IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, Sergio Georgini said:

Looks like we've had a shout out from the overrated, outdated dog lover.. (It won't allow me to say the N word, no not THAT one!).

Do2PlrJXgAELH5U.jpg:large

I know our costs are (a lot) higher than theirs (because we have proper players) but with the sales / purchases we made in the summer won't we make a smaller loss than them this financial year?

1 hour ago, Crackers Corner said:

Is that the genuine headline? If so I think he will be gone shortly as gas board can’t let a dig at them go in my view.

tbf he is right, the hopes they had when they were taken over are ebbing away and he has had the rug when and truly pulled from his feet in terms of his squad pre season. I think they will be very lucky to stay in league one by the end of the season as it stands.

You're right but why has he even mentioned us? To gain support from the simpletons? Weird quote and he won't be long about unless another lot of asset strippers are buying the racist rovers. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Lita For Congo said:

You're right but why has he even mentioned us? To gain support from the simpletons? Weird quote and he won't be long about unless another lot of asset strippers are buying the racist rovers. 

I was wondering if he was speaking out because a takeover is imminent so feels safe doing so, other thought is he wants out and is calling out the board hoping they get rid so he gets paid off?

33 minutes ago, CiderJar said:

He's not blaming the players, he's not blaming people at the club, but he's blaming the players and people at the club.... and something about big gonads.

***** contradicts himself every week ? he fits that club perfectly. ??

1 hour ago, slartibartfast said:

It'a miss quote..........he actually said " ...............is no EXPENSE"

WTF does that mean ?

That’s what I thought Slarts. 

What the actual f does “money is no expense” mean. Money is always an expense, by its very being.

What a bizarre bloke. Clearly has no understanding of what money is. I suppose he hasn’t seen any of it at rovers for years, and can only assume he gets his canine-kicks for free. 

Edited by Harry
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, slartibartfast said:

It'a miss quote..........he actually said " ...............is no EXPENSE"

WTF does that mean ?

1 hour ago, 54-46 said:

Thought the same

That's what I said in an earlier post. 

The knobcheese actually said..."....money is no expense". Not, 'money is no object'. 

He talk with gash tongue speak.

Then again, nothing new with the media misquoting individuals. 

3 hours ago, Sergio Georgini said:

Looks like we've had a shout out from the overrated, outdated dog lover.. (It won't allow me to say the N word, no not THAT one!).

Astonishing outburst. He might struggle to survive that.

I also find it rather odd that he chose to directly compare them to us. We are literally not in their league. They are competing with other L1 clubs, not us, so that should be his frame of reference. If money was no object for all the other L1 clubs he might have a point...but Rovers are currently lower in the table than megaclubs such as Accrington Stanley, Fleetwood Town and Shrewsbury.

It suggests he has an unhealthy obsession with us that is distracting him from the job in hand.

• Like 10

39 minutes ago, Harry said:

That’s what I thought Slarts. 

What the actual f does “money is no expense” mean. Money is always an expense, by its very being.

What a bizarre bloke. Clearly has no understanding of what money is. I suppose he hasn’t seen any of it at rovers for years, and can only assume he gets his canine-kicks for free. 

I noticed that as well, I guess that having money means you have incurred any expenses, in their case, no cash, no expense.

Unlucky 'da shit' or whatever they say.

10 hours ago, El Hombrecito said:

They've even installed a posh tent over the portaloos in the away end. Not to mention that executive disabled stand. Will improvements never end! ?

IMG-20181006-WA0003.jpg

What a dump. Why don't they ground share with Swindon?  Similar amount of fans with the same mental capacity. Even the county ground doesn't have portaloos.

2 minutes ago, Swede said:

What a dump. Why don't they ground share with Swindon?  Similar amount of fans with the same mental capacity. Even the county ground doesn't have portaloos.

As much as I dislike Swindon Town fans collectively, given the way the Gash hoolies behaved there a few years back I wouldn't blame STFC for not wanting them anywhere near the County Ground.

4 hours ago, Sergio Georgini said:

What the hell does our situation have anything to do with Moron FC??

Do we compare our situation with any team in a league above. 

It's truly bizarre.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

It suggests he has an unhealthy obsession with us that is distracting him from the job in hand.

He was in the Hartlepool side that was beaten by us in the 2004 Play Offs. Probably still got the noise of the goal celebrations ringing in his ears.

Louder than the Nou Camp according to Graham Poll (funnily enough can’t say I’ve ever heard the Mem described like that). 

Happy Days.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Sergio Georgini said:

How dare he mention us and our finances? Seriously, he has no right. We are nothing to do with that joke of a football club. We share a city, nothing else.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Astonishing outburst. He might struggle to survive that.

I also find it rather odd that he chose to directly compare them to us. We are literally not in their league. They are competing with other L1 clubs, not us, so that should be his frame of reference. If money was no object for all the other L1 clubs he might have a point...but Rovers are currently lower in the table than megaclubs such as Accrington Stanley, Fleetwood Town and Shrewsbury.

He also seems to have failed to notice that we have sold the likes of Kodjia and Reid without LJ throwing his toys out of the pram.

Furthermore that the financial gap between us and big clubs in our own league is likely rather bigger than the gap between them and most clubs in theirs.

• Like 5

He has to be angling for the sack surely? He`s been coming out with all sorts of thinly veiled digs at the owners for weeks which clearly haven`t worked so he`s decided to try and push things further now. He`s hoping he can make them angry enough to fire him irrespective of the financial consequences.

Training on Monday should be interesting!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, David Brent said:

How dare he mention us and our finances? Seriously, he has no right. We are nothing to do with that joke of a football club. We share a city, nothing else.

And even if he does think there is value in saying it the two situations could not be more different. We are where we are now due to a good few years now of sound financial management and a long term vision of what we want to achieve with an owner, staff and players (mostly) pulling in the same direction. They are suffering from years of under-investment and incompetence with no plan to change things any time soon.

The difference is that we have learned from our mistakes and they haven`t. Has anyone noticed that, among the many feeble insults hurled at us by the blue few, they no longer refer to us as a rich man`s plaything so at least their dense tiny brains have realised that they are far more that than we ever were or will be.

It does make a difference of course that our owner is genuinely wealthy rather than a fraud with a nice watch.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

He was in the Hartlepool side that was beaten by us in the 2004 Play Offs. Probably still got the noise of the goal celebrations ringing in his ears.

Louder than the Nou Camp according to Graham Poll (funnily enough can’t say I’ve ever heard the Mem described like that). 

Happy Days.

Coincidentally, Graham Poll described the Mem as resembling a new camp.

• Haha 9

7 hours ago, Swede said:

They did last time we were there.

Just a couple for the away end, and they stank, just like their team on that day?  ?

• Like 1