E662.jpeg

well.....he can enjoy this one again from his fellow sag ‘ - Feeling the Blues   ‘ who appears to have him well assessed in fairness 

Doing a pretty good job at being ridiculed and despised by both halves of the City  :yes:

5DDF136D-690E-4D1C-8225-98619850E6AE.jpeg

Edited by BobBobSuperBob
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8

23 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Glad to see that the weirdo / complete bell end Henbury Fag enjoys our forum and I assume his noterioty as a complete c**k

well.....he can enjoy this one again from his fellow sag ‘ - Feeling the Blues   ‘ who appears to have him well assessed in fairness 

Doing a pretty good job at being ridiculed and despised by both halves of the City  :yes:

By the 1/4 and 3/4's you obviously meant.......

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Henbury Gas is a manual manipulator.

That will be all.

Not so sure that will be all, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the chap has an illness of the mind.