IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Evil Post are reporting that BCFC are owned by the 6th richest owner in the EFL at £2.8 billion.  Probably no longer true though as HL shares are down by around 25%.

The Sags are on the list too with the Wally family supposedly worth £400 million.  Not much use though if they never spend any of it ?

Unlucky da shit!

• Haha 3

22 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

I might take The Gap out this weekend to celebrate being old enough to drink alcohol.

I will also be turning my clock back an hour whilst The Gap turns theirs back 18 years!

Mind The Gap!

#Tinpot

I wouldn't do that if I was you.  The Gap is a well known scrounger and you will end up having to pay for everything.  And after you've had a few drinks, The Gap will leave you in the pub and try to steal your house.

• Haha 3

53 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

I wouldn't do that if I was you.  The Gap is a well known scrounger and you will end up having to pay for everything.  And after you've had a few drinks, The Gap will leave you in the pub and try to steal your house.

Sorry but you're completely and utterly wrong.

The Gap is good, so good and in remarkably good health. I'd advise that The Gap be taken out and celebrated at every opportunity. It's incredibly generous and constantly gives me gifts.

I admit that The Gap does have another, dark side to it but that's very well hidden, almost never seen and these days, is well under control.

The Gap has been examined recently and I'm confident that it can look forward to a long and happy existence so enjoy it (and pass it on to your kids to look after and cherish).

1 minute ago, Red-Robbo said:

No. You have to have had sex with a woman to have an illegitimate child.

Does it count if she was asleep at the time,and he used his hand as not to wake her,whilst looking through his neighbours bedroom window.

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Evil Post are reporting that BCFC are owned by the 6th richest owner in the EFL at £2.8 billion.  Probably no longer true though as HL shares are down by around 25%.

The Sags are on the list too with the Wally family supposedly worth £400 million.  Not much use though if they never spend any of it ?

Just about goes to show what The Evil's fit for these days - to adorn the bottom of a litter tray.

Firstly, just because somebody owns an entity gives no indication as to their intention or obligation to support its existence, let alone the status of friends or relations of the owner. Clearly an owner's net worth may suggest to what extent they'll likely provide support, but thats confidence only.

In Wally's case very little is known about his and his family's investments and liabilities. AJIB appears to be their main asset and for that we do know about Wally. He holds just over 5.9 million shares, which at present value are worth in the region of £8.6m.  

39 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

No. You have to have had sex with a woman to have an illegitimate child.

I was pishing myself so much that I forgot that basic fact. Good of you to point it out.

Maybe the child was the result of a Sag-ette using the same bathwater as said Sagtwat after he had 'done his business' in it.   

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Great predictions from this belter a couple of years ago.

UWE Stadium?

Home crowds under 7k :laughcont:

Mind the Gap Sagheads...

02F62C02-2B31-4B46-B6C6-0D985C276AA8.jpeg

Let's look at detail what this methane snorter is actually saying;

1] "more like a professional club" By his own admission its an amateur club. Well we can see that on a daily basis.

2] "Mind the gap" Well its coming up to 18 years since they were last above us and looking at the proposed plans for the training facility and the arena at Ashton Gate against two tents without planning permission I would estimate the gap is widening rapidly.

3] "The blue few" The actual home fans attending the last match was more like half the capacity so he's right about not being able to do anything about the size or capacity of their ground. I would suggest running back and forth several times to fill up those empty spaces.

4] They can't afford to get rid of dopey.

5] "Building a house with foundations" You don't need foundations to pitch a tent, only a few tent pegs.

6] "Surroundings that their support deserves" I think they already have that, in a word, pathetic.

Deluded muppet

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Swede said:

Let's look at detail what this methane snorter is actually saying;

1] "more like a professional club" By his own admission its an amateur club. Well we can see that on a daily basis.

2] "Mind the gap" Well its coming up to 18 years since they were last above us and looking at the proposed plans for the training facility and the arena at Ashton Gate against two tents without planning permission I would estimate the gap is widening rapidly.

3] "The blue few" The actual home fans attending the last match was more like half the capacity so he's right about not being able to do anything about the size or capacity of their ground. I would suggest running back and forth several times to fill up those empty spaces.

4] They can't afford to get rid of dopey.

5] "Building a house with foundations" You don't need foundations to pitch a tent, only a few tent pegs.

6] "Surroundings that their support deserves" I think they already have that, in a word, pathetic.

Deluded muppet

I love the ‘DC wouldn’t have signed a five year contract unless he knew what Wael had planned’, comment, of course he would.  “Darryl do you want financial stability for 5 years even if you do badly and get sacked in a career where 99% of managers get sacked?”, what do you think he’s going to say?  “No thanks Wael i’ll take my chances!”.

It’s got nothing to do with stadiums or training grounds that may or may not be in the pipeline, anyone with any sense would take the 5 year deal.  And the problem they now have is that it will cost them to sack him because of the crazy deal they gave him!

Edited by Tinmans Love Child
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I love the ‘DC wouldn’t have signed a five year contract unless he knew what Wael had planned’, comment, of course he would.  “Darryl do you want financial stability for 5 years even if you do badly and get sacked in a career where 99% of managers get sacked?”, what do you think he’s going to say?  “No thanks Wael i’ll take my chances!”.

It’s got nothing to do with stadiums or training grounds that may or may not be in the pipeline, anyone with any sense would take the 5 year deal.

............and Dopey !

2 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Loyal and true. But waiting to return to watch them once they have better facilities. Dick head

I have yet to meet a single Gashead who can explain to me how a fan base can be ‘loyal and true’, ‘real fans’ and non ‘plastic’ yet clearly so afraid of watching their team from a good old fashioned terrace?

As I’ve suggested before, if thousands of them are choosing to stay away because they haven’t got a nice comfy seat to sit in that suggests their support is pretty ‘plastic’ and far from ‘loyal’.

...but as someone else has said, they’re only good at filling stadiums that don’t exsist.

7 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Great predictions from this belter a couple of years ago.

UWE Stadium?

Home crowds under 7k :laughcont:

Mind the Gap Sagheads...

02F62C02-2B31-4B46-B6C6-0D985C276AA8.jpeg

Proper foundations? If they dig any deeper they will be in Australia! Still the stadium might be taking a little while longer than expected (60years since they sold Eastville) but at least they have their fantastic new training ground opening any day soon.

56 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

Proper foundations? If they dig any deeper they will be in Australia! Still the stadium might be taking a little while longer than expected (60years since they sold Eastville) but at least they have their fantastic new training ground opening any day soon.

And the rest.............nearly eighty years, still, slow and steady wins the race !