IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

27 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

We got humped by Barnet the last two times we played them....both in 2005 - they gubbed us 3-2 in the LDV Vans Trophy and 2-4 in the League Cup at Ashton Gate - and the crowd that night at our stadium was less than 4k - not much to crow about there! Oh, and Gary Bull didn’t play in either game, he left Barnet 12 years before those fixtures to join Forest....

November 1989, 2-0 FA cup, knew I wasn't going mad... 

Edited by B1ackbird

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Blimey, we’ve played them in quite a few different cup competitions! Did Bully mark 2 play in that one?

He did, I remember it well - mainly for the fact a mate of ours asked, in all seriousness, which one of the two strikers he was.

Gary Bull`s strike partner that day was Andy Clarke!

11 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Yes, much mirth ensued - he had a knack of asking stupid questions like that! Clarke did go on to the Dons I think and hat a pretty good career there IIRC.

I remember a very fiery, passionate exchange with a non City fan about Andy Cole....I can’t remember how it came up but this guy was absolutely adamant that Andy Cole was ‘the young white fella’ - we obviously told him he’d got the wrong guy but he was insistent and went on and on about it....then he eventually came out with the gem ‘You are all wrong, Andy Cole is the young white guy who used to play for West Ham’ - the look on his face when I solemnly said ‘That was Joe Cole mate..’ 

1 hour ago, redsquirrel said:

just finished doing a jigsaw with my mrs. is it Mansfield playing?

who is it.jpg

There isn’t much to suggest a travelling  army of visiting fans, so yes, could well be! The loco, if I’ve read the number correctly, was withdrawn from service in1958 when it was based at Goole  (25c). Nice placement of the gas holders!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, weepywall said:

So it's their old rivals Barnet, isn't that the team that won Division 5(???) when the pikeys were down there and I think it may be Barnet that beat them in a league cup qualifier to give them the honour of being the only league club not to enter the league cup proper????

I always think of it being Boston who beat them in a league cup qualifier. Could be wrong though. 

A quick perusal of related companies:

DWANE DEVELOPMENTS UK LIMITED

Not a lot going on here; first required accounts filing 30 September 2019.

WIZTEK LIMITED

Now this is odd.  The company is 100% owned by Hani Al Qadi but without apparently trading it now has losses of £1.0m which are covered by a debt to to Hani Al Qadi.  There is nothing dodgy about this, it's just odd and why would you want to do it?

My guess is that an asset valued at £1m and currently owned by a AQ company will be transferred into it.  The land, or part of the land, for the "training ground" is the obvious candidate.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

A quick perusal of related companies:

DWANE DEVELOPMENTS UK LIMITED

Not a lot going on here; first required accounts filing 30 September 2019.

WIZTEK LIMITED

Now this is odd.  The company is 100% owned by Hani Al Qadi but without apparently trading it now has losses of £1.0m which are covered by a debt to to Hani Al Qadi.  There is nothing dodgy about this, it's just odd and why would you want to do it?

My guess is that an asset valued at £1m and currently owned by a AQ company will be transferred into it.  The land, or part of the land, for the "training ground" is the obvious candidate.

The 'TEK' part of the name gives it away. It's Henbury's business (mind you, its value has been signified downgraded).

14 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

The 'TEK' part of the name gives it away. It's Henbury's business (mind you, its value has been signified downgraded).

Sorry but you're wrong Rudolph old fruit , it's meant to read " take " as in " taken for a ride " .

The correct and full translation is We take Ltd .

Edited by Major Isewater
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Barnet fans looking forward to Rovers visiting fans and their 'anthem'.

One negative for me, though. That bloody Irene song.
I HATE Goodnight Irene.
It's got to be THE most uninspirational of all football songs. Do they sing it just to send the opposition players and fans to sleep?
I shall stand right next to our drummer in the hope he bangs the drum loud enough to drown that bloody awful song from my ears.

When I become King, as I surely will, I will ban that 'kin song. Then I'll sell Wales.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

When I become King, as I surely will, I will ban that 'kin song. Then I'll sell Wales.

This claim began with the sensible suggestion of you becoming King; which is most certainly possible.

But finding somebody prepared to PAY for Wales is just going too far, Rudolf. ?

• Haha 4