IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 minutes ago, JulieH said:

Yes it was more significant than that!

Dogs are fine, back out and about today thankfully. 

I saw the trouble before the game at the back of the Blackthorn end and it was most definitely more than the normal Stone Island/Adidas wearing youths arms outstretched yelling 'Come on then' at each other, they were actually punching each other! It was all very retro :)

I did see the Oxford mob outside the pub on Gloucester Road after the game and there were plenty of police so I was surprised when it all did kick off again.. If we are going to back to the 70s I hope we can get Smash and Grab back.

24 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Gas eagerly await the FA cup First round draw tonight to see who they will go out to .

It's on Monday. Don't you lot know anything about the 1st round of the cup?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Although...I was at Ayresome Park once in the early ‘90s - we hadn’t won up there for over 80 years apparently - we were given a pen and Tinnion hit it so hard that it went into the back of the net like an Exocet missile, hit an advertisement hoarding behind the goal through the netting and bounced straight back out - because of the velocity it looked like it had hit the post. So we were all stood there looking miserable when the teams suddenly stood in their formations for Boro to kick off from the centre spot. It was only then we realised that we’d scored...a proper delayed celebration! And we won 0-1....

Was there that day too.  Only shot we had on goal.  I recall a Boro fan invading the pitch to protest about Lennie Lawrence.

3 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I saw the trouble before the game at the back of the Blackthorn end and it was most definitely more than the normal Stone Island/Adidas wearing youths arms outstretched yelling 'Come on then' at each other, they were actually punching each other! It was all very retro :)

I did see the Oxford mob outside the pub on Gloucester Road after the game and there were plenty of police so I was surprised when it all did kick off again.. If we are going to back to the 70s I hope we can get Smash and Grab back.

Yes you are correct, definitely much more than normal handbags!

i am confident we are not going back to the 70s but at this time there has been an increase in football related disorder nationally, it is not normally as violent as this but there is an increase particularly the lower leagues .

lots of debate as to why, but nevertheless I think it is important to point out these people are very much in the minority and not normal football fans. 

Hope rovers form picks up soon, I was at burton and rovers fans were very subdued about everything, not like them at all!! 

6 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

Was there that day too.  Only shot we had on goal.  I recall a Boro fan invading the pitch to protest about Lennie Lawrence.

I went to that game

It will stick in my mind because of the choice of watering hole we choose before the game! What i thought was a fairly safe venue called Chaplins wasn't small at all and the rear of the joint was a sea of not to friendly locals.

We survived but didn't stay long.

5 minutes ago, JulieH said:

i am confident we are not going back to the 70s but at this time there has been an increase in football related disorder nationally, it is not normally as violent as this but there is an increase particularly the lower leagues .

lots of debate as to why, but nevertheless I think it is important to point out these people are very much in the minority and not normal football fans. 

Hope rovers form picks up soon, I was at burton and rovers fans were very subdued about everything, not like them at all!! 

Aww shucks thank you. However you may have just alienated most of your fanbase :)

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, JulieH said:

Hope rovers form carries on, I was at burton and rovers fans were very subdued about everything, it was hilarious :yes:

Fixed that for you, remember where you are :thumbsup:

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Need to know basis , Miah me old mate . 

:thumbsup:

7 minutes ago, JulieH said:

That's a strange way of spelling 'go out of business' Julie.

You will get zero people on here, Miah apart, agreeing with your point. The rest of us hope they lose every single game they play.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

That's a strange way of spelling 'go out of business' Julie.

You will get zero people on here, Miah apart, agreeing with your point. The rest of us hope they lose every single game they play.

I am used to people on here not agreeing with me !

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I have no words currently for this...

stokegiffordgas Avatar
stokegiffordgas
Reserve Team
about an hour ago
Our performance has been covered elsewhere but how the hell do we do consistently get such poor officials at the mem? I remember reading sone time ago (probably on here) that referees going up the leagues or being fast tracked are given our home games so that assessors can see how they react to (relatively) large crowds. If that's the case now then I feel it is working against us as they try to show they are not biased - that's the only way I can explain the idiot 'in charge' yesterday. Even the assistants didn't have a hat so how could they see when facing the sun. The fact that we had no officials at the world cup to and says a lot too
Edited by GreedyHarry
To highlight the muppetry in bold
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 11
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, GreedyHarry said:

stokegiffordgas Avatar
stokegiffordgas
Reserve Team
about an hour ago
Our performance has been covered elsewhere but how the hell do we do consistently get such poor officials at the mem? I remember reading sone time ago (probably on here) that referees going up the leagues or being fast tracked are given our home games so that assessors can see how they react to (relatively) large crowds. If that's the case now then I feel it is working against us as they try to show they are not biased - that's the only way I can explain the idiot 'in charge' yesterday. Even the assistants didn't have a hat so how could they see when facing the sun. The fact that we had no officials at the world cup to and says a lot too

Deluded idiots. They genuinely think the outside World marvels at their 7/8k attendances :laughcont:

Some on Slagchat are predicting a sub 7k crowd on Tuesday night. I expect the FA are frantically trying to decide who they can send to officiate a game in that cauldron of noise and intimidation.

• Haha 3

From Slagchat ... can't think why they're in trouble!

I thought I would do a bit of searching and found that our last 14 Home games in League 1 reads P 14  W 2  D 6  L  6 . That is just 12 points out of 42! Our away record over the similar period is P 14 W 2  D  5  L  7 - A total of 11 points out of 42 which means that our last 28 games have yielded only 23 points out of 84. personally I would look on away games as a win or a draw being successful and at home only a win being a successful result which means out of 28 projects only 9 have been successful!! We have only scored 18 goals in those 28 games.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, GreedyHarry said:

stokegiffordgas Avatar
stokegiffordgas
Reserve Team
about an hour ago

Relative to what? A Barron Knights concert? A school sports day on the Isle of Scilly? Salisbury when it was sealed off due to the Novichok poisoning?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Deluded idiots. They genuinely think the outside World marvels at their 7/8k attendances :laughcont:

Some on Slagchat are predicting a sub 7k crowd on Tuesday night. I expect the FA are frantically trying to decide who they can send to officiate a game in that cauldron of noise and intimidation.

There are no premier league games so Mike Dean might be available if he`s not pencilled in for a Champions League game. I`m sure he`d love the chance to officiate at such a huge game, it would be the pinnacle of his career.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Super said:

I cannot believe someone would be so braindead as to chuck a firework at another human being.

I assume it was the fireworks they were originally going to let off to celebrate staying in the Football League after the Mansfield game? ;) 

1 hour ago, Miah Dennehy said:

There's a first round?!

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

There are no premier league games so Mike Dean might be available if he`s not pencilled in for a Champions League game. I`m sure he`d love the chance to officiate at such a huge game, it would be the pinnacle of his career.

Against teams like Fleetwood and Rochdale, Sunderland (a genuinely well supported club you deluded Sags) are getting 29k attendances. 

Pompey are getting 18k crowds, Bradford 16k. Coventry, Charlton and Barnsley are getting around 11k. Plymouth and Luton also have higher attendances that the Worlds most ‘loyal’ football fans from BS7.

So yeah, I can really see why the FA would be desperate to send referees to tent City as a training exercise in dealing with huge crowds. :blink:

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 4

32 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Atletico used to play at the Vincente Calderon. The gas play at the mem-tenty Cauldron.

• Haha 2