IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

12 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Against teams like Fleetwood and Rochdale, Sunderland (a genuinely well supported club you deluded Sags) are getting 29k attendances. 

Pompey are getting 18k crowds, Bradford 16k. Coventry, Charlton and Barnsley are getting around 11k. Plymouth and Luton also have higher attendances that the Worlds most ‘loyal’ football fans from BS7.

So yeah, I can really see why the FA would be desperate to send referees to tent City as a training exercise in dealing with huge crowds. :blink:

Would have thought it would be an incentive - improve or you'll be condemned to this for the rest of your career.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, GreedyHarry said:

I have no words currently for this...

stokegiffordgas Avatar
stokegiffordgas
Reserve Team
about an hour ago
Our performance has been covered elsewhere but how the hell do we do consistently get such poor officials at the mem? I remember reading sone time ago (probably on here) that referees going up the leagues or being fast tracked are given our home games so that assessors can see how they react to (relatively) large crowds. If that's the case now then I feel it is working against us as they try to show they are not biased - that's the only way I can explain the idiot 'in charge' yesterday. Even the assistants didn't have a hat so how could they see when facing the sun. The fact that we had no officials at the world cup to and says a lot too

Looks like one of them has word for it. He's almost right, but it is not 'ammunition' they keep giving us, it's a 'gift':

gassygas

gassygas Avatar

Member is Online

Posting Level

Next Level in 4 posts
10 minutes ago

Quote Edit fS0fyuiIrKpacSxYyqiQ.pnglikedislike
Post Options

Post by gassygas on 10 minutes ago

stokegiffordgas Avatar
Our performance has been covered elsewhere but how the hell do we do consistently get such poor officials at the mem? I remember reading sone time ago (probably on here) that referees going up the leagues or being fast tracked are given our home games so that assessors can see how they react to (relatively) large crowds. If that's the case now then I feel it is working against us as they try to show they are not biased - that's the only way I can explain the idiot 'in charge' yesterday. Even the assistants didn't have a hat so how could they see when facing the sun. The fact that we had no officials at the world cup to and says a lot too.

Sorry, but I hate threads like this. All fans think the officials are against them, and only ever see the decisions that go against them while ignoring the decisions in their favour.
We simply need to play better, or more to the point actually score a goal.

If the up and coming refs are sent to teams with big support, we're not getting the fastest track one are we? Yesterdays attendances:

Bradford 15,875
Charlton 12,416
Luton 8,953
Plymouth 8,190
Portsmouth 18,046
Shrewsbury 9,007

GAS 8,506

Please, stop giving ammunition to you-know who.
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Against teams like Fleetwood and Rochdale, Sunderland (a genuinely well supported club you deluded Sags) are getting 29k attendances. 

Pompey are getting 18k crowds, Bradford 16k. Coventry, Charlton and Barnsley are getting around 11k. Plymouth and Luton also have higher attendances that the Worlds most ‘loyal’ football fans from BS7.

So yeah, I can really see why the FA would be desperate to send referees to tent City as a training exercise in dealing with huge crowds. :blink:

Well, there are 8 clubs above them re attendances in the third tier and I can't see it improving..

Deluded idiots.

Home attendances

Average attendance Lowest Highest Total Capacity * %Full
1  Sunderland  bar_gray.jpg 30,000 28,727 32,193 180,002 48,707 61.6%
2  Portsmouth  bar_gray.jpg 18,352 17,634 19,018 128,469 21,100 87.0%
3  Bradford  bar_gray.jpg 16,691 15,302 19,487 116,838 25,136 66.4%
4  Coventry City  bar_gray.jpg 11,964 9,879 16,407 83,750 32,500 36.8%
5  Barnsley  bar_gray.jpg 11,789 10,717 12,820 70,734 23,009 51.2%
6  Charlton  bar_gray.jpg 10,476 8,810 12,416 73,336 27,111 38.7%
7  Luton Town  bar_gray.jpg 9,101 8,518 10,059 63,712 10,226 89.0%
8  Plymouth  bar_gray.jpg 9,012 8,532 9,886 54,076 21,100 42.7%
9  Bristol Rovers  bar_gray.jpg 8,514 7,768 9,073 51,087 12,300 69.2%

18 hours ago, Dolman Block B said:

Oxford fans on their forums saying

” The Mem is a circus”

Tents here there everywhere 

Obviously didn't appreciate Gas efforts to make their Uni student town visitors feel at home... ffs The Mem has even been transformed into a virtual CAMP US … what more could Wally have done for 'em?  … Some people eh? 

4 hours ago, Bob Taylor is GOD said:

I was at that game too - we thought we had lost 1:0 until hearing the results on the radio on way home!

Didn’t you notice Andy Leaning running back and punching the air..? You must have thought it was very odd when the away end went mental (if not a little bemused!) trusting that we had actually scored. 

I recall we could see through the fof that one of players drove forward and fired a low shot across goal. 

Certainly couldn’t see then it went in though, but Andy Leaning did let us all know. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

I really hope the Rent Boys draw WSM in the FA Cup - would be better than Hitchin, Bath, Chesham, Barrow, Braintree and Altrincham combined if they lost to them.

I think they’d have a pretty good chance of getting a draw if the first tie was at Weston. What an achievement that would be!

Then who knows if the intimidating slum of the memorial ground would be too unsettling for WSM and they might even make it through to the second round..! 

3 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I saw the trouble before the game at the back of the Blackthorn end and it was most definitely more than the normal Stone Island/Adidas wearing youths arms outstretched yelling 'Come on then' at each other, they were actually punching each other! It was all very retro :)

I did see the Oxford mob outside the pub on Gloucester Road after the game and there were plenty of police so I was surprised when it all did kick off again.. If we are going to back to the 70s I hope we can get Smash and Grab back.

It's on Monday. Don't you lot know anything about the 1st round of the cup?

why do you need them you now have hoof and miss?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, GreedyHarry said:

I have no words currently for this...

stokegiffordgas Avatar
stokegiffordgas
Reserve Team
about an hour ago
Our performance has been covered elsewhere but how the hell do we do consistently get such poor officials at the mem? I remember reading sone time ago (probably on here) that referees going up the leagues or being fast tracked are given our home games so that assessors can see how they react to (relatively) large crowds. If that's the case now then I feel it is working against us as they try to show they are not biased - that's the only way I can explain the idiot 'in charge' yesterday. Even the assistants didn't have a hat so how could they see when facing the sun. The fact that we had no officials at the world cup to and says a lot too

So, they think that the reason they're not doing so well this year is because referees are trying not to be biased....?? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cider_boy said:

Looks like one of them has word for it. He's almost right, but it is not 'ammunition' they keep giving us, it's a 'gift':

gassygas

gassygas Avatar

Member is Online

Posting Level

Next Level in 4 posts
10 minutes ago

Quote Edit fS0fyuiIrKpacSxYyqiQ.pnglikedislike
Post Options

Post by gassygas on 10 minutes ago

stokegiffordgas Avatar
Our performance has been covered elsewhere but how the hell do we do consistently get such poor officials at the mem? I remember reading sone time ago (probably on here) that referees going up the leagues or being fast tracked are given our home games so that assessors can see how they react to (relatively) large crowds. If that's the case now then I feel it is working against us as they try to show they are not biased - that's the only way I can explain the idiot 'in charge' yesterday. Even the assistants didn't have a hat so how could they see when facing the sun. The fact that we had no officials at the world cup to and says a lot too.

Sorry, but I hate threads like this. All fans think the officials are against them, and only ever see the decisions that go against them while ignoring the decisions in their favour.
We simply need to play better, or more to the point actually score a goal.

If the up and coming refs are sent to teams with big support, we're not getting the fastest track one are we? Yesterdays attendances:

Bradford 15,875
Charlton 12,416
Luton 8,953
Plymouth 8,190
Portsmouth 18,046
Shrewsbury 9,007

GAS 8,506

Please, stop giving ammunition to you-know who.

Voldemort?

2 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Well, there are 8 clubs above them re attendances in the third tier and I can't see it improving..

Deluded idiots.

Home attendances

Average attendance Lowest Highest Total Capacity * %Full
1  Sunderland  bar_gray.jpg 30,000 28,727 32,193 180,002 48,707 61.6%
2  Portsmouth  bar_gray.jpg 18,352 17,634 19,018 128,469 21,100 87.0%
3  Bradford  bar_gray.jpg 16,691 15,302 19,487 116,838 25,136 66.4%
4  Coventry City  bar_gray.jpg 11,964 9,879 16,407 83,750 32,500 36.8%
5  Barnsley  bar_gray.jpg 11,789 10,717 12,820 70,734 23,009 51.2%
6  Charlton  bar_gray.jpg 10,476 8,810 12,416 73,336 27,111 38.7%
7  Luton Town  bar_gray.jpg 9,101 8,518 10,059 63,712 10,226 89.0%
8  Plymouth  bar_gray.jpg 9,012 8,532 9,886 54,076 21,100 42.7%
9  Bristol Rovers  bar_gray.jpg 8,514 7,768 9,073 51,087 12,300 69.2%

69.2% of capacity, that can't be right as they keep saying "we have outgrown the Mem " be interesting to see their crowd on Tuesday against Wimbledon, be lucky to get 7k I reckon.

2 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Deluded idiots. They genuinely think the outside World marvels at their 7/8k attendances :laughcont:

Some on Slagchat are predicting a sub 7k crowd on Tuesday night. I expect the FA are frantically trying to decide who they can send to officiate a game in that cauldron of noise and intimidation.

Tuesday night its ManU v Juventus which is likely to have an adverse impact upon their attentance (sic) as the 'loyal and true' make sure that they watch their favourite team on Sky.

Surprise surprise it was them pesky teds again...

6 hours ago via mobile
Post Options

Post by kruger on 6 hours ago

matealotblue Avatar
quartered Avatar
Those of you that have made rumours up - I hope you had your fun and enjoyed it whilst successfully destroying any form of good mood that may have developed this season! If you know Nothing but have spouted lies then you in my book are worse than a shithead!

Perhaps they are.....who knows?  :confused:

totally agree well said

10 minutes ago, Unan said:

Surprise surprise it was them pesky teds again...

6 hours ago via mobile
Post Options

Post by kruger on 6 hours ago

matealotblue Avatar
quartered Avatar
Those of you that have made rumours up - I hope you had your fun and enjoyed it whilst successfully destroying any form of good mood that may have developed this season! If you know Nothing but have spouted lies then you in my book are worse than a shithead!

Perhaps they are.....who knows?  :confused:

totally agree well said

Even in the midst of all the disasters and threats of relegation and administration that they`re facing on a daily basis hatred of us is still all consuming for them.

It would all be quite sad really (if it wasn`t so ******* funny).

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I think they’d have a pretty good chance of getting a draw if the first tie was at Weston. What an achievement that would be!

Then who knows if the intimidating slum of the memorial ground would be too unsettling for WSM and they might even make it through to the second round..! 

Imagine how many City would go to that one??

21 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/man-arrested-after-significant-disorder-2130871

This clears everything up, was 100% them ‘teds’ as we were away today so a fair few of them decided that spending an afternoon kicking off on Glos Road was the way to go, after all the Sags would never dream of chasing opposing fans down a residential street would they.

To$$ers

They will when it is 10 v 5