IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

I was in the Royal Oak on the Gloucester Road when the police penned in a bunch of school kids.  Usual Burberry uniform and hilarious to see a young police officer pull the scarf off of a pre pubescent's face.  Some old guy (85?) said he was going for a smoke and just stood in the middle of these idiots. Maybe 40-50 kids .... pricks the lot of them.  My Jack Russell would have had a field day ... 

10 minutes ago, swampy said:

I was in the Royal Oak on the Gloucester Road when the police penned in a bunch of school kids.  Usual Burberry uniform and hilarious to see a young police officer pull the scarf off of a pre pubescent's face.  Some old guy (85?) said he was going for a smoke and just stood in the middle of these idiots. Maybe 40-50 kids .... pricks the lot of them.  My Jack Russell would have had a field day ... 

Sounds familiar - me and a couple of mates went over to watch England play New Zealand at Cricket at Glamorgan’s ground last year....after the game we popped into a bar near Cardiff Station for a snifter, one of my mates had a City training top on....well that was it....like moths to a flame we were suddenly surrounded by a load of young gasheads, at least 15 of them. They liked those 15 v 3 odds so gave us loads - we just stood there smiling as they bellowed ‘Shithead, shithead’ into our faces followed by a ‘rousing’ rendition of ‘Goodnight Irene’ - we just stood there smiling and suddenly the buxom Welsh landlady just went beserk, charged around the bar and yelled at them to shut up and get out - and the spotty gas boys fled! You can’t buy comedy like that!

But, in total contrast, during the lunch break at the Cricket that day we popped out of the ground and went to a back street boozer nearby. Our accents aroused interest, as well as my mate’s training top, and we were surrounded by a group of locals. But how different this experience was to the one we’d have later after the game with the gas kids....these guys were proper old school Cardiff fans and they were very happy to have a beer with us and a chat about the old days. These chaps hadn’t attended a Cardiff game since the red kit debacle, they were very passionate about their club but hated what it had become. They also said they really missed the old Ninian Park days, especially ‘When Bristol City came to town’....we had a really good chat about what a day at the football used to be like and the hatred between our two clubs, but they also made us feel so welcome in their pub and we enjoyed a few drinks together. There was much mutual respect, we shook hands and went back to the cricket.

So, so different to the immature gas ***** that we encountered later on that day.....do they really think ‘Shithead, shithead’ is gonna make us run away?! Anyway, the landlady took them on single-handedly and saw them off!

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Against teams like Fleetwood and Rochdale, Sunderland (a genuinely well supported club you deluded Sags) are getting 29k attendances. 

Pompey are getting 18k crowds, Bradford 16k. Coventry, Charlton and Barnsley are getting around 11k. Plymouth and Luton also have higher attendances that the Worlds most ‘loyal’ football fans from BS7.

So yeah, I can really see why the FA would be desperate to send referees to tent City as a training exercise in dealing with huge crowds. :blink:

I think they've confused referees with refugees.

6 hours ago, Tomarse said:

I’m starting to think GasChat is an elaborate hoax/artistic experiment by Banksy. 

It’s a bit like a forum version of “this country” where it highlights stereotypes & social classes, but in an exaggerated way that couldn’t actually be possible in real life. Could it..?! 

Again I remember it well, we were beaten at home by Arsenal that day (god what a team they had) , and the loss was somewhat softened by the Spurs result being broadcast over the PA (you could hear it in those days) as we left the Gate - Honestly grown men crying with laughter

Special mention to Agent Lee on his 4 goals for Spurs that day (yep ANOTHER Colin)

Edited by BRIAN WILSON

20 hours ago, JulieH said:

I was working this game yesterday and present at all of this disorder. It was probably one of the most violent football disorders I have been involved for a number of years.

i am very very happy that the dogs were present, without them there would have no doubt been considerably more disorder and injuries to police officers. I will be sending them a box of bonios with thanks!!!

i am continuing reviewing footage and will identify any offenders who have been caught committing offences.

we have released a statement and are keen to point out this is a very small minority of so called fans, I am hopeful for further arrests from both sides once footage has been reviewed. 

To be fair you lot usually miss it going off, so not surprised that this seemed like large scale disorder. I hope the dogs are ok, they and the horses are always the poor innocents when this happens. 

It seems that Oxford took the piss before and after the game, a good100 or so mobbing up in the gas Hobgoblin.

#woofcup 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, JulieH said:

Yes you are correct, definitely much more than normal handbags!

i am confident we are not going back to the 70s but at this time there has been an increase in football related disorder nationally, it is not normally as violent as this but there is an increase particularly the lower leagues .

lots of debate as to why, but nevertheless I think it is important to point out these people are very much in the minority and not normal football fans. 

Hope rovers form picks up soon, I was at burton and rovers fans were very subdued about everything, not like them at all!! 

Why don't you shove your gas sentiments somewhere dark and cold, I think you are on the wrong forum ffs!

copper shows gas colours on city forum shock!

#anotherclevercopper#gaslogic 

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

39 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

Why don't you shove your gas sentiments somewhere dark and cold, I think you are on the wrong forum ffs!

copper shows gas colours on city forum shock!

#anotherclevercopper#gaslogic 

She has to at least act impartial in the interests of professionalism in her role. She has said she's a City fan, she's just doing her job... I'd much rather she posts here and provides the information while being fair to both clubs, than not posting at all because of her personal football club preferences.

• Like 17

4 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

She has to at least act impartial in the interests of professionalism in her role. She has said she's a City fan, she's just doing her job... I'd much rather she posts here and provides the information while being fair to both clubs, than not posting at all because of her personal football club preferences.

Id rather she didn't post at all but thats just my view of course.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hmmm 1

3 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Id rather she didn't post at all but thats just my view of course.

Well we can agree to disagree then. I don't see any harm in what she does and if anything it provides us some more insight which we otherwise wouldn't have had. I'm not going to throw my toys out of the pram just because she gave a bit of support to the blue few, as part of her job.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, YorkshireSection said:

To be fair you lot usually miss it going off, so not surprised that this seemed like large scale disorder. I hope the dogs are ok, they and the horses are always the poor innocents when this happens. 

It seems that Oxford took the piss before and after the game, a good100 or so mobbing up in the gas Hobgoblin.

#woofcup 

Yes I would agree with the figure 100. 

6 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

More than a snake as well ? Cocked up big time there, didn't they ???

All the more amusing when Taylor was injured and they kept going on about how he was crap and couldn't get in the side... overlooking the fact we were scoring well at the time.

They sign a replacement who even though he hasn't scored in a year keeps getting selected because they have no alternative options.