2 hours ago, TinMan's left peg said:

Ok, very difficult to narrow down but I’m going 

1. Relegated from the entire league by a team wearing their kit

2. Open top bus tour

3. Santa’s grotto

4. Brexit statement

5. Row M of the new tent 

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

1. Relegated from the entire league by a team wearing their kit.  That was a day I will never forget, Radio Bristol phone in was comedy gold, and I was in the Essex in Kingswood that night....brilliant, just brilliant. Thick shites didn't realise we were taking the piss. Marvellous night that was.

2. The UWE open day "stand" which showed in spades just how tinpot that insignificant little shite of a club are.

3. The open top bus tour - what possessed them ? it was cringing and embarrassing - but they're used to that.

4. The Al Qadi's. "6th richest club in England", "we're coming to get you", etc etc, carrying 'ol Wally on their shoulders up the Gloucester Road - now look at 'em.

5. Santas Grotto sums them up but there are so many more gifts, too many to mention - the tents and the new "family stand", far too many.

They truly are the gift that keeps giving.

A totally unprofessional and tinpot outfit.

Read 'em and weep Pikeys. 

Matty Taylor..!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Moor2Sea said:

The photo of the plastic porch canopy above the entrance to one of their stands, celebrated on their website as a Summer ground improvement was a classic. 

The wrong type of sand applied to their cabbage patch another. 

They just can’t help themselves. 

Oh yes - the new canopy over the ‘hospitality’ entrance - they boasted about it.....we laughed.....again.....

2 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

I`ve said it before and I`ll say it again - I sometimes think that the club are a long term installation project by the KLF. However, I doubt that, even in the most twisted parts of Bill Drummond and Jimmy Cauty`s imaginations, that they could dream up a stunt as convincing as BRFC.

Ether that or it`s the most successful project they`ve ever undertaken and it`s now taken on such a life of it`s own that it won`t stop until the whole thing self -destructs.

This is a very strong post and deserves lots of praise.

When Wall-e took over (aka his parents bought him a cowboy outfit), they never actually paid off the debts and so Higgs & co were (are) still owed mega bucks. 

At the time the benefit for Mr Higgs was that he wasn't having to keep putting his hands in his pockets to bail out the sinking pirate ship.

Fast forward to now and Walle-e doesn't have a debt (loan) requirement of £12m as Mr Higgs can go and sh*ft himself.

Just another perspective in this glorious comparison, to Steve Lansdown spending £12m (as a £2.5 billionaire), is effectively spending just £4,800 of his wealth when compared to that of a millionaire and who wouldn't want to be a millionaire? 

(maths calculation - a billionaire is 1,000 times richer than a millionaire, Steve is 2,500 times richer than a millionaire, ergo £12m divided by 2500 = £4,800.00

In other words, our benefactor f'n rich and could bail them out for almost pocket money, of course he wouldn't, but the sags can dream 

Long live Mr L

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Point of order...

Was the bus tour within the last 5 years? Granted, it feels like yesterday - it's impossible to think of it with a straight face - but have they not been back in the league for longer?

They have been a League club for 3 ad a half years, so the open top bid fiasco was well within the 5 year timeline.

5 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Matty Taylor..!

Great shout, how could we forget that? :laughcont:

So, so many hilarious gifts.

I don’t think anything can beat getting relegated out of the entire League. The fact it happened against a club wearing a Bristol Rovers kit is beautifully symbolic of their habit of shooting themselves in the foot that has been with them for decades.

Even hardened Gasheads have to admit they are ‘the Gift that keeps on giving’.

What a bunch of absolute clowns :laughcont:

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

I`ve said it before and I`ll say it again - I sometimes think that the club are a long term installation project by the KLF. However, I doubt that, even in the most twisted parts of Bill Drummond and Jimmy Cauty`s imaginations, that they could dream up a stunt as convincing as BRFC.

Ether that or it`s the most successful project they`ve ever undertaken and it`s now taken on such a life of it`s own that it won`t stop until the whole thing self -destructs.

Maybe it is a Banksy work?  We are all laughing at the tents, but what if they are secretly giant shredders that will activate as soon as Wally sells?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

Maybe it is a Banksy work?  We are all laughing at the tents, but what if they are secretly giant shredders that will activate as soon as Wally sells?

They'll be lost to the wind before anybody buys that cowboy outfit.

6 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

It’s not possible to sum up how amusing they are in just one word. So here are a few words just to get started with....

Hitchin, Barrow, Chesham, Bath City..... !

Bath City knocking them out of the FA Trophy on their own patch was especially good with both a former City player and a City fan scoring past them..

That Bath team was full of former City lads/fans. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

They have been a League club for 3 ad a half years, so the open top bid fiasco was well within the 5 year timeline.

Would be strangely fitting if that desolate bus journey had actually been conceived as some kind of auctioning off. Nope, no takers for that either!