IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

6 minutes ago, INCRED said:

And how many of their home grown talent have played in the Chamionship and progressed to the Prem or are representing England at U20 level

We are obviously doing something right and by the way we average 20k plus at home

Finally, the robin is on our away kit

Watch their loyal fans drift away and gates fall every home game now!

Soul my ass, the place is a dump and they have a team and fans that fit their surroundings

They’ve got no more ‘soul’ than any other football league club. 

As for loyalty City fans have proved time and time again over the decades that we are more loyal. 

Did I mention they had just over 7k at home in L1 today?

10 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

And didn't we give them a couple of goals head start, just to make it more of a contest?

I sort of warmed to the Walsall fans that day, I remember them singing "Champions? You're having a laugh" at 2-2 and then singing "that's why you're champions" as the 6th or 7th goal went in.... I am pleased their return visit to Bristol went so well, although even our building site at the time was probably better than the ground they suffered today. :) 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Liked this one...

Nearly three years on from our glorious back to back promotion we've lost all three of our top scorers and we are dropping like a stone. What sort of evolution is this?

Sir! Sir! Me Sir! I know the answer!

Is it, 'an absolutely HILARIOUS evolution?'

It obviously hasn't occurred to them that after two "glorious " promotions they might have err, found their level? But no, they expect to march on towards the premier league because they have soul!

5 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

They’ve got no more ‘soul’ than any other football league club. 

As for loyalty City fans have proved time and time again over the decades that we are more loyal. 

Did I mention they had just over 7k at home in L1 today?

FGR had over 3000 today in league 2, they are in danger of being overtaken by club that represents a few streets in a village! 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Southstandoriginal said:

It obviously hasn't occurred to them that after two "glorious " promotions they might have err, found their level? But no, they expect to march on towards the premier league because they have soul!

Don't forget that one of these 'Promotions of Glory' was to make them a league club.

If you were FGR, AFC Wimbledon then yes, a truly great achievement. All they have managed is to get back to the division they were in when it last started to go wrong and would you believe it... It's going wrong again!

Still, I'm sure it won't be long until they describe themselves as the Newcastle United of the top divisions outside of the top two divisions... too big for for conference, not given the investment to compete in League One and SPECIAL FANS.

Yo-Yo club!

Another great quote... 

Very interesting listening to Ed Hadwin on Twentyman he seems convinced that it’s not down to Darrell and that not much in the way of investment was coming in the summer.

Also said that something is going down, and that there’s definitely interest, but they can’t find anything concrete.

Might be wrong, but I understand the concrete now has a tent erected on top of it. So they might want to look under there.

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Do they actually believe that crap ?

Incredible.

They got soul alright - arsouls.

If you have small home attendances and so no money and there is no-one remotely interested in giving you money, and therefore have an old, shite ground instead of what you long for ie a new, shiny ground, you console yourself by saying you have "soul," and you ease your bitter envy of your hated superiors/one-time-rivals by calling their shiny, new ground a "bowl."

A "bowl" incidentally is a ground where the corners are filled in to provide enough seats for all the people that want to watch games at that ground. 

Rovers don't need a "bowl" or the corners filled in with seats (or tents).

Last time we were in their position in that league we were getting 10-11000 that was on the back of a relegation so not jealous of 7000, their "loyalty" they harp on about where was the loyalty when they pulled in 3000 for the last game at the greyhound track and another 3000 for the first game at Twerton. In that league I admire but not jealous of Sunderland still getting 27000, Pompey getting 16000 odd but jealous of 7000 why would we be, sooner they f--k off back to the conference the better and that might not take long. Bunch of delusional, bitter w--kers, and that's just the better ones.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Last time we were in their position in that league we were getting 10-11000 that was on the back of a relegation so not jealous of 7000, their "loyalty" they harp on about where was the loyalty when they pulled in 3000 for the last game at the greyhound track and another 3000 for the first game at Twerton. In that league I admire but not jealous of Sunderland still getting 27000, Pompey getting 16000 odd but jealous of 7000 why would we be, sooner they f--k off back to the conference the better and that might not take long. Bunch of delusional, bitter w--kers, and that's just the better ones.

Our average in 2013/14 was 11,900. The first game that season, following relegation, was just under 14k v Bradford. SO'D soon brought that level of enthusiasm and "loyalty" down a bit - we didn't win a league game until October 26th.

Wonder when Rovers last had a 14k crowd following a relegation?

17 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

If you have small home attendances and so no money and there is no-one remotely interested in giving you money, and therefore have an old, shite ground instead of what you long for ie a new, shiny ground, you console yourself by saying you have "soul," and you ease your bitter envy of your hated superiors/one-time-rivals by calling their shiny, new ground a "bowl."

A "bowl" incidentally is a ground where the corners are filled in to provide enough seats for all the people that want to watch games at that ground. 

Rovers don't need a "bowl" or the corners filled in with seats (or tents).

Technically (and I might be wrong), a 'stadium' is an enclosed venue. So given the tents and allotments that surrounds the Mem, trade descriptions should have taken them to task when they changed the name from the Memorial Ground.

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Technically (and I might be wrong), a 'stadium' is an enclosed venue. So given the tents and allotments that surrounds the Mem, trade descriptions should have taken them to task when they changed the name from the Memorial Ground.

It's another example of their preposterous self-aggrandisment and delusion. "Stadium" originally tended to denote something big, bigger than other venues hosting the same sort of thing. 

23 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Our average in 2013/14 was 11,900. The first game that season, following relegation, was just under 14k v Bradford. SO'D soon brought that level of enthusiasm and "loyalty" down a bit - we didn't win a league game until October 26th.

Wonder when Rovers last had a 14k crowd following a relegation?

We sold 8500 Season Tickets that season back in L1, that was after relegation from Championship in one of the worst seasons in my 30 years of watching City.

They sold 5k STs after PROMOTION to L1.

Yeah, really jealous of their ‘loyalty’ :laughcont:

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Can't wait for either Clarke to walk or get the sack, just so they can go into meltdown about who the new manager will be...

Zero chance of either happening.

They can’t afford to sack him and he wouldn’t have the balls or self respect to walk away.